Daily GK Update 8th February 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
♦6 February to 14 February- Kala Ghoda Festival
- The Kala Ghoda Arts Festival 2021 is a 9-day event starting from February 6 (Saturday) and ending on February 14 (Sunday). February 14 also marks a cherished ending to the popular Valentine’s week. Kala Ghoda Arts Festivals started in 1999, since then it has become the largest multicultural festival in Mumbai. Kala Ghoda will conduct its 22 edition of this arts festival.
- The Kala Ghoda Arts Festival is one of the most awaited festivals each year for art form lovers.
- Kala Ghoda is an annual exhibition that celebrates theatre, music, films, comedy, world and modern art. The art festival is held every year in Mumbai attracts an enormous number of people from the city and beyond.
♦Samagra Shiksha funded school to be renamed after Netaji
- The Ministry of Education has decided that the Schools and hostels under the Samagra Shiksha scheme will now be renamed after Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose.
- The renaming of the scheme will help to create awareness regarding the facility of these residential schools and hostels in difficult areas. It will also inspire these schools to achieve the high standards of quality education.
Note: List of Some Important Renamed Place
- Ministry of Shipping: Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways.
- Bhopal Metro Rail-Raja Bhoj
- Naya Raipur-Atal Nagar
- Hazratganj intersection-Atal Chowk
- Deoghar Airport (Jharkhand)-Atal Bihari Vajpayee Airport
- Agartala Airport- Maharaja Bir Bikram Airport
- Gwalior-Chambal Expressway -Atal Bihari Vajpayee Chambal Progressway
- Manduadih Station: ‘Banaras’ Station
- Hubli Railway Station: Siddharoodha Swamiji Railway Station
- Naugarh Railway Station: Siddharthnagar railway station
- Airport in Ayodhya : Maryada Purshottam Shriram Airport.
- Gorewada International Zoo: Balasaheb Thackeray Gorewada International Zoological Park
♦Govt allocates Rs16000 crore for 2021-22: PMFBY
- The Central government has allocated Rupees 16,000 crores for the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY) for the upcoming fiscal year 2021-22.
- This allocation was done in order to boost the safety of farmers’ crops. The amount will also ensure that maximum benefit of crop insurance reaches to the farmers.
- The budgetary amount has increased this year by around ₹305 crore as compared to the fiscal year 2020-21.
Note: About PMFBY
- Launched: 13 January 2016
- Ministry: Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
- Launched by: PM Narendra Modi
♦Ladakh to get India’s first Geothermal Power Project
- The first geothermal power project of India will be established at Puga village of eastern Ladakh.
- This decision was taken because, Puga village was identified as the hotspot of geothermal energy by the scientists. The project will be completed in four phases.
- A tripartite Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to establish and implement the first phase was signed on 6th February, 2021 between ONGC Energy; LAHDC, Leh and the Power Department of UT Ladakh.
- This geothermal project is known as Geothermal Field Development Project. It will be commission by the end of 2022.
♦MoU between DRDO and IISc for Joint Advanced Technology Program
- DRDO today signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bengaluru for creation of JATP–Center of Excellence (JATP – CoE) in the premises of IISc to expand the scope and objective of existing Joint Advanced Technology Program.
- The focused research efforts at the centre will lead to realization of indigenous technologies in the critical areas to develop state of art technologies. DRDO will support JATP in equipping it with advanced and unique research facilities that will enable the faculty and scholars to conduct advanced research.
♦UP introduced 16-Digit Unicode To Identify Landholdings
- The Uttar Pradesh government has introduced a system of issuing a unique 16-digit Unicode on February 7, 2020. This Unicode will be used to mark all kinds of landholdings in the state.
The Unicode numbers for the land would comprise of the 16 digits.
- The 6 six digits is based on– The population of the land.
- Next 4 digits-In the line would determine the unique identity of the land.
- Digits from 11 to 14- Would be the number of divisions of the land.
- Lastly, 2 digits– Would contain the details regarding the category. With the help of the last 2 digits, the category of the land viz. residential, agricultural and commercial land can be identified.
Note: About UP
- Capital: Lucknow
- Governor: Anandiben Patel
- Chief minister: Yogi Adityanath
♦Nigeria’s Okonjo-Iweala set to become the first female Chief of WTO
- Nigerian economist Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala has been chosen as the next Director-General of the World Trade Organization (WTO).
- She would be the first woman as well as the first African nation to lead the organization. Okonjo-Iweala, the former finance minister of Nigeria, will succeed Roberto Azevedo, who stepped down in August 2020.
Note: About World Trade Organization
- Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland.
- Founded: 1 January 1995.
♦First women team of CoBRA commando unit
- A maiden contingent of 34 CRPF women personnel were inducted into the specialized jungle warfare commando force called CoBRA. The contingent would now be deployed in the anti-naxal operations grid of India.
- The commandos of the CoBRA are required to be mentally and physically tough. They are mostly deployed in the Maoist violence-affected states of the country. They are also deployed for the insurgency operations.
- COBRA is a special operation unit of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) of India. The operation unit is skilled in the guerrilla tactics and jungle warfare.
Note: About CRPF
- Formed: 27 July 1939; as Crown Representative’s Police; 28 December 1949
- Motto: “सेवा और निष्ठा”; Service and Loyalty
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- DG- AP Maheshwari
♦February 6: International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation
- The “International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation’’ was observed on 6 February. The day is observed every year to spread the awareness and put more efforts to eradicate the Female Genital Mutilation. The day was first introduced in the year 2003 by the United Nations.
- Theme 2021 – “No Time for Global Inaction, Unite, Fund, and Act to End Female Genital Mutilation.”
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|