Daily GK Update: 9 & 10 May 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Yogi Adityanath launches ‘Pravasi Raahat Mitra’ App for migrant workers
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath, on 8th May, launched the ‘Pravasi Rahat Mitra’ App .
- Aim: Aiding migrant citizens coming to Uttar Pradesh from other states so that they can take advantage of government schemes. The app will also help to monitor their health besides providing jobs and livelihood, related to their skills.
Note: List of Mobile APP to Combat Covid-19
- “Sandhan App: West Bengal
- MahaKavach’ App: Maharashtra Govt
- Test Yourself Goa App: Goa
- ‘GoK Direct’ App : Kerala
- “Naadi” App: Puducherry
- “Rakhsa Serva App”: Chhattisgarh
- “Self Declaration” App: Nagaland
♦Nitin Gadkari sets road construction target for next two years at Rs 15 lakh crore
- The government is planning to build highways worth Rs 15 lakh crore in the next two years, Union Minister Nitin Gadkari said on 7th
- The road transport, highways and MSME minister also said that the auto scrapping policy is likely to be finalised soon.
- In a video conference with the members of SIAM (Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers) Institute over impact of Covid-19 on the automobile sector, the minister suggested to focus on enhancing liquidity in business, as ups and downs are common.
♦480th Birth Anniversary of Maharana Pratap Singh I is celebrated on 9 May
- Maharana Pratap Jayanti is observed on May 9 every year to celebrate the birth of the 13th Rajput king of Mewar – Pratap Singh I. Pratap Singh I, who was popularly known as Maharana Pratap, was born to King Udai Singh II and Queen Jaiwanta Bai. In 1572, he ascended to the throne after the demise of his father.
♦India and Russia plan MoU on coking coal; boost crude oil trade
- India and Russia are in talks to expand their energy partnership by increasing crude oil imports from Russia and possibly signing a memorandum of understanding to import coking coal to meet requirements of Indian steel industry.
- These issues were discussed at a video meet between Dharmendra Pradhan, minister of petroleum and natural gas and Russian energy minister Alexander Novak on 7th May, people aware of the development.
- Capital: Moscow
- Currency: Russian Rouble
- President: Vladimir Putin
International (Current Affairs)
♦WHO, UN”s postal agency release commemorative stamp on 40th anniversary of smallpox eradication
- The WHO and the UN”s postal agency have released a commemorative postage stamp on the 40th anniversary of the eradication of smallpox, with the head of the global health body expressing gratitude to top Indian-origin UN official Atul Khare.
- In May 1980, the 33rd World Health Assembly issued its official declaration that “the world and all its peoples have won freedom from smallpox.”
- It was ended on the back of a 10-year WHO-spearheaded global effort that involved thousands of health workers around the world to administer half a billion vaccinations to stamp out smallpox.
- Note: “When WHO”s smallpox eradication campaign was launched in 1967, one of the ways countries raised awareness about smallpox was through postage stamps – when social media like Twitter and Facebook was not even on the horizon.
Banking and Financial
♦Nabard disburses ₹12,767 cr to State Co-op Banks, RRBs
- The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (Nabard), on 6th May, said it has disbursed ₹12,767 crore to State Co-operative Banks (StCBs) and Regional Rural Banks (RRBs) across the country to augment their resources for extending credit to farmers during the ongoing lockdown.
- There are 33 StCBs and 45 RRBs in the country, and they are important intermediaries in the rural credit structure.
Note: About Nabard
- Founded: 12 July 1982
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Chairperson: Harsh Kumar Bhanwala
♦Vista Equity Partners picks 2.32% stake in Jio Platforms for Rs 11,367 cr
- Private equity firm Vista Equity Partners will invest Rs11,367 crore in Jio Platforms for a 2.32% stake, the third deal after Facebook and Silver Lake’s share acquisition plans over the last two weeks.
- “This investment values Jio Platforms at an equity value of Rs 4.91 lakh crore and an enterprise value of Rs 5.16 lakh crore.
- Facebook on April 22 it would invest $7 billion in Jio Platforms for a 9.99% stake.
- Silver Lake said it will invest Rs 5,655.75 crore ($747 million) in Jio Platforms for a 1.15% stake.
Appointment and Resign
♦Wipro CEO Abidali Neemuchwala to step down
- Tech giant Wipro Limited has announced that Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director Abidali Z Neemuchwala has decided to step down due to family commitments.
- The company’s board of directors has initiated a search to identify the next CEO. Abidali will continue to hold the office until a successor is appointed for a smooth transition and to ensure that business continues as usual.
♦Defence Ministry signs contract with Tata Power SED for infra modernisation at 37 airfields
- The Defence Ministry signed a contract with Tata Power SED on Friday for modernisation of infrastructure at 37 airfields of the Indian Air Force, Coast Guard and the Navy at a cost of around Rs 1,200 crore.
- This is the phase two of the Modernisation of Airfield Infrastructure (MAFI) programme, the ministry said, adding that airfields of the Indian Air Force were upgraded in the first phase.
♦Narinder Batra’s term as FIH President extended to May 2021
- Narinder Batra will remain President of the International Hockey Federation (FIH) until May 2021. The FIH said in a statement on 8th May while announcing the postponement of the 47th FIH Congress that the terms of Batra and the Executive Board members which were due to end in October 2020 have now been extended to May 2021.
♦Kumar Sangakkara becomes first non-British MCC president
- Former Sri Lanka captain Kumar Sangakkara is set to serve his second term as the president of Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC). He became the first non-British President of the club when he assumed office on October 1 last year. Sangakkara is all set to enter an elite list of people who have served multiple terms.
♦9th May: World Migratory Bird Day 2020
- World Migratory Bird Day observed on May 9 every year is celebrated to raise awareness about conservation and ecological importance of such birds in the global ecosystem.
- Theme 2020: “Birds Connect Our World”
List of important Day (May)
- May 1: Workers’ Day (International Labour Day), Maharashtra Day
- May 3: World Press Freedom Day
- May (1st Sunday): World Laughter Day
- May (1st Tuesday): World Asthma Day
- May 4: Coal Miners’ Day & International Firefighters Day
- May 7: World Athletics Day
- May 8: World Red Cross Day & World Thalassaemia Day
♦Mother’s Day 2020: Second Sunday of May
- Mother’s Day is celebrated on the second Sunday of May every year. Mother is the first friend, teacher and the guide of a child and therefore it is important to celebrate Mother’s Day to acknowledge everything she does assiduously for you.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here