Daily GK Update: 8 May 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦African swine fever detected in India for 1st time; 2,500 pigs die in Assam
- The first instance of African swine fever has been reported in the country in Assam where the disease has killed around 2,500 pigs across 306 villages, Animal Husbandry Minister Atul Bora said. READ MORE………….
♦MP becomes first state in country to provide mid-day meal ration
- Madhya Pradesh has become the first state in the country to provide mid-day meal ration. Additional Chief Secretary Panchayat and Rural Development Manoj Shrivastava informed that this information has been given in the review meeting conducted by the Central Government.
- The Central Government has also appreciated the successful efforts and innovation in the implementation of Mid-Day Meal Scheme in Madhya Pradesh.
Note: About MP
- Capital: Bhopal
- Chief minister: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
- Governor: Lalji Tandon
♦India for the 1st time has more internet users in rural areas than urban: IAMAI report
- Internet users in rural areas surpassed those in urban areas for the first time, according to the ‘Digital in India’ report by the Internet & Mobile Association of India (IAMAI). As of last November, there were 227 million active internet users in rural areas which is 10% more than around 205 million in urban areas. In total, India had 504 million active internet users.
- The report showed that in rural India, the number of people actively accessing the internet on a daily basis increased by 30 million since March last year.
♦Tripura govt launches online scholarship portal
- Tripura Chief Minister Biplab Kumar Deb on 6th May launched an online Scholarship portal. The portal scholarships.gov.in was launched under ‘Mukhyamantri Yuba Yogayog Yojana’ at the state secretariat.
- Aim: Under the Yojana, the state government will provide Rs. 5,000 to 14,608 youths who are in final year in colleges or Universities as a grant for Smart Phones.
Note: About Tripura
- Capital: Agartala
- Governor: Ramesh Bais
- Chief minister: Biplab Kumar Deb
♦Dr Harsh Vardhan launches ‘AYUSH Sanjivani’ App
- Dr Harsh Vardhan, Union Health & Family Welfare Minister launched the ‘AYUSH Sanjivani’ App and two AYUSH-based studies related to COVID-19 situation, in New Delhi, in the presence of Shripad Yesso Naik, MoS (I/c), AYUSH who participated through video Conferencing from Goa.
- About App: The ‘AYUSH Sanjivani ’ mobile app, which has been launched will help to generate data on acceptance and usage of AYUSH advocacies and measures among the population and its impact in prevention of COVID 19.
Note: List of Mobile APP to Combat Covid-19
- “Sandhan App: West Bengal
- “Covidcare App”: Arunachal Pradesh
- “Corona Watch App”: Karnataka
- “Arogya Setu App”: Govt. of India
- COVA Punjab App: Punjab
♦Rajnath Singh inaugurates Kailash mansarovar road link via video conference
- Union defence minister Rajnath Singh on 8th May inaugurated 75-km long Kailash Mansarovar road link in Uttarakhand’s Pithoragarh through video-conferencing.
- With this move, the Indian security post at Indo-China border in Vyans valley of Pithoragarh district is now connected with the rest of the country via a 54 km long road from Ghatibagar in Dharchula to Lipulekh near the border with China.
Banking and Financial
♦Nomura predicts Indian GDP for FY21 at -5.2%
- Nomura have lowered their GDP growth forecast for India to a negative 5 per cent / 5 per cent contraction y-o-y (from -0.5 per cent forecast earlier) for 2020, but raised it to 7.9 per cent (from 7.3 per cent forecast earlier) for 2021.
- Nomura has lowered India’s FY21 GDP growth forecast to -5.2% vs -0.4% earlier. “The revision reflects more extended lockdown and early evidence that the hit to growth during the April-June quarter is likely to be much more severe than we had earlier expected.
Note: India GDP projected F21
- World Bank:1.5% to 2.8%
- ADB– 4%
- UN- 4.8
- IMF- 1.9%
♦Moody’s pegs FY21 GDP growth at 0%
- Moody’s Investors Service on 8th May projected India’s growth at 0 per cent for the current fiscal and said the negative outlook on sovereign rating reflects increasing risks that GDP growth will remain significantly lower than in the past.
- The outlook also partly shows weaker policy effectiveness in addressing economic and institutional issues, it noted in the update to its November 2019 rating forecast.
♦Government of India & AIIB sign agreement for $500 million COVID-19 support for India
- The Government of India and the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) signed a US$ 500 million “COVID-19 Emergency Response and Health Systems Preparedness Project” here today to help India to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic and strengthen its public health preparedness. This is the first ever health sector support from the Bank to India.
- This new support will cover all States and Union Territories across India and address the needs of infected people, at-risk populations, medical and emergency personnel and service providers, medical and testing facilities, and national and animal health agencies.
♦UNEP extends Dia Mirza’s term as Goodwill Ambassador till 2022
- The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) on 7th May extended environmentalist and actor-producer Dia Mirza’s term as its National Goodwill Ambassador for another two years till the end of 2022.
- Dia Mirza, who is also a United Nations Sustainability Development Goals Advocate, said she views the extension as an opportunity to work towards championing nature.
Note: List of brand ambassador
- Anti-doping brand ambassador– Suniel Shetty
- PUMA brand ambassador– Sunil Chhetri
- Pepsi’s new brand ambassador– Salman Khan
- Ambassadors for ‘Bharat Ki Laxmi’-Deepika Padukone and shuttler PV Sindhu (by Prime Minister Narendra Modi)
- Mastercard -M. S Dhoni
♦8th May: World Red Cross Day
- World Red Cross Day is also known as Red Crescent Day. It is an annual celebration of their principles. The day is celebrated by the Red Cross society across all the countries. Read More………
♦8 May: World Thalassemia Day 2020
- To honour patients suffering from this disease, World Thalassemia Day is observed on 8 May. On this day, people also express gratitude to all scientists whose dedication and enduring efforts are making life better for Thalassemia patients.
- Theme 2020: ‘The dawning of a new era for thalassaemia: Time for a global effort to make novel therapies accessible and affordable to patients’.
List of important Day (May)
- May 18: World AIDS Vaccine Day & International Museum Day
- May 21: National Anti-Terrorism Day
- May 22: International Day for Biological Diversity
- May 24: Commonwealth Day
- May 31: Anti-tobacco Day
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here