Daily GK Update 9 March 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
♦India’s first forest healing centre inaugurated in Uttrakand’s Ranikhet
- The First Forest Healing centre of the country was inaugurated at Ranikhet in Kalika Uttarakhand. It has been found in various researches that these compounds help to multiply natural killer (NK) cells in our blood, which help in fighting infections and cancerous growth and enhance overall immunity.
- The forest healing centre has been developed by the Research Wing of Uttarakhand Forest Department after research on the healing properties of the forests and its revitalizing impact on overall health and well being.
International (Current Affairs)
♦Economic Freedom Index 2021: Singapore ranks First, India 26th in Asia-Pacific
- The Heritage Foundation, a US Conservative think-tank, recently launched the “Economic Freedom Index”. In the index, Singapore has topped the global ranking for the second consecutive year. The index was prepared by covering 184 countries this time for the period of July 2019 to June 2020.
- India has obtained a score of 56.5 this year which is ranked at the middle among Asia-Pacific countries that is 26th out of 40 Asia-Pacific countries.
- Rank 1: Singapore
- Rank 2: New Zealand
- Rank 3: Australia
- Rank 4: Switzerland
- Rank 5: Ireland
♦ India ranks 71 in UNCTAD B2C E-commerce Index 2020, Switzerland tops
The index measures an economy’s preparedness to support online shopping where B2C stands for Business to Consumer. UNCTAD is an acronym for United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- Rank 71-India
- Rank 1-Switzerland
- Rank 2-Netherlands
- Rank 3-Denmark
List of India’s Rank Different Index 2020
- Human Capital Index 2020: 116th
- World risk index 2020: 89th
- Global Hunger Index 2020: 94th
- Human Development Index 2020: 131st
- Human Freedom Index 2020: 111th
- Corruption Perception Index 2020: 86th
- World Happiness Index 2020-144th
Banking & Financial
♦HDFC Bank launches SmartUp Unnati programme
- The HDFC Bank has launched the “SmartUp Unnati mentoring Programme”. This programme was launched to provide its support to the women entrepreneurs. This programme was launched on the occasion of International Women’s Day.
- This programme will provide women the access to mentorship and help them in expanding their visions. It will also enable them to scale up their businesses by widening their visions. This, it will encourage the women entrepreneurs to face the challenges which are unique to them.
Note: About HDFC
- CEO: Sashidhar Jagdishan
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founder: Hasmukhbhai Parekh
- Founded: August 1994, India
- Tagline: We understand your world.
♦OECD interim economic outlook pegs India’s GDP growth at 12.6% in FY22
- Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) interim economic outlook has pegged India’s gross domestic product (GDP) growth to rebound to 12.6% in FY22, which will be the fastest in the world, followed by China at 7.8% growth.
- India’s GDP is expected to grow at 5.4% in the following financial year, owing to faster rebound of several large emerging-market economies.
Note: India GDP projected F22 (2021-2022)
- Word Bank-5.4%
- Nomura –13.5%
- India Ratings and Research (Ind-Ra)- 10.4%
- S&P Global Ratings-10%
- HSBC: 11.2%
♦Indian economy to grow at 11% in FY’22: Crisil
- India’s GDP growth is expected to rebound to 11% in FY’22 as people learn to live with the new normal, flattening of the Covid-19 affliction curve, rollout of vaccinations, and investment-focused government spending converge, according to ratings firm Crisil.
- But recovery won’t be easy, with scars of the pandemic deep for small businesses and the urban poor.
Appointment & Resign
♦Uttarakhand CM Trivendra Singh Rawat submits resignation to governor
- Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat on 9th March announced his resignation to governor Baby Rani Maurya. The move comes amid speculations in the state political circles about an imminent change of guard.
- In 2017, Rawat was made Chief Minister after BJP won in Uttarakhand.
♦Wrestler Bajrang Punia won gold medal at Matteo Pellicone Ranking Series regains Top Position
- Indian wrestler, Bajrang Punia, has regained the world number one ranking. He gained his ranking after winning second successive gold medal at Matteo Pellicone Ranking Series.
- The wrestler defeated Tulga Tumur Ochir of Mongolia by 2-2 criteria in 65 kg the final freestyle event which was organised in Rome on March 7, 2021. He won the event after getting a two-pointer in last 30 seconds of bout. This was the first international competition of Bajrang Punia since the Covid-19 outbreak.
Book & Author
♦”Dynasty to Democracy: The Untold Story of Smriti Irani’s Triumph” Book on Smriti Irani’s victory in Amethi to release
- The English translation of journalist-author Anant Vijay’s book “Amethi Sangram: Aitihasik Jeet Ankahi Dastan” will be released on March 15.
- The book, titled “Dynasty to Democracy: The Untold Story of Smriti Irani’s Triumph”, traces Union Minister Irani’s journey from her defeat in 2014 to her victory in the Congress stronghold of Amethi, Uttar Pradesh during the 2019 Lok Sabha election. The Hindi book was published in December, 2020.
♦Frontier Gandhi’s autobiography released in English
- The autobiography of Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan, popularly known as the “Frontier Gandhi”, titled “The Frontier Gandhi: My Life and Struggle” is set to be published in English by the publishing house Roli Books.
- This will be his first autobiography in English. The book was translated into English by Imitiaz Ahmad Sahibzada, the former Pakistani civil servant and author.
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|