Daily GK Update 9th February 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Four more states complete ease of doing business reforms
- Four more states — Assam, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, and Punjab have undertaken “Ease of Doing Business” reforms stipulated by the finance ministry. With this, these states have become eligible to mobilise additional financial resources and have been granted permission to raise additional Rs 5,034 crore through Open Market Borrowings.
- The total number of state that have undertaken the stipulated reforms to facilitate ease of doing business has gone up to 12.
- Earlier, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu and Telangana have also reported completion of this reform, which was confirmed by the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT).
♦Uttarakhand glacier burst
- The glacier burst took place at the Rishiganga power project after a portion of Nanda Devi glacier broke off in Tapovan area of Joshimath in Uttarakhand’s Chamoli district on 7th February morning and damaged the Rishiganga dam on Alaknanda river.
- National Thermal Power Corporation’s (NTPC) Tapovan Vishnugad project on Dhauliganga river and Rishi Ganga Power Corporation Ltd’s project, with a planned capacity of 520 MW and 13.2 MW, respectively, have been nearly washed away.
♦Govt. Rs. 1050 crore budget has been allocated Sub Mission on Agricultural Mechanization Scheme
- In the Union Budget 2021, Rs. 1050 crore budget has been allocated for Sub Mission on Agricultural Mechanization (SMAM) for the financial year 2021-2022.
- About Scheme: The SMAM scheme was launched in the year 2014-15. The scheme was launched by the government of India with the aim of ‘reaching the unreached’. The scheme seeks to reach to the unreached by making the farm machines accessible and affordable for the small and marginal farmers (SMFs).
- Benefit: The Agricultural mechanization is crucial for the agriculture sector because this helps in improving the efficiency and effectivity of the inputs that are used in the crop production. It also helps in increasing the productivity of crops. Thus, this scheme was launched with the objective of increasing the efficiency, effectivity and productivity of the crops.
♦ICAR, BEE ink MoU to create awareness for energy efficient pumpsets & operational practices
- An MoU was signed between Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) and Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE), Ministry of Power, to create awareness for energy-efficient pump sets and operational practices so as to adopt energy and resource-efficient approaches.
- Improving fuel efficiency and water resource use efficiency thereby reducing the cost of cultivation so as to increase farmers’ income in harmony with strategies of “Per drop more crop” and “Doubling Farmers’ income”.
International (Current Affairs)
♦India and EU hold high-level dialogue
- The first India-European Union High-Level Dialogue was co-chaired by the Minister of Commerce and Industry, Piyush Goyal from India side and the European Union Executive Vice-President & Trade Commissioner Mr Valdis Dombrovskis, from the EU side.
- This Dialogue was organised in line with the commitment made at the 15th India-EU Leader’s Summit held in July 2020.
- They also agreed to meet within the next three months, to reach consensus on a host of bilateral trade & investment cooperation issues like bilateral Regulatory Dialogue; an India-EU Multilateral Dialogue to explore further possibilities of cooperation.
Note: About EU
- Headquarters: Brussels, Belgium.
- Founded: 1 November 1993.
- President: David-Maria Sassoli.
♦World Sustainable Development Summit 2021
- The Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi, will inaugurate the World Sustainable Development Summit 2021 on 10th of February through video conferencing. It will be held in between 10th to 12th February 2021. This summit is organised by the Energy and Resources Institute’s (TERI).
- The summit will be organised with the aim to bring together a wide number of governments, academicians, business leaders, climate scientists, civil society and youth to fight against climate change.
- The World sustainable development summit will be organised under the theme– ‘Redefining Our Common Future: Safe and Secure Environment for All’.
♦India, Afghanistan sign MoU for construction of Lalandar [Shatoot] Dam
- A signing ceremony of the Memorandum of Understanding for the construction of the Lalandar [Shatoot] Dam in Afghanistan. The project is a part of the New Development Partnership between India and Afghanistan.
- The Lalander Dam would meet the safe drinking water needs of Kabul City, provide irrigation water to nearby areas, rehabilitate the existing irrigation and drainage network, aid in flood protection and management efforts in the area, and also provide electricity to the region.
- This is the second major dam being built by India in Afghanistan, after the India- Afghanistan Friendship Dam , which was inaugurated by the Prime Minister and the President in June 2016.
Note: About Afghanistan
- Capital: Kabul
- President: Ashraf Ghani
- Currency: Afghan afghani
Banking & Financial
♦RBI to conduct OMO of ₹20,000 Crores
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) have announced that it will purchase four government securities (G-Secs) that amounts to ₹20,000 crore. The central bank will purchase it on February 10, 2021 under the open market operations (OMOs).
- This move was announced in aftermath of the yields that was moving up to touch the intra-day high of 6.1634 per cent recently. The RBI was concerned about the higher government borrowing.
- After the announcement of the OMO purchase was made, yield on the benchmark 10-year G-Sec slowed down by 3-4 basis points. It now carries a coupon rate of 5.77 per cent as opposed to its previous closing yield of 6.1283 per cent
♦Google Cloud appoints Bikram Singh Bedi as MD for India
- Google Cloud has appointed Bikram Singh Bedi as the new Managing Director for its India Business. He will succeed Karan Bajwa, who has been elevated as Vice president for the Asia Pacific (APAC) region cloud operations at Google Cloud.
- At Google, Bikram Bedi will be responsible for leading Google Cloud’s sales and operations teams in this dynamic market.
Note: About Google Cloud
- CEO: Sundar Pichai
- Headquarters: California, United States.
Book & Author
♦’By Many a Happy Accident: Recollections Of A Life’ Book by Hamid Ansari
- By Many a Happy Accident is an account of a life of unplanned happenings that took M. Hamid Ansari away from his preferred fancy for academia to professional diplomacy and then be co-opted in public life and catapulted to the second highest office in the land for two consecutive terms.
- Their overarching theme was the need for modern India to re-commit itself to the constitutional principles of justice, liberty, equality and fraternity, to the values of a composite culture, and for correctives in polity relating to identity, security and empowerment of the weaker segments of our society.
♦Actor Rajiv Kapoor passes away
- Bollywood actor and Raj Kapoor’s son Rajiv Kapoor passed away on Tuesday in Mumbai. He was 58.
- Rajiv Kapoor, who made his debut in Bollywood with the 1983 film Ek Jaan Hain Hum, was best known for the 1985 blockbuster Ram Teri Ganga Maili. He was last seen in Zimmedaar. He also acted in films like Mera Saathi and Hum To Chale Pardes , among others.
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|