Daily GK Update 7 & 8 Nov 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020 :
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Nagaland celebrate Hornbill Festival 2020
- “Festival of Festivals”, the Hornbill Festival is celebrated every year from December 1 to 10, showcasing the rich cultural heritage and tradition of the Nagas in one platform at Naga Heritage Village Kisama under Kohima District.
- Nagaland Tourism Department has informed that the state government decided to celebrate the Hornbill Festival 2020 in a complete virtual mode only through various audio visual media channels and Social Media platforms.
Note: List of Important Festival in Nagaland
- Sekrenyi ( February 25 – March 5, District: Kohima)
- Tsukheneye ( The festival is held during the second week of January every year, District: Phek)
- Aoleang (April 1 – April 6, District: Mon)
- Naknyulem (July 31, District: Tuensang)
- Mimkut (January 17, District: Peren)
- Tuluni (First week of July, District: Zunheboto)
International (Current Affairs)
♦Democrat Joe Biden to be 46th US president, Kamala Harris his VP
- Democrat Joe Biden will be the 46th president of the United States, several news outlets projected on 7th Nov. Kamala Harris will be his vice president.
- She is the first woman as well as the first person of colour in the post. A candidate needed 270 electoral votes to win. Biden won the elections with a total of 273 electoral votes.
Note: About Joe Biden
- 47th Vice President of the United States– January 20, 2009 – January 20, 2017
- United States Senator from Delaware– January 3, 1973 – January 15, 2009
- Chair of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee– January 3, 2007 – January 3, 2009
♦Indian diplomat Vidisha Maitra elected to key United Nations committee
- India’s Vidisha Maitra was elected to the UN body – Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ) with strong support of the member states
- India’s permanent representative to the UN, Ambassador T. S. Tirumurti expressed gratitude to the member states in reposing faith in India’s candidate.
- He added that India has a stellar record of bringing its professional auditing experience to the UN. He affirmed that India takes the responsibility very seriously.
Banking & Financial
♦ Saudi PIF to invest $1.3 billion in Reliance Retail for 2.04% stake
- Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) announced on 6th Nov that Saudi Arabia’s sovereign Public Investment Fund (PIF) is investing Rs 9,555 crore ($1.3 billion) to pick 2.04% stake in Reliance Retail Ventures Ltd (RRVL), becoming the latest high-profile global fund to purchase stake in India’s largest retailer.
- The Saudi company will take the number of international funds to plough capital into RRVL to nine and their cumulative foreign investment into the holding company of Reliance Retail to Rs 47,265 crore to collectively pick 10.5% stake in the retailer.
List of Reliance Retail stake holder
- GIC– Rs 5,512.5 crore (1.22%)
- TPG- Rs 1,837.50 crore (0.41%)
- Mubadala Investment– Rs 6,247.5 crore (1.40%)
- Silver Lake Partners– Rs. 7500cr. (1.75%)
- US buyout firm KKR & Co – Rs 5,550 crore (1.28%)
- General Atlantic- Rs 3,675 crore (0.84%)
- Silver Lake co-investor-Rs 1,875 crore (0.38%)
- ADIA- Rs. 5,512.5 (1.2%)
♦Italy’s Snam signs pact with India’s Greenko on hydrogen value chain
- On November 6, 2020, Snam, an Italian energy infrastructure firm, signed an agreement with the Greenko, a renewable energy company in India, to develop the hydrogen value chain in the country.
- According to the agreement, the two companies will collaborate on the study of hydrogen production methods from renewables.
♦Whatsapp Partners with 5 Banks for UPI Payment
- WhatsApp has partnered with five Indian banks to process its payment services. These are State Bank of India, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, Axis Bank and Jio Payments Bank.
- The Facebook-owned messaging platform, WhatsApp Inc., has received the approval from the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) to launch its Unified Payments Interface (UPI) based payments services in India, to let users send or receive money across the country.
♦ SEBI increases Overseas Investment limits for Mutual Funds
- Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has enhanced the investment limits for Mutual Fund companies for overseas investments. Mutual Funds can make overseas investments subject to a maximum of US $ 600 million per Mutual Fund, within the overall industry limit of US $ 7 billion. Earlier it was USD 300 million.
- Mutual Funds can make investments in overseas Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) subject to a maximum of US $ 200 million per Mutual Fund, within the overall industry limit of US $ 1 billion. Earlier it was Rs 50 million.
Note: About SEBI
- Founded: 12 April 1992
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Chairperson: Ajay Tyagi
♦Kerala Tourism wins World Travel Mart London Award
- The World Travel Mart London bestowed Kerala Tourism with the coveted ‘Highly Commended’ Award. Kerala Tourism was recognised for its remarkable activities for promoting Responsible Tourism (RT) during the challenging times of COVID-19 pandemic.
- Kerala’s Responsible Tourism (RT) Mission received this recognition in the category of ‘Meaningful Connections.’
♦India’s special forces carry out a ‘Bull Strike’ in Andaman Nicobar Islands
- Amilitary exercise involving special forces was carried out in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands between November 3 and 5 as the Army, Navy and Air Force got together for the war games amid the India-China standoff to test synergy in joint operations.
- Andaman and Nicobar Command (ANC) conducted a joint services exercise code-named ‘Bull Strike’, involving the three Services components of Andaman and Nicobar Command.
List of military domestic exercises
- Gandiv Vijay
- Paschim Lehar
- Vayu Shakti
- Vijay Prahar
- Megh Prahar
- ‘Chang Thang’
- “Him Vijay”
- Sudarshan Chakra Vahini exercise
- ‘Sindhu Sudarshan’
♦ISRO to launch all-weather Earth Observation Satellite
- The Earth Observation Satellite to be launched is a Radar Imaging Satellite. It is the third of the three-spacecraft constellation. The other two are RISAT-2B and RISAT-2BR1. These two satellites were launched in 2019. These three satellites in the constellation are to provide all weather round the clock service with high-resolution images.
- Benefits: As the satellite uses radar imaging, it is unaffected by clouds, fog or lack of sunlight. All the three satellites, EOS-01 and RISAT-2B, RISAT-2BR1 use X-band radars to monitor urban landscape, forest land and imaging agricultural land.
Note: About ISRO
- Headquarters: Bengaluru
- Founder: Vikram Sarabhai
- Founded: 15 August 1969
- Director: Kailasavadivoo Sivan
♦November 7-National Cancer Awareness Day
- National Cancer Awareness Day is celebrated in India on 7th Nov. The day is important, for it educates people about the serious threat that is cancer. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), cancer is the second-deadliest disease which causes death among people.
- Union Health Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan first announced National Cancer Awareness Day in September 2014. He launched the state-level movement on cancer control, and encouraged people to report to municipal clinics for free screening.
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|