Daily GK Update 8 Dec 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020 :
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦UP’s Dandupur railway station to be renamed as Maa Barahi Devi Dham
- The Dandupur railway station situated between Pratapgarh and Badshahpur on Lucknow-Varanasi rail section will now be named Maa Barahi Devi Dham.
- The Union government has given its consent after which Uttar Pradesh chief minister Yogi Adityanath gave his nod to the renaming of the railway station.
Note: List of Some Important Renamed Place
- Ministry of Shipping: Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways.
- Bhopal Metro Rail-Raja Bhoj
- Naya Raipur-Atal Nagar
- Hazratganj intersection-Atal Chowk
- Deoghar Airport (Jharkhand)-Atal Bihari Vajpayee Airport
- Agartala Airport- Maharaja Bir Bikram Airport
- Gwalior-Chambal Expressway -Atal Bihari Vajpayee Chambal Progressway
- Manduadih Station: ‘Banaras’ Station
- Hubli Railway Station: Siddharoodha Swamiji Railway Station
- Naugarh Railway Station: Siddharthnagar railway station
- Airport in Ayodhya : Maryada Purshottam Shriram Airport.
♦Maharashtra police acquired a software TRACE and Crawler for Operation Blackface
- The cyber wing of Maharashtra police has recently acquired a software called the “Crawler” from the INTERPOL that will help to track down child pornography. A core unit of 12 officers has been formed to implement a mission involving the software.
- These twelve officers went for training to the South Asian wing of INTERPOL. The unit has been named TRACE. TRACE is Tactical Response Against Cyber Child Exploitation.
- About Crawler software: The software acquired from INTERPOL uses various mechanism such as detecting nudity in images and to recognise the age of the person through their facial structures. It has an inbuilt algorithm that will look for keywords such as child pornography. The algorithm will then track the forums that indulge in these crimes using the keywords.
- About TRACE: The TRACE unit was set up as a part of a larger campaign against the Child Sexual Abuse Material (CSAM) across the country since 2019. The team recently trained around 270 policemen across Maharashtra in the use of this software to track these cases.
- Operation Blackface: It is a part of the actions taken by the Maharashtra State Police against Child Sexual Abuse Material. The operation is to use the Crawler software and to deploy the TRACE team.
Note: List of Important Operations (2019-20)
- ‘Operation My Saheli’: South Eastern Railway launches to enhance security of women passengers
- Operation Bandar-Balakot strike
- Operation Khumaar– J&k (drug free panchayat)
- Operation Milap-by Delhi police to rescue 333 children
- Operation Sankalp-Indian navy (in gulf of Oman and Persian gulf)
- Operation Smile-Hyderabad police for 325 children rescued.
- Operation Sudarshan -BSF (border security force) to secure 100m border from Pakistan
- Operation Sunrise-Between the armies of India & Mayanmar
- Operation Support-By India for people suffering from Idi Strom in Mozambique
- Operation Swift Retort-Pakistan strike after operation Bandar
- Operation Thirst-RPF To healthy drinking water
♦Gwalior, Orchha in UNESCO world heritage cities list
- The historical fort cities of Gwalior and Orchha in Madhya Pradesh have been included in the list of UNESCO’s world heritage cities under its urban landscape city programme.
- “After getting included in the heritage city list, the face of Gwalior and Orchha will totally change and UNESCO along with the state tourism department will make a master plan for the beautification of the two places.
Note: About UNESCO
- Headquarters: Paris, France
- Head: Audrey Azoulay
- Founded: 16 November 1945
♦Uttar Pradesh government launched a scheme for Tharu tribes
- The Uttar Pradesh government has recently launched a scheme to take the unique culture of the Tharu tribes all over the world. The intention of the scheme is to put these tribal villages on tourism map. This will create jobs and bring economic Independence to the tribal population in the region.
- The State Government of Uttar Pradesh is planning to connect the villages of the Tharu tribals located in the International border of Nepal. It is a Homestay scheme under which the Uttar Pradesh Forest Department will offer tourists an experience of living in the natural habitat of Tharu tribals. These huts are made of grass collected from the forest.
- About the Tharu tribals: They belong to the lowlands located in the Shivalik or the lower Himalayas. Most of these people are forest dwellers practicing agriculture. The word Tharu means Followers of Theravada Buddhism.
Banking & Financial
♦PNB launches loan management solution ‘LenS-The Lending Solution’
- Punjab National Bank (PNB) on 6th Dec launched a tech-based loan management solution called ‘LenS-The Lending Solution’, to speed up and maintain accuracy in online loan processing and sanctioning of credit proposals.
- Aims: The main purpose behind this is to standardise the system, process and appraisal formats for loan processing, speed up the process of credit sanctions, and auto-generate loan documents, among others.
Note: About PNB
- CEO: Mallikarjuna Rao
- Headquater: New Delhi
- Tagline: The Name you can Bank Upon
♦RTGS system to be available on 24×7 basis from December 14
- The Reserve Bank of India has announced that the Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS) system will be made available round the clock on all days of the year with effect from 00:30 hours on December 14, 2020.
- Presently RTGS system is available for customers between 7:00 AM and 6:00 PM. RTGS shall continue to be governed by the RTGS System Regulations, 2013.
Note: About NEFT & IMPS
- NEFT: NEFT works on a deferred settlement basis which means the transactions are carried out in batches. Earlier, NEFT transactions were available from 8:00 AM to 6:30 PM from Monday to Friday only. However, RBI has regularised that NEFT transactions will be available 24*7 on all days of the year, including holidays.
- IMPS: Available 365 days 24/7
♦ICICI Bank Launches ‘iMobile Pay’ App
- The ICICI Bank on 7th Dec launched the ‘iMobile Pay’ app which offers payments and banking services to customers of any bank. This launch marks the private lender bank’s entry to the ‘FinTech’ space.
- The mobile application offers a combination of facilities of a payment app — such as enabling customers to pay to any UPI (Unified Payments Interface) ID or merchants, paying bills and do online recharge among others — with instant banking services such as savings account, investments, loans, credit cards, gift cards, travel cards and much more.
Note: About ICICI
- CEO: Mr Sandeep Bakshi
- Headquater: Mumbai
- Tagline: Hum Hai Na, Khayal Apka
♦Fitch Revises India’s GDP Forecast -9.4% In FY 21
- Fitch Ratings on 8TH Dec raised India’s GDP forecast to -9.4 per cent in the current fiscal year to March 2021 from a previously projected contraction of 10.5 per cent due to a sharp economic rebound in the July-September quarter.
- For the global economy, it projected a less severe decline in GDP at -3.7 per cent in 2020 compared to -4.4 per cent in the September projection.
Note: India GDP projected F21
- NCAER- (-)12.6%
- India Ratings & Research-(-)11.8%
- World Bank: (-9.6%)
- ADB– (-)9%
- IMF- (-)10.3%
- OECD- (-)9.9%
- RBI- (-)7.5%
- SBI– (-)10%
♦Mondo Duplantis, Yulimar Rojas named the World Athletics Awards 2020
- World record-breakers Mondo Duplantis of Sweden and Yulimar Rojas of Venezuela have been named the male and female World Athletes of the Year respectively at the World Athletics Awards 2020, a ceremony held virtually this time due to the post novel coronavirus (COVID-19) protocols.
- About Mondo Duplantis: Armand “Mondo” Duplantis is an American-born Swedish pole vaulter and the current world record holder with a height of 6.18 metres. Duplantis won gold as a 15-year-old in the boys’ pole vault at the 2015 World Youth Championships and holds a number of age group world bests.
- About Yulimar Andrea Rojas Rodríguez: She is the Olympic silver medallist, two time World Champion and two time World Indoor Championship in Triple jump. Her personal best 15.43 meters, the indoor world record.
- Member Federations Award: Polish Athletics Association
- COVID Inspiration Award: Ultimate Garden Clash
- President’s Award: Tommie Smith, Peter Norman and John Carlos
- Coaching Achievement Award: Helena and Greg Duplantis
- Athletes Community Award: Athletics Clubs
- World Athletics Photograph of the Year: Michael Steele’s photograph of young children competing at the Discovery Cross Country Championships in Eldoret, Kenya
♦ICAR wins 2020 King Bhumibol World Soil Day Award
- The Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), has won the prestigious International King Bhumibol World Soil Day Award for 2020. The award was presented annually by the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO).
- The award was conferred to the ICAR on the occasion of World Soil Day, on December 5. ICAR India will officially receive the award by Her Royal Highness, Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn of Thailand, during an event in Bangkok in January 2021.
♦Raj Kamal Jha wins Rabindranath Tagore Literary Prize
Journalist-author, Raj Kamal Jha has won the 3rd Rabindranath Tagore Literary Prize for his novel, “The City and The Sea”. The winner of the $5,000 prize was announced online in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Novel which is based on the December 2012 Nirbhaya rape and murder case.
♦New Zealand all-rounder Corey Anderson retires from all forms of Cricket
- New Zealand all-rounder, Corey Anderson has announced his retirement from international cricket.
- Anderson has played 13 Tests, 49 ODIs and 31 T20Is for New Zealand, scoring 2277 runs with two hundred and 10 half-centuries and 90 wickets.
♦Sri Lanka to host Asia Cup in 2021
- Sri Lanka will host the Asia Cup in June 2021 while Pakistan has earned the rights to host the tournament in 2022.
- As per the original schedule, the tournament was supposed to be hosted by Pakistan in 2020, however, it got postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
♦Jehan Daruvala becomes first Indian to won F2 race
- Jehan Daruvala created history, as he became the first Indian to win a Formula 2 race at the 2020 Sakhir Grand Prix, Bahrain.
- This was the final race of the F2 season. The Formula 2 Championship is a second-tier single-seater racing championship. His Japanese teammate, Yuki Tsunoda came second while Britain’s Daniel Ticktum was in a third spot.
♦China becomes second nation after US to plant flag on the Moon
- The US planted the first flag on the Moon in 1969 during the manned Apollo 11 lunar mission. Later five more US flags were planted on the Moon during subsequent missions till 1972.
- More than 50 years later, China has become only the second country to achieve the feat.
- Pictures from the China National Space Administration (CNSA) show the five-starred Red Flag holding still on the windless lunar surface. China’s Chang’e-5 space probe’s camera took the images on 5th Dec before it left the Moon surface with rock samples.
♦Veteran Bengali actor Manu Mukherjee passes away
- Veteran Bengali actor Manu Mukherjee passed away. He started his film career with Mrinal Sen’s Nil Akasher Niche (1958).
- The actor is best remembered for his roles in Satyajit Ray’s Joy Baba Felunath and Ganashatru. He had also been part of children’s fantasy film Patalghar’.
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|