Daily GK Update, 8 & 9 August 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current affairs)
♦Delhi Govt. launches Electric Vehicle Policy
- Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on 7th August launched its Electric Vehicle (EV) Policy and said it stands as the most progressive in the entire country and that it will strive to bring down pollution levels here while generating employment.
- He said that the objective is that by 2024, 25% of all new vehicle registrations should be for EVs.
- The policy makes a case for incentives of up to ₹1.5 lakh for the purchase of new electric cars in the city capital. An incentive of up to ₹30,000 will be provided for e-two-wheelers, autos, e-rickshaws and freight vehicles.
♦Over 160 million watched live telecast of Ram temple event
- Over 160 million (16cr.) people tuned in to watch the live telecast of the foundation stone-laying ceremony of the Ram temple in Ayodhya, resulting in viewership of more than 7 billion viewing minutes across the TV universe in India, according to preliminary estimates by Prasar Bharati.
- Viewership was of Doordarshan’s live coverage was carried by nearly 200 TV channels during the main events between 10.45 am and 2 pm on 5th August.
International (Current Affairs)
♦Mauritius declares emergency as stranded ship spills fuel
- The Indian Ocean island of Mauritius declared a “state of environmental emergency” on 7th August after a Japanese-owned ship that ran aground offshore days ago began spilling tons of fuel.
- Prime Minister Pravind Jugnauth announced the development as satellite images showed a dark slick spreading in the turquoise waters near environmental areas that the government called “very sensitive.
Note: About Mauritius
- Capital: Port Louis
- Currency: Mauritian rupee
- Prime minister: Pravind Jugnauth
♦Mahinda Rajapaksa takes oath as prime minister for fourth time
- On August 9, 2020, former president of Sri Lanka Shri Mahinda Rajapaksa was sworn in as the new prime minister.
- The party won in 145 constituencies, bagging a total of 150 seats with its allies, a two-thirds majority in the 225-member Parliament.
Note: About Srilanka
- Capital: Colombo
- Currency: Sri Lankan rupee
♦P S Ranipse appointed as new IG of CRPF
- P S Ranipse appointed as Inspector General (IG) of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF). he is an IPS officer from Odisha cadre. he will serve for the period of five years.
- P S Ranipse is from 1995 batch of IPS officer and prior to this, he has served as an Additional Director General (Vigilance) in Odisha state.
Note: About CRPF
- Headquarters – New Delhi.
- The motto of CRPF – Service and Loyalty(“सेवा और निष्ठा”).
- founded – 27 July 1939.
♦Prof Pradeep Kumar Joshi appointed as UPSC chairman
- Educationist Professor Pradeep Kumar Joshi was on 7th August appointed as the chairman of the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), that conducts the civil services examination to select India’s bureaucrats and diplomats among others.
- He will succeed Arvind Saxena who completes his term as UPSC chairman on 7TH August.
♦PNB Housing Finance appoints Hardayal Prasad as MD & CEO
- PNB Housing Finance Limited announces that following an extensive executive search that considered internal and external candidates, its Board of Directors has appointed Hardayal Prasad as Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer.
- Hardayal Prasad is a seasoned banker with experience in banking, international operations and credit card industry. He will assume the position on Aug 10, 2020 and replace Neeraj Vyas.
Banking and Financial
♦LIC acquires 5% stake in YES Bank
- Yes Bank on 6th August announced LIC has acquired close to 5 per cent shareholding in the bank by purchasing shares from the open market. With the fresh acquisition, the hold of LIC has increased from 0.75 per cent to 4.98 per cent.
- LIC purchased 105.98 crore shares, reflecting 4.23 per cent stake. Prior to this, LIC had 0.75 per cent stake in Yes Bank though 19 crore shares held. LIC holding in the bank increased to 4.98 per cent through 125 crore shares held.
♦ADB signs Dollar 200 million financing deal with Reliance for power plant in Bangladesh
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) has signed a dollar 200 million financing deal with the Reliance Bangladesh LNG and Power Limited (RBLPL) to build and operate a 718 megawatt combined-cycle gas-fired power plant in Bangladesh.
- Announcing the deal in a press release on 7th August, the ADB said that the project will ease ongoing energy shortages and drive further private sector investments in the country’s power sector.
- The financing deal has two components of dollar 100 million each. While ADB will provide dollar 100 million, it will also administer the other part worth dollar 100 million from the Leading Asia’s Private Infrastructure Fund (LEAP).
Note: About Bangladesh
- Capital: Dhaka
- Currency: Bangladeshi taka
♦India to Participate in Kavkaz Exercise 2020 in Russia
- India is going to participate in the multilateral military ‘Russian Kavakaz 2020’ strategic command exercise to be organized in Astrakhan, Russia. The Indian contingent will be represented by the Navy and the Air Force also.
- The invitation to participate in this exercise is known as Caucasus 2020 and it was extended to around 18 countries including China, Iran, Pakistan and Turkey besides from the Central Asian Republics which are part of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization.
List of Exercise between India and Russia
- INDRA Naval Exercise
- Aviaindra Air Force Exercise
♦India bans import of 101 defence items to boost self reliance
- Defence minister Rajnath Singh on 9th August said that the government has prepared a list 101 items on which there would be an embargo on import to give a push to Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan’ (Self-Reliant India Movement).
- The list includes artillery guns, missile destroyers, ship-borne cruise missiles, light combat aircraft, light transport aircraft, long-range land attack cruise missiles, communication satellites, basic trainer aircraft, multi-barrel rocket launchers, a variety of radars, assault rifles, sniper rifles, mini UAVs and different types of ammunition.
♦India to host 2021 T20 World Cup, 2022 edition in Australia
- India will remain hosts of the 2021 Twenty20 World Cup while Australia will host this year’s postponed tournament in 2022, the sport’s governing International Cricket Council (ICC) said on 7th August.
- The ICC also confirmed the women’s 50-over World Cup that was scheduled to be held in New Zealand in February-March next year has been postponed to 2022.
Book and Author
♦‘Amazing Ayodhya’, a new book by author Neena Rai
- ‘Amazing Ayodhya’, a new book by author Neena Rai, tells history of Lord Rama’s birth place The publishing house Bloomsbury has announced their latest book which sheds light on the history of Ayodhya. It will hit stands in November 2020.
♦8th August: 78th Quit India Movement Day 2020
- In the August of 1942, Mahatma Gandhi’s fiery speech in Mumbai, giving a ‘do or die’ call, to the people of India was a final push to make the British quit India.
- Also known as the Bharat Chodo Andolan or August Kranti Movement.
♦August 9: World Tribal Day
- Every year United Nations and other world organizations celebrate World Tribal Day or International Day of the World Indigenous People.
- The day promotes and protects rights of world indigenous population. The day marks first meet of the United Nations Working Group on Indigenous Populations in Geneva, 1982.
♦9th August: Nagasaki Day
- 75 years of Hiroshima and Nagasaki Day: On August 9, 1945, the US dropped the second nuclear bomb on Nagasaki, three days after Hiroshima was destroyed by the first one. This led to Japan’s unconditional surrender in Second World War.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|