Daily GK Update: 8 & 9 March 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦ India admitted as fifth observer to Indian Ocean Commission
- India was admitted to the Indian Ocean Commission (IOC: Commission de l’Océan Indien, COI) on 7th March as an observer after it applied last month to be considered for observer status.
- The decision was taken at the meeting of the IOC Conference of ministers in Seychelles on 7th March making India the fifth observer. The other four observers China, Malta, European Union and International Organisation of La Francophonie (OIF).
- The five-member grouping is important given India’s plans to expand in The Western Indian Ocean (WIO) which is strategically connects the Indian Ocean to the Southeastern coast of Africa and beyond.
- The IOC was created in 1982 at Port Louis, Mauritius, and later institutionalised in 1984.
International (Current Affairs)
♦ Sri Lanka to host 5th BIMSTEC Summit in September
- BIMSTEC charter will be ready for adoption at its next biennial summit 2020 meeting scheduled to be held in Colombo this year (September).
- This was informed by BIMSTEC Secretary General Mohammad Shahidu Islam during his meeting with Sri Lankan Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa last evening.
- During the meeting, the two sides discussed possible dates for holding the 5th BIMSTEC Summit in Colombo.
- About BIMSTEC
- The Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC) is a regional multilateral organisation.
- Its members lie in the littoral and adjacent areas of the Bay of Bengal constituting a contiguous regional unity.
- 7 members: Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, Thailand
- Established: 1997
- Headquarters: Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Secretary General: Mohammad Shahidu Islam
Banking and Financial
♦ Moody’s cuts India growth forecast to 5.3% for 2020
- Moody’s Investors Service on 9th March cut its growth forecast for India to 5.3 per cent for 2020 from 5.4 per cent estimated earlier, as it expects the coronavirus outbreak to dampen domestic demand globally.
- Note: India’s GDP growth 2019-20 various Financial Organizations
- World Bank-5%
♦ Justice (retd.) Ranjana Prakash Desai appointed to head Delimitation Commission set up for J&K, Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Nagaland
- The Central Government has set up a Delimitation Commission for the purpose of delimitation of Assembly and the Parliamentary constituencies Union Territories of Jammu and Kashmir and the States of Assam , Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur and Nagaland.
- The Commission will be headed by former Supreme Court judge, Justice (retd.) Ranjana Prakash Desai and will have Election Commissioner Sushil Chandra as its ex-officio member.
- In exercise of the powers conferred by section 3 of the Delimitation Act, 2002, the Central Government hereby constitutes the Delimitation Commission for delimitation of Assembly and Parliamentary constituencies in the Union territory of Jammu and Kashmir and the states of Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur and Nagaland.
♦ ICC Women’s T20 WC final: AUS wins record 5th title, beats IND by 85 runs
- Defending champions Australia cricket team won its record fifth ICC Women’s T20 World Cup title, outclassing India cricket team by 85 runs in the summit clash at the Melbourne Cricket Ground.
- Chasing a challenging target, India, featuring in its maiden final of the tournament, couldn’t handle the pressure and were bundled out for 99 in 19.1 overs. India suffered a batting collapse as the top order of teen sensation Shafali Verma (2), Smriti Mandhana (11), Jemimah Rodrigues (0) and skipper Harmanpreet Kaur (4) departed inside the first six overs.
♦ Indian runner Prachi provisionally suspended after testing positive for Oxandrolone
- Indian runner (400m) Prachi has been provisionally suspended after testing positive for the presence of a steroid Oxandrolone, the National Anti Doping Agency (NADA).
- The provisional suspension comes into effect from February 20, 2020.
- As per the World Anti Doping Agency (WADA) and NADA list, Oxandrolone is a prohibited substance, which is a non-specified substance-Anabolic Androgenic Steroid.
♦ Indian Coast Guards conducts SAREX-2020 in Goa
- Final exercise of the National level Search and Rescue Exercise (SAREX-2020) was conducted by the Indian Coast Guard in the sea at Vasco, South Goa district.
- The exercise was carried out on 7TH March and rehearsals for SAREX were conducted on March 4.
- It was observed by observers from 19 countries.
Note: List Defence Exercise 2020
- ‘Naseem-Al-Bahr’-India and Oman
- ‘Sahyog Kaijin’-Indo &Japan
- ‘SAMPRITI-IX’-India & Bangladesh
- Ajeya Warrior 2020– India and UK
♦ 8th March: International Women’s Day
- The International Women’s Day is observed every year on March 8 to celebrate the women’s movement and struggle for equality.
- Note: Latest Important Day
- 21st February– International Mother Language Day
- 22nd February – World Thinking Day
- 24th February– Central Excise Day
- 27th February– World NGO Day
- 27th February– National Science Day
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|