Daily GK Update, 9 June 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Union Minister Jitendra Singh launches ‘COVID BEEP’ app for COVID-affected patients
- Union Minister Jitendra Singh on June 7, launched the ‘COVID BEEP’ app, the country’s first indigenous wireless physiological parameters monitoring system facilitated for COVID-19 affected patients.
- During the launch of ‘COVID BEEP’, developed by Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) medical college, Hyderabad in collaboration with Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Hyderabad and the Department of Atomic Energy, the Union Minister stressed on the importance of prevention and awareness in tackling with the global pandemic effectively as the nation has already entered the process of unlock in a phased manner after a lockdown that has been into force for over two months.
- COVID BEEP would emerge as an effective antidote to the pandemic which the entire world is currently grappling with.”
Note: List of Mobile APP to Combat Covid-19
- “Sandhan App: West Bengal
- “Covidcare App”: Arunachal Pradesh
- “Corona Watch App”: Karnataka
- “Arogya Setu App”: Govt. of India
- COVA Punjab App: Punjab
- MahaKavach’ App: Maharashtra Govt
- Test Yourself Goa App: Goa
- ‘GoK Direct’ App : Kerala
- “Naadi” App: Puducherry
- “Rakhsa Serva App”: Chhattisgarh
- “Self Declaration” App: Nagaland
♦Plantation drive named “Thank Mom” started in Madhya Pradesh
- In Madhya Pradesh, a plantation drive named “Thank Mom” has been started on the premises of Social Justice and Disabled Welfare Directorate from today on World Environment Day.
- Commissioner Renu Tiwari informed that all the plants which are planted during this period are being fitted with a plaque in the name of the mother of each employee.
- The employees will take care of the plant just like her mother. Plants of Neem, Guava, Mango, Moonlight, Parijat and Tulsi were planted in the premises. Online and offline programs were organized in all the districts on the theme of ‘Time for Nature’, focused on conservation of biodiversity across the state.
Note: About MP
- Capital: Bhopal
- Chief minister: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
- Governor: Lalji Tandon
♦”Bande Utkala Janani” gets state anthem status in Odisha
- The Odisha Cabinet on 7th June approved a proposal to give state anthem status to ”Bande Utkala Janani”.
- Parliamentary Affairs Minister Bikram Keshari Arukh said that the Cabinet headed by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik accorded state anthem status to ”Bande Utkala Janani”.
- This patriotic poem was written by Kantakabi Laxmikanta Mohapatra in 1912. It was the opening song of Utkal Sammilani during the fight for the formation of a separate province.
Note: About Odisha
- Capital: Bhubaneswar
- Governor: Ganeshi Lal
- Chief minister: Naveen Patnaik
♦Gujarat top in FSSAI food safety index for 2019-20
- In the Largest States, Gujarat has topped, following by Tamil Nadu and Maharashtra food safety in 2019-20, Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) said on 7th June.
- Among the smaller states, Goa came first followed by Manipur and Meghalaya.
- Among UT Chandhigarh, Delhi and Andaman Island secured top three rank.
- The index ranks states on five parameters of food safety: human resources and institutional data, compliance, food testing facility, training and capacity building besides consumer empowerment. This is the second index on food safety, which FSSAI released on the occasion of World Food Safety Day.
♦Madhya Pradesh launched “Mukhyamantri Shahri Path Vyavasayi Utthan Yojana” for Street Vendors
- Shivraj Singh Chouhan, Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh launched Street Vendor Registration Portal http://www.mpurban.gov.in/and “Mukhyamantri Shahri Path Vyavasayi Utthan Yojana” and transferred Rs 300 crore to the urban local bodies.
- The urban businessman of the state will gain benefits through the Pradhan Mantri Path Vikreta Aatmanirbhar Nidhi Karyakram and Shehri Path Vyavasayi Utthan Yojana started by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi which will provide Rs. 10,000 as a working capital to the small businessmen and vendors.
- The new MP Shahri Path Vyavasayi Utthan Yojana is an extension of the PM Street Vendor Atmanirbhar Nidhi (PM SVANidhi) Scheme in the Madhya Pradesh state.
Ranking and Index
♦India ranks 168th on Environmental Performance Index 2020, Denmark top
- India has ranked 168th out of 180 countries in the 2020 Environmental Performance Index (EPI), according to researchers at Yale and Columbia universities, who say India’s decarbonization agenda needs to accelerate, and the country faces a number of serious environmental health risks, including poor air quality.
- In the 2020 EPI – a biennial scorecard of national results on a range of sustainability issues – Denmark has ranked first in the world, followed by Luxembourg, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, France, Austria, Finland, Sweden, Norway and Germany in the top 10 countries.
- While Japan has ranked 12th, the United States of America ranks 24th, and China stands at 120th.
List of India’s Rank Different Index 2020
- World Happiness Index 2020-144th
- Economic Freedom Index 2020-120th
- International Intellectual Property (IP) Index-40th
- Child flourishing index rankings 2020-77th
- Global passport Index 2020-84th
- Environmental Performance Index 2020: 168th
- Global Press Freedom Index 2020-142
International (Current Affairs)
♦Tropical Storm Cristobal Hits Louisiana, Mississippi Coasts
- Tropical Storm Cristobal has reached the southeastern United States, bringing heavy rains and sustained winds of up to 50 mph.
- Storm surge warnings have been issued for the southeast coast of Louisiana as well as the Mississippi coast for 7th June.
- Cristobal is the third named storm of the Atlantic hurricane season. If the storm maintains its current track, Mississippi could be the state hardest hit, according to Gavin Phillips, a forecaster with the National Weather Service New Orleans.
List of Cyclone/ Typhoon (Recently 2019-20)
- Tropical storm Amanda: El Salvador & Guatemala
- Cyclone Nisarga: Maharashtra, Gujarat
- Cyclone Amphan: West Bengal and Odisha
- Cyclone Maha: The Cyclone Maha in the Arabian Sea has crossed Lakshadweep.
- Cyclonic storm ‘Bulbul’: Bangladesh and West Bengal
- Cyclone Kyaar: South Gujarat, Saurashtra (cyclonic storm “Kyaar” hovering over the Arabian Sea.)
- Cyclone Tino: Fiji
- Cyclone Sarai: Fiji
- Typhoon Kammuri: Philippines
- Typhoon Phanfone: Philippines
- Typhoon Faxai: Tokyo, Japan
- Typhoon hagibis: Japan
Banking and Financial
♦Global economy will contract by 5.2% in 2020: World Bank
- The global economy is on track to shrink by 5.2 % this year amid the COVID-19 pandemic, the deepest recession since the Second World War, the World Bank Group said in its latest Global Economic Prospects.
♦India’s economy to contract by 3.2% (means -3.2%) in fiscal year 2020-21: World Bank
- The World Bank expects India’s economy to contract 3.2% in the current fiscal year (2020-21), a sharp downgrade from its April projection of 1.5%-2.8% growth, citing stringent lockdown and spill overs from weaker global growth.
Note: India GDP projected F21
- ADB– 4%
- UN- 1.2%
- IMF- 1.9%
- SBI– (-)6.8%
- CIRIS: (-) 5%
- Fitch: (-) 5%
- S&P- (-) 5%
♦Anil Valluri joins Google Cloud India as Senior Director
- Google is bringing a change in its Google Cloud managerial division. It has appointed Anil Valluri as the Senior Director for Google Cloud India. Valluri has over 30 years of experience in sales and marketing in the hi-tech industry.
- He has also headed several technology transitions in India for customers across banking, telecommunications, public sector and manufacturing. Before joining Google Cloud, Valluri was the President of India & SAARC operations at NetApp.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here