Daily GK Update, 8 July 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦The government of India has allocated Rs. 12.40 Crore for FY20-21 to Goa for Jal Jeevan Mission
- Goa is planning 100% FHTCs to all rural households by 2021. Out of 2.6 lakh households in the State, 2.29 lakh households have already been provided with household tap connection (FHTC). In a meeting chaired by Secretary, Drinking Water & Sanitation, Goa presented the Annual Action Plan for implementation of JJM for 2020-21, wherein Chief Secretary, Goa assured of providing 100% tap connections by 2021 and by doing so, Goa will be one of first few States to achieve the feat and become 100% ‘Har Ghar Jal’ State.
- The fund allocation to Goa in 2020-21 has been increased from Rs. 3.08 Crore to Rs. 12.40 Crore.
♦HP to provide tap connections to all rural households by 2022; Received Rs. 326.20 Cr funds from Central Govt for FY21
- Union Minister of Jal Shakti, Gajendra Singh Shekhawat and Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh (HP) Jairam Thakur, the Union Government allocated Rs. 326.20 Crore for the effective implementation of Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM) in Himachal Pradesh for FY 2020-21. Including the state’s share the total funds available for providing Functional Household Tap Connection (FHTC) is Rs. 371 Crore.
- Himachal Pradesh is planning 100% coverage by August, 2022, ahead of national goal by 2024.
Jal Jeevan MissionFunds allocated to State (2020-21)
- Bihar– 1,832 crores
- Assam –1407 crores
- Odisha- 812 crores
- Meghalaya- 175 crores
- Chattisgarh- 445 crores
- J & K- 680 crores
- Arunachal Pradesh- 255 crores
- Jharkhand: 572 cr.
- MP-1280 cr.
- Karnataka: Rs 1,189.40 Crore
- Tripura: Rs 156.61 Crore
- Maharashtra: Rs 1,829
- Telangana: 412.19 cr.
♦Andhra Pradesh celebrates Farmers’ Day as tribute to YSR Reddy on his birth anniversary
- The state of Andhra Pradesh is celebrating July 8 as Rythu Dinotsavam (Farmers’ Day) as it marks the birth anniversary of YS Rajasekhara Reddy, the 14th chief minister of Andhra Pradesh who served from 2004 to 2009. On the first day of his term in 2004, YSR Reddy provided free electricity to farmers in a campaign project. YSR was a four-time Member of Parliament and a five-time MLA from the Pulivendula constituency.
- Andhra Pradesh government led by late YSR’s son Jagan Mohan Reddy issued a government order last year designating July 8 as the Farmer’s Day in the state.
- Governor: Biswabhusan Harichandan
- Chief minister: Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy
- Capitals: Visakhapatnam (executive capital), Kurnool (judicial capital, Amaravati (legislative capital.)
♦New Building of IARI, Jharkhand named after Dr.Shyama Prasad Mukherjee
- The new administrative and academic building of the Indian Agricultural research Institute (IARI),at Gouria Karma in Hazaribagh, Jharkhand is named after Shyama Prasad Mukherjee the founder of Bharatiya Jan Sangh, on the event of his birth anniversary.
Note: About Jharkhand
- Capital: Ranchi
- Chief minister: Hemant Soren
- Governor: Draupadi Murmu
International (Current Affairs)
♦United Nations Announces US to Withdraw From WHO in July 2021
- The United States will leave the World Health Organisation (WHO) on July 6, 2021, the United Nations said on 8th July, after receiving notification of the decision by President Donald Trump, who has accused the agency of becoming a puppet for China during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Trump, who announced the decision over a month ago, has to give one-year notice of the U.S. withdrawal from the Geneva-based body and pay all Washington’s dues under a 1948 joint resolution of the U.S. Congress. The United States currently owes the WHO more than $200 million in assessed contributions, according to the WHO website.
♦JLL’s latest Global Real Estate Transparency Index India 34th Position ; UK tops
- India’s real estate industry has registered one of the largest improvements globally and regionally in JLL and LaSalle’s biennial Global Real Estate Transparency Index
- (GRETI). The country ranks 34th globally on the index, with higher levels of transparency observed in India due to regulatory reforms, enhanced market data and sustainability initiatives.
- This improvement is led by the progress in the country’s REIT framework attracting greater interest from institutional investors. India has also edged into the top 20 for Sustainability Transparency through the active role of organizations like the Indian Green Building Council and Green Rating for Integrated Habitat Assessment.
- United Kingdom (UK) has topped the list followed by United States , Australia.
- Emerging markets have once again shown the greatest advancement in the Index, with six Asia Pacific markets – Mainland China (32nd), Thailand (33rd), India (34th), Indonesia (40th), Philippines (44th) and Vietnam (56th) – among the top 10 biggest improvers globally. Mature markets such as Australia (3rd) and New Zealand (6th) have maintained their positions near the top of the global ranking.
|1||United Kingdom (UK)|
List of India’s Rank Different Index 2020
- World Happiness Index 2020-144th
- Economic Freedom Index 2020-120th
- International Intellectual Property (IP) Index-40th
- Child flourishing index rankings 2020-77th
- Global passport Index 2020-84th
- Global Press Freedom Index 2020-142
- IMD’s World Competitiveness Index 2020: 43rd
- Sustainable Development Goals Index 2020: 117th
Banking and Financial
♦Fino Payments Bank launches ‘Bhavishya’ savings account for minors
- Fino Payments Bank Limited on 7th July announced the launch of a savings account scheme for minors aged between 10-18 years.
- ‘Bhavishya’, a subscription-based savings account, can be opened by paying a nominal amount. The bank will initially introduce the Bhavishya savings account in UP, Bihar, and MP and gradually in other states.
♦Karur Vysya Bank partners with Star Health Insurance
- The Karur Vysya Bank (KVB) on 6th July announced it has entered into a tie-up with Star Health and Allied Insurance to provide health insurance products to its customers.
- By the agreement, all the health insurance products of Star Health & Allied Insurance will be made available through all 780 branches of the Tamil Nadu-based bank.
- they will provide both cost effective insurance products and quick settlement of claims to our customers, Bank said.
♦Sijo Kuruvilla George appointed to Centre’s committee on science and tech policy
- The founding CEO of Startup Village and founder of Re-think Foundation, Sijo Kuruvilla George, has been selected as member of Central Government’s Expert Committee on Science and Technology Policy.
- It was the Department of Science and Technology and Principal Scientific Advisor of the Union government that formulated the Science, Technology and Innovation Policy 2020 (STIP 2020). The expert committee team is tasked with updating the existing 2013 policy with a thrust to be given to scientific innovations.
- The Centre is also considering innovative policy changes in the area of entrepreneurship by including space, health, and atomic physics sectors.
♦Indian Coast Guard & Indonesia Coast Guard sign MoU to boost maritime relations
- Comprehensive strategic partnership between India and Indonesia, a MoU has been signed between the Indian Coast Guard and Indonesia Coast Guard.
- Aims: This will enhance collaborative and cooperative engagements in the domains of maritime law enforcement, maritime search and rescue and marine pollution response. This is likely to entail exchange of information towards combating transnational maritime crimes, facilitation of coordinated search and rescue operations at sea and conduct of capacity and capability building activities.
Note: About Indonesia
- Currency: Indonesian rupiah
- New Capital : Borneo island
- Old Capital: Jakarta
♦IOA adopts new identity on its 100-year milestone at Olympic Games
- The Indian Olympic Association (IOA) on 6th June adopted a new branding and visual identity, including an institutional and a commercial logo, to celebrate a century of participation of the country’s athletes at the Summer Olympics.
- The IOA said the decision to adopt a new identity was taken “on the occasion marking 100 years of participation of Indian athletes at the Olympic Games, the new identity celebrates a century of passionate work, and contribution of the athletes and officials from across the nation in building Team India.”
Note: About IOA
- Founded: 1927
- President: Dr. Narinder Dhruv Batra
- Secretary General: Rajeev Mehta
♦Amit Phangal ranked world no.1, Manju Rani secure second spot as per latest AIBA release
- The International Boxing Association (AIBA) has released the world rankings 2020 for women’s and men’s boxing.
- Amit Phangal has been ranked no.1 in the men’s 52kg weight category as per the latest rankings released by the Amateur Indian Boxing Association (AIBA).
- Manju Rani secured the second spot in the women’s 48kg category. Mary Kom was placed at the third spot in her 51kg category.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here