Daily GK Update, 9 July 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦AIR to broadcast its first-ever ‘News Magazine’ programme in Sanskrit
- The All India Radio (AIR) will broadcast its first- ever ‘News Magazine’ programme in Sanskrit on 4th July which will have news from the world of Sanskrit and prominent developments of the week.
- The programme titled, ‘Sanskrit Saptahiki’, will air from Saturday onwards and will be of 20 minutes duration. It can be heard on All India Radio FM News Channel (100.1 MHz frequency) every Saturday with a repeat broadcast on 5th July.
♦Odisha becomes First State in India to Use Space Technology & Artificial Intelligence for Safeguarding Government Lands
- Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on July 8 launched Bhubaneshwar Land Use Intelligence System (BLUIS) to monitor changes in all the government lands in Bhubaneshwar.
- The web and a mobile-based solution is the flagship development of the Public Grievances Department and General Administration and will help the state government in monitoring changes in government property by leveraging high-resolution satellite imagery.
- Odisha has become the first state in the country to tap artificial intelligence (AI) and space technology for safeguarding the government land.
Note: About Odisha
- Capital: Bhubaneswar
- Governor: Ganeshi Lal
- Chief minister: Naveen Patnaik
International (Current Affairs)
♦Maldives, Sri Lanka eliminate measles and rubella, ahead of 2023 target: WHO
- Sri Lanka and Maldives have become the first two countries in the World Health Organisation’s South-East Asia region to eliminate both measles and rubella ahead of a 2023 target, the UN health agency announced 8th July.
- “This success is encouraging and demonstrates the importance of joint efforts in combating diseases as the world grapples with the coronavirus,” WHO South-East Asia regional director Poonam Khetrapal Singh.
- Maldives reported its last endemic case of measles in 2009 and rubella in October 2015, while Sri Lanka reported its last endemic case of measles in May 2016 and rubella in March 2017.
Note: About WHO
- Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
- Founded: 7 April 1948
- Chief: Tedros Adhanom
Banking and Financial
♦UltraTech’s Subsidiary To Sell Entire Stake In Chinese Cement Firm For $129 Million
- Krishna Holdings, a subsidiary of UltraTech Nathdwara Cement, will sell its entire 92.5 per cent stake in China’s Shandong Binani Rongan Cement for around $129 million. UltraTech Nathdwara Cement is a subsidiary of the UltraTech Cement.
♦Cabinet approves capital infusion of Rs 12,450 crore in 3 state-run insurance companies
- The Union Cabinet on 8th July approved capital infusion of Rs 12,450 crore for three public sector general insurance companies namely Oriental Insurance Company Ltd, National Insurance Company Ltd & United India Insurance Company Ltd (including Rs 25,00 crore infused in FY 2019-20).
- Out of the total infusion, Rs3,475 crore will be released immediately; while the balance Rs 6475 crore will be infused later. Cabinet also approved an increase in the authorised share capital of NICL to Rs 7,500 crore and that of UIICL and OlCL to Rs 5,000 crore respectively to give effect to the capital infusion. The government is reportedly also planning a merger and listing of these companies. However, the process of merger has been ceased so far in view of the current scenario and instead, the focus shall be on their profitable growth.
♦Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between CBDT and SEBI signed
- A formal Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed on 8th July between the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) and the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) for data exchange between the two organizations.
- The MoU will facilitate the sharing of data and information between SEBI and CBDT on an automatic and regular basis. A Data Exchange Steering Group has also been constituted for the initiative, which will meet periodically to review the data exchange status and take steps to further improve the effectiveness of the data sharing mechanism.
♦Luxury Ride Signs Singer Sukhbir Singh as its Brand Ambassador
- Luxury Ride signs Sukhbir Singh as brand ambassador. Luxury Ride, the chain of pre-owned, multi-brand luxury car showrooms, has signed singer Sukhbir Singh as its brand ambassador.
Note: List of some Important brand ambassador
- Anti-doping brand ambassador– Suniel Shetty
- PUMA brand ambassador- Sunil Chhetri, Kareen Kapoor khan
- Pepsi’s brand ambassador- Salman Khan
- Mastercard –M. S Dhoni
- New Ambassador for World Wildlife Fund (WWF)-Viswanathan Anand
- JSW Cement: Sourav Ganguly & Sunil Chhetri
♦Indian Navy Completes “Operation Samudra Setu”
- Operation Samudra Setu, which was launched on 05 May 2020 as part of the national effort to repatriate Indian citizens from overseas during the COVID-19 pandemic has culminated after successfully bringing 3,992 Indian citizens back to their homeland by sea. Indian Naval Ships Jalashwa (Landing Platform Dock), and Airavat, Shardul and Magar (Landing Ship Tanks) participated in this operation which lasted over 55 days and involved traversing more then 23,000 kilometers by sea.
- Indian Navy has previously undertaken similar evacuation operations as part of Operation Sukoon in 2006 (Beirut) and Operation Rahat in 2015 (Yemen).
Book and Author
♦A Book Titled ‘Mahaveer:The Soldier Who Never Died’ Authored by A.K. Srikumar & Rupa Srikumar
- The book, titled ‘Mahaveer: The Soldier who never died’ is authored by award winning author K. Srikumar and his wife, Rupa Srikumar. The book is a patriotic story about the
- Courage and selfless love of Jaswant Singh Rawat who is one of the legendary Garhwali soldiers fought in Indo-Chinese battle of Nuranang in 1962 . The book is published by Rupa Publications and represented by The Book Bakers.
♦Kannada actor Susheel Gowda dies by suicide
- Actor and fitness trainer Susheel Gowda has died by suicide in his hometown Mandya in Karnataka.
- “Susheel Gowda took his own life in his house located in Induvalu, Mandya. His mortal remains have been handed over to the family after post-mortem. An investigation is now underway,” K Parashuram, Mandya Superintendent of Police.
♦Veteran bollywood actor Jagdeep passes away
- Veteran Actor-comedian Jagdeep, best known for his role as Soorma Bhopali in “Sholay”, died on 8th July at his residence. He was 81. The actor, real name Syed Ishtiaq Ahmed Jafri, was not keeping well. “He passed away at his residence in Bandra.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here