Daily GK Update: 8 April 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020, UPSC and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Swasth ke Sipahi delivering essential services and medicines at doorstep
- Swasth ke Sipahi, the pharmacists of Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Kendra , are delivering essential services and medicines at doorstep of patients and elderly under Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana (PMBJP) of the Government of India.
- This is supporting the government’s initiative of practicing social distancing.
- About PMJAK:
- PMJKs are being run by the Bureau of Pharma PSUs of India(BPPI) under the Department of Pharmaceuticals, Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers, Government of India.
- It’s objective is to provide quality and affordable healthcare to anyone in need.
- Presently, more than 6300 PMJAKs are functioning across the nation, covering 726 districts of the country.
- In the lockdown period, Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana (PMBJP) is generating awareness through informational posts on their social media platforms, to help people protect themselves from Coronavirus.
♦MHRD launches ‘Samadhan’ challenge to invite ideas to fight COVID-19
- The Innovation Cell of the Ministry of Human Resource has launched an online challenge ‘Samadhan’ to invite ideas and innovations that can help fight against the novel coronavirus.
- The challenge is open for student innovators, researchers, educators and startups to participate. The last date for applications is April 14.
International (Current Affairs)
♦Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey pledges $1 billion of his wealth for fight against coronavirus
- Twitter Inc Chief Executive Officer Jack Dorsey on 7th April pledged $1 billion of his stake in Square Inc, the payments processor that he co-founded and heads, to help fund relief efforts related to the coronavirus pandemic.
- Dorsey, whose net worth is estimated at $3.3 billion by Forbes, also said that he was pledging his stake in Square instead of Twitter because he owns a bigger portion of the payments processor. He also said that he would pace the sale of the pledged shares over time.
Note: About Twitter
- Founded: 21 March 2006, San Francisco, California, United States
- Headquarters: San Francisco, California, United States
Banking and Financial
♦Hindustan Unilever partners with UNICEF to support India’s fight against COVID-19
- Hindustan Unilever on 8th April said it has collaborated with the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) for a mass communication campaign to inform and empower the general public against the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The campaign brings together the marketing expertise and scale of HUL and the technical knowledge of UNICEF to create engaging communication tools that can help people change behaviours and stay safe during the pandemic.
Note: About UNICEF
- Headquarters: New York, New York, United States
- Head: Henrietta H. Fore
- Founded: 11 December 1946
♦India’s GDP may plummet to multi-decade low of 1.6 per cent in FY21: Goldman Sachs
- Economic growth is likely to plummet to a multi-decade low of 1.6 per cent in fiscal year 2020-21 due to COVID-19 pandemic and ensuing measures like lockdowns and social distancing.
- It can be noted that growth was estimated to slide to a decadal low of 5 per cent for FY20 even without the pandemic, and the virus outbreak has only worsened the woes.
Note: India’s GDP Forecast FY2020-21
- World Bank-5.8%
- ADB- 4%
♦Malayalam actor Sasi Kalinga passed Away
- Veteran Malayalam actor Sasi Kalinga, who has acted in more than 250 films, passed away on April 7. The actor was admitted to a private hospital in his hometown, Kozhikode, where he breathed his last.
Attempt CA QUIZ
Most important PDF’s for Bank, SSC, Railway and Other Government Exam : Download PDF Now
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here