Table of Contents
Daily GK Update: 9 April 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020, UPSC and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Odisha becomes first state to extend lockdown to April 30
- Odisha, the state that took the lead in announcing a lockdown to combat the Covid-19 pandemic, has also become the first to extend it till April 30.
- Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik announced the decision to defer the lockdown given the gravity of the situation, after chairing an exigent Cabinet meeting.
Note: About Odisha
- Capital: Bhubaneswar
- Governor: Ganeshi Lal
- Chief minister: Naveen Patnaik
- Population: 4.6 crores (2018)
International (Current Affairs)
♦World faces ‘worst economic fallout since Great Depression’, says IMF’s Kristalina Georgieva
- The global coronavirus pandemic is causing an economic crisis unlike any in the past century and will require a massive response to ensure recovery, IMF chief Kristalina Georgieva said on 8th April.
- She warned that “global growth will turn sharply negative in 2020,” with 170 of the International Monetary Fund’s 180 members experiencing a decline in per capita income.
Note: About IMF
- Headquarters location: Washington, D.C., United States
- Member-189 countries
- Formation: 27 December 1945
♦Jeff Bezos tops Forbes billionaires list
- In COVID-19 times, Amazon Founder and CEO Jeff Bezos has maintained his top slot as worlds richest man with a net worth of $113 billion, followed by Bill Gates at $98 billion, according to the latest Forbes 34th annual worlds billionaires list.
- Bernard Arnault, Chairman and CEO of luxury magnate LVMH (LVMHF), moved up the list as the third-wealthiest person with $76 billion fortune. At $67.5 billion, Warren Buffett”s fortune landed at fourth place.
- Oracle Founder and CTO Larry Ellison is at fifth position with a net worth of $59 billion. Mukesh Ambani is 17th position with 44.8 billion.
|1st||Jeff Bezos (Amazon Founder and CEO, net worth of $113 billion)|
|2nd||Bill Gates at $98 billion|
|3rd||Bernard Arnault, Chairman and CEO of luxury magnate LVMH (LVMHF) with $76 billion|
|4th||Warren Buffett”s, $67.5 billion|
|5th||Oracle Founder and CTO Larry Ellison, net worth of $59 billion.|
♦SAARC Development Fund allocates $5 million for Covid-19 projects
- The South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) Development Fund (SDF) has allocated $5 million for Covid-19 related projects in its member states.
- “The objective of the US$ 5 million allocation is to provide fund support to the Member States in their efforts and to protect the people of the SAARC Member States by mitigating the financial losses and severe socio-economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Banking and Financial
♦Hitachi gets CCI nod to buy 80.1% stake in ABB’s power grid arm
- The Competition Commission of India (CCI) has approved acquisition of 80.1% stake by Hitachi in the power grid business of Swiss power major ABB Limited.
- Hitachi and ABB had signed the acquisition agreement in year 2018.
- The acquisition is expected to close in the first half of 2020, Hitachi had stated earlier.
- “The acquisition will help Hitachi to strengthen its energy solutions globally by combining ABB’s power grids products, systems, software and service solutions with its digital technology.
♦JSW Energy inks pact to acquire 100% stake in GMR Kamalanga
- JSW Energy Ltd has signed a share-purchase agreement with GMR Energy Ltd to acquire 100% stake in the latter’s subsidiary GMR Kamalanga Energy Ltd, which owns and operates a 1,050 MW thermal power plant in Odisha, JSW Energy informed the stock exchanges.
- The transaction, the discussions of which had started in October, is valued at ₹5,321 crore, subject to working capital and other adjustments, and is expected to be completed in three months.
♦Bharti AXA Life Insurance appoints Parag Raja as MD & CEO
- Bharti AXA Life Insurance, a private life insurer, has a new Managing Director and CEO in Parag Raja. Prior to this appointment, Raja was the Chief Distribution Officer at Aditya Birla Sun Life Insurance (ABSLI).
♦Ben Stokes named leading cricketer in the world
- Ben Stokes has ended Virat Kohli’s three-year reign as Wisden’s leading cricketer in the world after playing a starring role in England’s World Cup win last year. Australia’s Ellyse Perry reclaimed the leading women’s cricketer in the world title from Smriti Mandhana.
- The 2020 Wisden Cricketers’ Almanack, to be published on Thursday, crowns the swashbuckling all-rounder as the sport’s pre-eminent player. He is the first England player to receive the honour since Andrew Flintoff in 2005. Stokes in January had won the ICC player of the year award.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern
Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here