Daily GK Update: 7 May 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Largest number of children displaced in 2019: UNICEF
- An estimated 19 million children, more than ever before, were living in displacement within their own countries due to conflict and violence in 2019 — some of them for years, according to a new report of the UN Children’s Fund (UNICEF).
- At the end of 2019, an estimated 46 million people were internally displaced by conflict and violence. More than four in 10, or 19 million, were children, says the report “Lost at Home,” which was released on 5th May, reported Xinhua news agency.
Note: About UNICEF
- Headquarters: New York, New York, United States
- Head: Henrietta H. Fore
- Founded: 11 December 1946
♦NITI Aayog launches ‘Surakshit Dada-Dadi & Nana-Nani Abhiyan’
- Government think tank Niti Aayog in association with Piramal Foundation — the philanthropic arm of the Piramal Group — on 5th May launched a campaign ”Surakshit Dada-Dadi & Nana-Nani Abhiyan” focussed on ensuring wellbeing of senior citizens
- Purpose: ”Surakshit Dada-Dadi & Nana-Nani Abhiyan” is aimed at creating awareness about various aspects of senior citizens” health and lifestyle including preventive measures and requisite behavioral changes in view of COVID-19 pandemic.
International (Current Affairs)
♦Mustafa Al Kadhimi chosen as Iraq’s new Prime Minister
- Mustafa Al Kadhimi has been chosen as Iraq’s new Prime Minister, ending months of political deadlock. Iraq’s Parliament voted on May 7, 2020 to chose Mustafa Kadhimi as the nation’s new prime minister.
- Mustafa Kadhimi has become Iraq’s first proper Prime Minister after Adel Abdul Mahdi resigned in November 2019 due to massive anti-government protests. Kadhimi is a former intelligence chief.
Note: About Iraq
- Capital: Baghdad
- Currency: Iraqi dinar
- President: Barham Salih
♦Irans parliament introduces new currency, Toman, to tackle inflation
- The Iranian Parliament has announced the decision to replace its currency “Rial” with another basic unit of currency called the “Toman.” Each toman will be worth 10,000 rials under the new system.
- Aim: The move aims to ease the psychological impact of soaring consumer prices on a population that has endured high inflation for decades and grappled the number of zeros in government figures.
Note: About Iran
- Capital: Tehran
- President: Hassan Rouhani
Book and Author
♦A book titled as Vijyant at Kargil: The Life of a Kargil War Hero authored by Colonel VN Thapar and Neha Dwivedi
- The book titled as ‘Vijyant at Kargil: The Life of a Kargil Hero’ authored by Vijyant’s father Colonel VN Thapar and writer Neha Dwivedi, a martyr’s daughter. Its e-book will be released on May 15. It is published by Penguin Random House.
♦6th May: International No Diet Day 2020
- May 6, is celebrated as International No-Diet Day (INDD) every year. Created by Mary Evans Young in 1992, the day is designed to promote a healthy lifestyle with a focus on health at any size. INDD celebrates the beauty and diversity of all body types.
♦First Thursday in May (7th May): World Password Day
- Each year on the first Thursday in May, World Password Day promotes better password habits. Passwords are critical gatekeepers to our digital identities, allowing us to access online shopping, dating, banking, social media, private work, and life communications. In a cyber world, secure passwords are important.
List of important Day (May)
- May 11: National Technology Day
- May 12: International Nurses Day
- May 15: International Day of the Family
- May 17: World Telecommunication Day & World Hypertension Day
- May 18: World AIDS Vaccine Day & International Museum Day
♦7th May: World Athletics Day 2020
- The first World Athletics Day was celebrated in 1996. Primo Nebiolo, the then-president of the International Amateur Athletic Federation (IAAF), started the celebration. It is celebrated every year in May. The date is decided by IAAF every year.
- Educate the generation about the significance of sports.
- Encourage athletics as the foundational sport in schools and educational institutions.
- Increase public awareness about sports in youth and understand its importance
- Make athletics the number one participation sport in schools across the world.
- Construct a link between the youth, sport, and environmental conservation.
♦Vesak day is observed on 7 May
- Vesak Day 2020 is observed globally on 7 May. Vesak, the Day of Full Moon is the most sacred day to the Buddhists all over the world. On this day, Lord Gautham Buddha attained enlightenment. The Day is commemorated by the United Nations every year.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here