Daily GK Update, 8 June 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Andhra Pradesh to launch online waste management platform
- On World Environment Day, Andhra Pradesh will launch an online waste management platform to handle liquid waste, hazardous, and non-hazardous solid waste and air pollutants. The Andhra Pradesh Environment Management Corporation (APEMC), which will handle the platform, will henceforth be responsible for safe disposal of all industrial waste generated in the state.
- Chief Minister Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy will launch the platform.
Note: About Andhra Pradesh
- Governor: Biswabhusan Harichandan
- Chief minister: Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy
- Capitals: Visakhapatnam be made the executive capital and Kurnool judicial capital & Amaravati legislative capital.
♦Gairsain declared summer capital of Uttarakhand
- Gairsain in Chamoli district was declared as the summer capital of Uttarakhand on 8th June.
- A notification in this regard was issued by Chief Secretary Utpal Kumar Singh after Governor Baby Rani Maurya gaver her assent to the move. Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat’s announcement about Gairsain in the Vidhan Sabha and a major promise made by the party in its manifesto for the 2017.
Note: List of State have more than 1 state
- Total 5(4+1) States/UTs have two capitals. Three states and one UT- Himanchal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Maharashtra and J&K have summer and winter capitals and Andhra Pradesh 3 captials.
♦India, Denmark sign MoU for developing cooperation in power sector
- India and Denmark have signed an MoU for developing cooperation in the power sector.
- The MoU signed between the Ministry of Power and the Ministry for Energy, Utilities and Climate, Government of Denmark, is to develop a strong, deep and long-term co-operation between two countries in the power sector on the basis of equality, reciprocity and mutual benefit.
- It provides for collaboration in areas like offshore wind, long term energy planning, forecasting, flexibility in the grid, consolidation of grid codes to integrate and operate efficiently variable generation options, flexibility in the power purchase agreements and variability in renewable energy production.
Note: About Denmark
- Capital: Copenhagen
- Currency: Danish krone
Banking and Financial
♦NABARD provides Rs 270 crore to Assam Gramin Vikash Bank
- National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has made available a Special Liquidity Facility (SLF) of Rs 270 crore to Assam Gramin Vikash Bank for supporting the agricultural activities of the farmers.
- The Reserve Bank of India(RBI) has announced a Rs 50,000 crore refinance facility for 3 All-India Financial Institutions(AIFI) namely: NABARD, the Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI), and the National Housing Bank (NHB).
- From the total of Rs 50,000 crore NABARD received Rs 25,000 crore to refinance Regional Rural Banks(RRBs), co-operative(co-op) banks and Microfinance Institutions(MFIs) to ensure credit flow to farmers for agricultural operations during COVID-19 pandemic.
- NABARD disbursed Rs 12,767 crores to State(Co-op) Banks & Regional Rural Banks(RRBs) across the country.
- Sanctioned Rs 1,500 crores for Punjab, out of which Rs 1,000 crores is sanctioned to Punjab State Cooperative Bank and Rs 500 crores to Punjab Gramin Bank.
- Extended Rs 1,050 crores SLF to West Bengal so far in the current fiscal year (FY 21), of the total amount, Rs 300 crore disbursed for MFIs, Rs 700 crore sanctioned for state cooperative banks and Rs 50 crore for RRBs.
- Extended Rs 20,500 crores SLF to co-operative banks(Rs 15,200 crores) and Regional Rural Banks(Rs 5,300 crores) in various States.
Note: About NABARD
- Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Chairman– Govinda Rajulu Chintala
- Founded: 12 July 1982
♦Wipro partners with IBM to offer Cloud solutions
- Wipro has partnered with IBM to help customers embark on a hybrid cloud migration journey.
- Through this alliance, Wipro would develop hybrid cloud offerings to help businesses migrate, manage and transform mission-critical operations and applications across public or private cloud and on-premise IT environments.
- Customers will have remote access to IBM and Red Hat solutions, designed to help them scale their technology investments for improved experience and business agility with connected insights.
♦Gross direct tax mop up dips 4.92% to Rs 12.33 lakh crore in FY20
- The gross direct tax collection in 2019-20 fiscal dipped 4.92 per cent to Rs 12.33 lakh crore on account of reduction in corporate tax rate, increased standard deduction and personal I-T exemption limit, the Income Tax department said on 7th June.
- The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT), in a statement, said the fall in tax collection is on expected line and temporary in nature. The gross direct tax collection in 2018-19 fiscal stood at Rs 12,97,674 crore.
♦Krishnendu Majumdar becomes new chairman of BAFTA
- The British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) has confirmed Krishnendu Majumdar to be their first person of colour to Chairman the academy. Majumdar is also the youngest chair in BAFTA’s 73-years of history. The decision comes after the British Academy was criticised severely this year for its lack of representation during the BAFTA awards.
♦Javed Akhtar becomes only Indian to bag prestigious Richard Dawkins Award
- Veteran writer-lyricist Javed Akhtar said he is honoured to be named this year’s recipient of the Richard Dawkins Award as he has been a huge fan of the world-renowned English evolutionary biologist in whose name the recognition is bestowed.
- Akhtar became the first Indian to be given the honour for critical thinking, holding religious dogma up to scrutiny, advancing human progress and humanist values.
- Every year, the award recognises a distinguished individual from the field of science, scholarship, education, or entertainment, who publicly proclaims the values of secularism and rationalism and upholding scientific truth.
♦Russia’s Daniil Dubov wins chess Rapid Challenge in Armageddon
- In chess, the final of the Lindores Abbey Rapid Challenge went all the way to a tie-breaking Armageddon match from which Russian Daniil Dubov emerged as champion after beating Hikaru Nakamura of the United States.
- The 24-year-old Russian walked away with 45,000 U.S. dollars in prize money and a place at the table for the 300,000 U.S. dollars Magnus Carlsen Chess Tour Grand Final.
♦8th June: World Oceans Day
- June 8th is celebrated as World Oceans Day to remind everyone about the importance of oceans’ role in our everyday life.
- The United Nations day celebrates the role of the oceans in everyday life and inspires action to protect the ocean and sustainably use marine resources. This day holds great significance as we discuss various methods to save oceans for our future generation.
- Theme 2020: ‘Innovation for a Sustainable Ocean’.
Note: Revision June Important Day
- 1 June- World Milk Day & Global Day of Parents
- 2 June- International Sex Workers Day & Telangana Formation Day
- 3 June- World Bicycle Day
- 4 June- International Day of Innocent Children Victims of Aggression
- 5 June- World Environment Day
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here