Daily GK Update 9 September 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦NSO Survey: Kerala tops literacy rate at 96.2%, Andhra Pradesh Worst Performance at 66.4%
- National Statistical Office released its report on “Household Social Consumption: Education in India as part of 75th round of National Sample Survey”. The survey provides state wise details of literacy between the period July 2017 and June 2018.
- According to the survey, Kerala has the highest literacy rate in the country with 96.2% . On the other hand, Andhra Pradesh was at the bottom with 66.4%.
|Rank||Top Literacy State/UT||Worst Literacy State|
|1||Kerala (96.2%)||Andhra Pradesh (66.4%.)|
|2||Delhi (88.7%)||Rajasthan (69.7%)|
|3||Uttarakhand (87.6%)||Bihar (70.9%)|
|4||Himachal Pradesh (86.6%)||Telangana at 72.8%|
|5||Assam at 85.9%.||Uttar Pradesh at 73%
Madhya Pradesh at 73.7%.
♦NITI Aayog preparing Multidimensional Poverty index chaired by Ms Sanyukta Samaddar
- NITI Aayog as the nodal agency has been assigned the responsibility of leveraging the monitoring mechanism of the Global Multidimensional Poverty Index (MPI) to drive reforms. Global MPI is part of Government of India’s decision to monitor the performance of the country in 29 select Global Indices.
- The objective of the “Global Indices to Drive Reforms and Growth (GIRG)” exercise is to fulfil the need to measure and monitor India’s performance on various important social and economic parameters and enable the utilisation of these Indices as tools for self-improvement, bring about reforms in policies, while improving last-mile implementation of government schemes.
- Nodal agency for the MPI, NITI Aayog has constituted a Multidimensional Poverty Index Coordination Committee (MPICC). The MPICC, chaired by Ms Sanyukta Samaddar.
List of Latest Committee and Headed by
- Analysis of QR (Quick Response) Code’: Prof. Deepak.B. Phatak
- National Financial Reporting Authority: Professor R. Narayanaswamy
- Sebi rejigs advisory: Usha Thorat
- National level committee for reform in criminal law: Ranbir Singh
- Examine the possibility of offering Surety Bond for contractors (IRDAI): G. Srinivasan.
- Setting Parameters for Loan Restructuring: KV Kamath
- Committee on Business Responsibility Reporting (BRR): Rajesh Verma
♦PM Modi to launch Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi is to launch Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana on 9th September. Along with the scheme, the PM will also launch e-Gopala application.
- The scheme focuses on sustainable development of fisheries in India. It is to be implemented between 2020-21 and 2024-25.
- Aim: The scheme aims to enhance fish production to 70 lakh tonnes by 2024-25. It aims to double income of fish farmers. The scheme will reduce the post harvest losses of fisheries sector from 20% to 25% to 10%.
♦PM Modi inaugurates Patrika Gate in Jaipur
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the Patrika Gate in Jaipur through video conference. The Iconic Gate is built by the Patrika Group of Newspapers on the Jawaharlal Nehru Marg in the Pink City.
- Prime Minister Modi also released two books written by the Group Chairman on the occasion.
International (Current affairs)
♦Sri Lanka proposes ban on Cow Slaughter
- A Buddhists majority country where nearly 99% people are meat eaters but most of the Hindus and Buddhists do no eat Beef.
- The ruling Sri Lanka Podujana Peramuna (SLPP), which won a two-thirds majority in the parliamentary elections last month under the leadership of Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa, has decided to ban slaughtering of cows across the island nation.
Banking and Financial
♦Himachal Pradesh, World Bank sign $82 mn loan deal for HP State Roads Transformation Project
- The government of Himachal Pradesh and the World Bank signed $82 million loan for the implementation of Himachal Pradesh.
- Purpose: State Roads Transformation Project which will strengthen transport and road safety institutions of Himachal Pradesh by improving the condition, safety, resilience, and engineering standards of state road network.
List of Loan approved by World Bank 2020
- $250 million-Tamil Nadu Housing Sector
- $500 million-To improve quality and governance of school education in six Indian states.
- Rs. 1,950 crore– W.Bengal Govt for tackling COVID situation
- $400 million-Improve coastal resources in India
- $80 million-Govt of Himachal Pradesh for improve water management practices
- $450 million-The World Bank-supported Atal Bhujal Yojana (ABHY)
- $88 Million-Help modernize Assam’s passenger ferry sector
- $210 Million-State of Maharashtra’s Agribusiness and Rural Transformation Project
- $400 Mn: support for rejuvenating Ganga
♦Bank of India launches ‘Signature Visa Debit Card’ for HNIs
- Bank of India, on the occasion of its 115th Foundation Day on September 7, 2020 decided launched “Signature Visa Debit Card” for the affluent/high net worth individuals maintaining an average quarterly balance of ₹10 lakhs and above.
- This card will have a spending limit of up to 5 lakhs on POS & E-commerce and Rs.1 lakh on ATM.
- Other features include Complimentary lounge access (2 per quarter) and offers on Travel, Retail, Dining, Lifestyle, Entertainment, Luxury Hotels, Reward points for online usage etc. It will also provide Insurance against fraudulent transactions.
♦India’s FY21 GDP to shrink 14.8%: Goldman
- The Indian economy is the worst-hit among major economies, American brokerage Goldman Sachs on 8th September, sharply cutting its FY21 GDP forecast to a contraction of (-) 8%, its earlier estimate of an 11.8% contraction.
Note: India GDP projected F21
- Moody-(-) 4%
- India Ratings & Research-(-) 11.8%
- SBI- (-) 10%
- CIRIS: (-) 5%
- Fitch: (-) 10.5%
- S&P- (-) 5%
- Care Rating: (-) 6.4%
- FICCI: (-) 4.5%
♦American private equity firm Silver Lake invests Rs 7,500 crore in Reliance Retail for 1.75% stake
- Reliance on 8th September announced that Silver Lake will invest Rs 7,500 crore into its subsidiary Reliance Retail Ventures Ltd (RRVL) for 1.75% stake. This investment values the retail business of Reliance at Rs 4.21 lakh crore.
- This marks the second billion dollar investment by Silver Lake in a Reliance Industries subsidiary after the $1.35 billion investment in Jio Platforms earlier this year.
- Reliance operates India’s largest retail business of onset 12,000 stores nationwide with 640 million footfall.
♦Aditya Birla Idea Payments Bank ceased to be banking company: RBI
- Reserve Bank of India has ceased the Banking operations by the Aditya Birla Idea Payments (ABIP) Bank under Banking Regulations Act 1949 with effect from July 28, 2020.
- The decision to shut operations by the Aditya Birla Idea Payments Bank was taken due to unanticipated developments in the business landscape which have made the economic model unviable, a regulatory filing by the Vodafone Idea Limited had said in July last year.
- Now the bank company could not able to work successfully and applied for voluntary winding up by the Vodafone Idea Limited which holds 51% in ABIP bank and the remaining 49% by Grasim Industries Limited.
♦9th September: International Day to Protect Education from Attack
- International Day to Protect Education from Attack is observed globally on 9th September. In proclaiming the International Day to Protect Education from Attack to be celebrated for the first time in 2020.
- It expresses concern over the effects of continued violence on these children and their ability to access education, whose consequences require special attention beyond the needs of learners whose establishments were temporarily closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
♦Radio astronomer Prof Govind Swarup Passed away
- Prof Govind Swarup, renowned scientist and radio astronomer, passed away due to illness at the age of 91 on 7th September at a private hospital in the city.
- Prof Swarup was the founding director of the National Centre for Radio Astrophysics of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research. Prof Swarup, known as father of Indian radio astronomy.
♦Telugu Popular actor Jaya Prakash Reddy passed away
- Telugu Popular actor Jaya Prakash Reddy passed away on 8th September. The 74-year-old actor suffered a cardiac arrest at his residence in Guntur, Andhra Pradesh.
- Jaya Prakash Reddy’s popular films include Samarasimha Reddy, Preminchukundam Raa, Narasimha Naidu, Nuvvostanante Nenoddantana, Julayi, Ready, Kick, Jayam Manadera, Jamba Lakidi Pamba, Avunu Valliddaru Istapaddaru, Kabaddi Kabbadi, Evadi Gola Vadidi and Kithakithalu.
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book|
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
- More Daily Current Affairs Click here
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here