Daily GK Update 8 Oct 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current affairs)
♦INOX Oxygen Plant inaugurated in Uttar Pradesh
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath inaugurated on October 8, 2020 a new cryogenic oxygen plant that has been commissioned by INOX Air Products (INOX AP). This is the biggest plant in the state and will help to supply oxygens in hospitals.
- This is the ultra-high purity air separation plant. It has a capacity of 150 tonnes per days (TPD). It has been inaugurated in Ghaziabad”s Modinagar.
♦PM Modi launched the “Jan Andolan campaign” for COVID-19 Appropriate Behaviour
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched a campaign called Jan Andolan for COVID-19 Appropriate Behaviour on October 8, 2020. The campaign was launched through a tweet by him using a hashtag #Unite2FightCorona.
- The campaign has been launched with a key message for people to stay united to fight Corona. The campaign reminds people to wear a mask, to wash hands, to follow social distancing and to practice ‘Do Gaz Ki Doori’ to fight the situation.
Banking & Financial
♦ADIA to invest Rs 5,512 crore in Reliance Retail
- Reliance Industries said a wholly-owned subsidiary of Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (ADIA) will buy 1.2% in Reliance Retail Ventures (RRVL) for Rs 5,512.5 crore. The investment values Reliance Retail at a pre-money level of Rs 4.3 lakh crore.
- Reliance Retail has received Rs 37,710 crore from investors including US’ KKR & Co, private equity giant General Atlantic, technology investment firm Silver Lake, sovereign wealth fund Mubadala, GIC and TPG in the past few weeks.
List of Reliance Retail stake holder
- GIC– Rs 5,512.5 crore (1.22%)
- TPG- Rs 1,837.50 crore (0.41%)
- Mubadala Investment– Rs 6,247.5 crore (1.40%)
- Silver Lake Partners– Rs. 7500cr. (1.75%)
- US buyout firm KKR & Co – Rs 5,550 crore (1.28%)
- General Atlantic- Rs 3,675 crore (0.84%)
- Silver Lake co-investor-Rs 1,875 crore (0.38%)
♦API integration between PM SVANidhi, SBI portal launched
- The Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs will integrate the application programming interface (API) between SVANidhi portal and various banks to expedite loan sanctioning and disbursement process under Modi government’s PM SVANidhi scheme for nano entrepreneurs.
- To begin with, the ministry launched the API integration between the PM SVANidhi portal and SBI’s eMudra portal.
♦India’s GDP expected to contract by 9.6% this fiscal year: World Bank report
- The World Bank expects India’s economy to contract 9.6% FY21, steeper than 3.2% shrinkage projected earlier.
- India’s growth is projected to rebound to 5.4% in FY22, mostly reflecting base effects, assuming Covid19 -related restrictions are completely lifted by 2022.
Note: India GDP projected F21
- NCAER- (-)12.6%
- India Ratings & Research-(-)11.8%
- Fitch: (-) 10.5%
- S&P- (-) 9%
- Care Rating: (-)8%
♦Govt appoints J Venkatramu as MD, CEO of India Post Payments Bank
- A Cabinet panel on 7th October appointed J Venkatramu as managing director (MD) and chief executive officer (CEO) of India Post Payments Bank for three years.
- Venkatramu has over 22 years of work experience across banking services such as payments, mobile banking, retail banking products and has also managed digital financial services projects. He is currently chief digital officer at Equitas Small Finance Bank.
List of CEO Other Bank
- Bank of Baroda: Sanjiv Chadha
- Bank of India: Atanu Kumar Das
- Central Bank of India: Pallav Mahapatra
- Indian Bank: Padmaja Chunduru
- UCO Bank: Atul Kumar Goel
- Indian Overseas Bank (IOB): Partha Pratim Sengupta
♦Govt appoints M Rajeshwar Rao as new deputy governor of RBI
- The Centre on 7th October appointed M Rajeshwar Rao as the new deputy governor of the Reserve Bank of India. He is currently an executive director at the banking regulator.
- Rao succeed NS Vishwanathan as the fourth deputy governor. Rao is currently executive director at the RBI.
Note: About RBI
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governor: B.P. Kanungo
- Deputy Governor: Mahesh Kumar Jain
- Deputy Governor: M. D. Patra
♦American poet Louise Glück wins 2020 Nobel prize for literature
- The Nobel Prize for literature has been awarded to American poet Louise Glück “for her unmistakable poetic voice that with austere beauty makes individual existence universal.”
- The prize was announced 8th October in Stockholm by Mats Malm, the permanent secretary of the Swedish Academy.
Note: Nobel Prize in medicine 2020 Winners
- Harvey J Alter
- Michael Houghton and
- Charles M. Rice
Note: 2020 Nobel Prize in Physics Winners
- Roger Penrose
- Reinhard Genzel and
- Andrea Gheza
Nobel Prize in Chemistry Winners
- Emmanuelle Charpentier
- Jennifer A. Doudna
♦8 October- Air Force Day 2020
- The Indian Air Force (IAF) Day is celebrated every year on October 8, the IAF will proudly observe its 88th anniversary. On the occasion, a scintillating air display by various aircraft will be the hallmark of the Air Force Day Parade cum Investiture Ceremony at Air Force Station Hindan (Ghaziabad) near Delhi.
- Air Force Day is celebrated to mark the day the IAF was established in 1932.
Note: About Defence Related Day
- Indian Navy Day: 4 December
- Indian Army Day: 15 January
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account