Daily GK Update 9 , 10 Jan 2021, Daily Current Affairs 2021 :
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2021. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2021, Daily GK Update 2021. All the important updates based on current affairs 2021 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2021 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2021 State and NRA CET Exam of 2021.
National (Current Affairs)
♦UJALA and SLNP schemes complete six years
- UJALA initiative, over 36.13 crore LED bulbs have been distributed across India. This has resulted in an estimated energy savings of 46.92 billion kWh per year, avoided peak demand of 9,394 MW, and an estimated greenhouse gas (GHG) emission reduction of 38 million tons of CO2 annually.
- Under the SLNP programme, over 1.03 crore smart LED streetlights have been installed till date, enabling an estimated energy savings of 6.97 billion kWh per year with an avoided peak demand of 1,161 MW and an estimated greenhouse gas (GHG) emission reduction of 4.80 million tons CO2 annually.
Note: About UJALA (Unnat Jyoti by Affordable LEDs for All)
- Launched: 1 May 2015
- launched by: PM Narendra Modi
- Replacing the: “Bachat Lamp Yojana”.
- Aims: In non-subsidized LED lamp distribution projects, this program is considered the world’s largest.
Note: About Street Lighting National Programme (SLNP)
- Launched: 5th January, 2015 launched
- launched by: PM Narendra Modi
♦Ramesh Pokhriyal inaugurates International Akhand Conference ‘EDUCON-2020’
- Union Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ has inaugurated the two-day Virtual International Akhand Conference ‘EDUCON 2020’ through video conferencing.
- This two-day International Conference is being organized by the Central University of Punjab, Bathinda (CUPB) in collaboration with the Global Educational Research Association (GERA).
- The focal theme of EDUCON-2020 is Envisioning Education for Transforming Youth to Restore Global Peace.
International (Current Affairs)
♦Joint session of US Congress certifies Joe Biden’s electoral victory over Trump
- Joe Biden was formally recognized by Congress as the next U.S. president early 8th Jan, ending two months of failed challenges by his predecessor, Donald Trump, that exploded into violence at the U.S. Capitol as lawmakers met to ratify the election result.
- The Democratic president-elect’s victory was sealed after House and Senate members fended off a final round of objections to the Nov. 3 election outcome raised by a handful of Republicans on Trump’s behalf.
♦India to chair 3 important committees of UNSC
- The Ambassador of India UN TS Tirumurti to the United Nations recently announced that India has been asked to chair three important committees of the Security Council.
- Counter-Terrorism Committee, Libya Sanctions Committee and Taliban Sanctions Committee.
About Counter-Terrorism committee
- The Counter-Terrorism committee of the United Nations Security Council was established in the wake of 09/11 terrorist attack in the United States.
- Earlier India had chaired the Counter-Terrorism Committee in 2011-12. It monitors and implements counter terrorist activities.
About Libya Sanctions Committee
- The Libya Sanctions Committee of the United Nations Security Council implements the sanctions regime in Libya.
- It also monitors two-way arms embargo on Libya, travel ban, asset freeze. It measured the illicit export of petroleum in the country.
- The member states of the committee are required to prevent sale of arms supply and related material to Libya.
About Taliban Sanctions Committee
- The Taliban Sanctions Committee works to promote stability, peace and security of Afghanistan.
- It is also called the 1988 Sanctions Committee.
Banking & Financial
♦Bandhan Bank unveils account for army personnel
- Private lender Bandhan Bank has signed an agreement with the Indian Army to provide banking services to the personnel of the force.
- The bank got the mandate to maintain and a Bank Shaurya Salary Account of the Army personnel. Bandhan Bank Shaurya Salary Account will have a zero balance facility. The Shaurya Salary Account also offers protection for self and assets.
- They will be offered other preferential services such as six per cent interest on balance over Rs one lakh, unlimited free ATM transactions across ATMs, waiver of issuance and annual charge on Shaurya Visa Platinum Debit Card and unlimited free NEFT/RTGS/IMPS/DD transactions.
Note: About Bandhan Bank
- CEO: Chandra Shekhar Ghosh
- Headquarters: Kolkata
- Tagline: Aapka Bhala, Sabki Bhalai
- Founder: Chandra Shekhar Ghosh
- Founded: 2001
♦Pravasi Bharatiya Divas or NRI Day celebrated on 9 January
- Pravasi Bharatiya Divas or NRI Day is celebrated every year on January 9 to mark the contribution of the overseas Indian community in the development of India. The day is celebrated every year to mark the contribution of the overseas Indian community in the development of India.
- The aim of celebrating the day is to provide a platform for NRI to express their perceptions about India and thereby involve them in Indian developmental activities.
- Theme 2021:“Contributing to Aatmanirbhar Bharat”.
♦January 10: World Hindi Day 2021
- World Hindi Day is celebrated every year on January 10. Vishwa Hindi Divas commemorates the anniversary of the first World Hindi Conference held in Nagpur on January 10, 1975. The conference was inaugurated by the then prime minister Indira Gandhi in Nagpur.
- World Hindi Day was first celebrated in 2006 by former Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh. The aim of the conference was to promote Hindi language worldwide.
Note: Different Language day
- Arabic-December 18,
- English-April 23,
- Chinese-April 20,
- French-March 20,
- Russia-June 6,
♦Acclaimed fashion designer Satya Paul passes away
- The founder of the acclaimed Indian fashion clothing brand, Satya Paul passed away on January 6. The designer breathed his last in Coimbatore in the Isha Yoga Centre. He was 78.
- Satya Paul, known for giving the Indian saree a contemporary touch.
Recommended PDF’s for 2021:
- Computer Capsule 2021 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2021
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|