Daily GK Update, 7 July 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Assam government to upgrade Dehing Patkai wildlife sanctuary to national park
- The Assam government on 6th July decided to upgrade Dehing Patkai Wildlife Sanctuary into a national park. The announcement comes just months after the National Board of Wildlife’s (NBWL) conditional clearance to a coal mining project by Coal India Limited (CIL) in the Dehing Patkai Elephant Reserve sparked a spate of virtual protests in the state.
- The 111.942 sq km Dehing Patkai Wildlife Sanctuary is located within the larger Dehing Patkai Elephant Reserve, which spreads across the coal- and oil-rich districts of Upper Assam (Dibrugarh, Tinsukia and Sivasagar) and is believed to be the last remaining contiguous patch of lowland rainforest area in Assam.
Top 5 National Parks In Assam
- Kaziranga National Park
- Manas National Park
- Dibru Saikhowa National Park
- Nameri National Park
- Orang National Park
♦CBSE partners with Facebook to launch curriculum on digital safety & augmented reality
- The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) and Facebook have partnered to launch curriculum on digital safety and online well-being and Augmented Reality for students and educators.
- According to CBSE officials, the comprehensive curriculum is aimed at ensuring online well-being of students and preparing them for the future of work.
- The modules are for secondary school students. The curriculum is now available on the CBSE website. This partnership is led by Facebook for Education, a global initiative by Facebook, to build diverse learning communities and bring the world closer together.
♦Maharashtra CM launched ‘MahaJob’ portal
- Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray inaugurated the ‘MahaJob’ portal. This portal will bring unemployed youth (sons of the soil) and companies looking for skilled labours on one platform. But it seems state government had forgotten that similar job portal is already existing under Skill development called ‘MahaSwayam’.
Note: About Maharashtra
- Capital: Mumbai
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
- CM: Uddhav Thackeray
♦Railways, BHEL tie up for solar power generation
- In a first of its kind use of technology globally, Indian Railways will feed power generated from solar energy directly onto railways’ overhead traction.
- The project commissioned by the Railways in collaboration with Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) involves adoption of innovative technology for converting Direct Current to single phase Alternating Current for feeding directly to Railway’s overhead traction system.
- The project is of 1.7 MWp (megawatt peak) at Bina (Madhya Pradesh) which shall be connected directly to Overhead Traction System.
Note: About Bhel
- CEO: Nalin Singhal
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Founded: 1964
♦India Ranked 117th in SDG Index 2020, Sweden Tops
- In accordance with the “Sustainable Development Report 2020- The Sustainable Development Goals and Covid-19”, comprising of SDG index 2020, there will be severe negative impacts on most of the United Nations (UN)-mandated Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) due to COVID-19 pandemic. India, which has ranked at 117th position with a score of 61.92 is also facing major challenges in 10 of the 17 SDGs including zero hunger, good health, gender inequality among others. The index has been topped by Sweden.
List of India’s Rank Different Index 2020
- World Happiness Index 2020-144th
- Economic Freedom Index 2020-120th
- International Intellectual Property (IP) Index-40th
- Child flourishing index rankings 2020-77th
- Global passport Index 2020-84th
- Global Press Freedom Index 2020-142
- IMD’s World Competitiveness Index 2020: 43rd
♦India Ranked 31st in INFORM Risk Index 2020; Somalia Tops
- “INFORM Report 2020: Shared evidence for managing crises and disasters” released by research centre INFORM, operating under European Commission (EU), India has ranked at 31st place with an inform risk of 5.4, means risk of humanitarian crises and disasters . The report ranked the countries based on “INFORM Risk Index” which has been topped by Somalia with an inform risk of 8.9. The report has analyzed 191 countries.
- The report considers the following while framing the index
- Natural Factors: Tsunami, Earthquake, Drought, Flood, Epidemic and Tropical Cyclones
- Human Factors: Human Conflicts and conflict risks
- Socio-Economic factors: Inequality, vulnerable people, deprivation and aid dependency
- Institutional: DRR, Governance
- Infrastructure: Communication, Physical infrastructure, Access to health system
Banking and Financial
♦Yes Bank launches ‘Loan in Seconds’ for instant loan disbursements
- YES BANK announced the launch of ‘Loan in Seconds’, a unique solution enabling instant disbursement of retail loans for the Bank’s pre-approved liability account holders, in line with the Bank’s strategy of building a transformed ‘Digital Bank’.
- Leveraging on the Bank’s strong technology and analytics, which plays a critical role in identifying and customizing offers for each individual customer, this digital solution aims to provide hassle-free loans to help customers meet their financial needs across products.
♦Injeti Srinivas appointed chairman of IFSCA
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet approved the appointment of Injeti Srinivas as chairman of the International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA), according to an official notice on 6th July.
- The former corporate affairs secretary and 1983-batch IAS officer of the Odisha cadre will head the IFSCA for a period of three years.
♦NHRC forms expert panel to study COVID impact on human rights, Headed by K S Reddy
- The National Human Rights Commission has constituted an 11-member expert committee to study impact of Covid-19 on human rights and future response of the government.
- The expert panel would be headed by Dr K S Reddy, president of Public Health Foundation of India. The expert committee would assess the impact of Covid-19 on human rights of people, especially marginalised and vulnerable sections of the society, including migrant labourers.
♦Tamil Nadu’s G Akash becomes India’s 66th chess Grandmaster
- Tamil Nadu’s G Akash became the country’s 66th chess Grandmaster while his statemate M Pranesh and Goa’s Ameya Audi earned International Master titles. Akash’s GM title was confirmed at the second council meet of International Chess Federation (FIDE) for the year 2020 held recently.
♦Valtteri Bottas won F1 Austrian Grand Prix
- Valtteri Bottas wins F1 Austrian Grand Prix. Mercedes’s, Valtteri Bottas (Finland) has won the Austrian Grand Prix 2020 at Red Bull Ring in Spielberg, Austria. This was the first race of 2020 Formula One season. Charles Leclerc finished second for Ferrari while McLaren’s Lando Norris came third.
♦6th July: World zoonoses day 2020
- On July 6 in 1885, Louis Pasteur successfully administered the first vaccine against rabies, one of the most feared diseases of that time. The bite of an infected animal transmits the rabies virus to humans, leading to an agonizing death without the vaccine.
- World Zoonoses Day, held July 6 every year, marks this major breakthrough in the fight against zoonoses — diseases caused by germs that spread between animals and people.
♦7th July: World Chocolate Day
- World chocolate day, also known as the International chocolate day observed on July 7th is all about celebrating one of the best creations of humankind- Chocolate. The silky, rich and smooth taste of chocolate has the power to unite our entire race, that can swear by it.
July Important Day
- July 1: Doctor’s Day & National Postal Worker Day
- 2nd July: World Sports Journalists Day 2020
- July 6: World Zoonoses Day
- July 11: World Population Day
- July 17: World Day for International Justice
- July 18: International Nelson Mandela Day
- July 28: World Hepatitis Day
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here