Daily GK Update 9 Dec 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020 :
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦India in top 10 performers on climate change index
- India remains in the top 10 for the second year in a row in the latest global Climate Change Performance Index (CCPI) released in Germany on 7th Dec. The biggest current emitter of greenhouse gases (GHG) China figures at 33rd rank while the largest historical polluter, the USA, appears at the bottom of the list.
- India slid one position down from ninth in 2019 to 10th this year. The Global Climate Change Performance Index was recently released by the New Climate Institute, Germanwatch and CAN (Climate Action Network).
Note: Rank Index
- None of the countries were in top three ranks.
- Rank 4: Sweden
- Rank 5: UK
- Rank 6: Denmark
- Rank 7: Morocco
- Rank 8: Norway
International (Current Affairs)
♦Mount Everest declared 86 cm taller by Nepal and China
- The world’s highest mountain peak ‘Mount Everest’ has become taller by 86 cm, as per a survey conducted jointly by Nepal and China.
- The Government of Nepal and China jointly conducted an exercise to measure the world’s highest peak. The new height of Mt Everest has been calculated at 8,848.86 metres, which is 0.86m more than the previous measurement done by India in 1954.
Note: List of top 5 highest mountains on Earth
- Mount Everest-8,848.86 metres
Banking & Financial
♦Ujjivan SFB launches neighbourhood banking channel – “Money Mitra”
- Ujjivan Small Finance Bank on 7th Dec announced it has introduced a new channel to make banking services accessible to customers in their neighbourhood.
- The channel – Money Mitra – will facilitate entrepreneurs running local businesses like Kirana, medical stores and insurance agencies to offer retail banking solutions to the bank’s customers exclusively.
Note: About Ujjivan Small Finance Bank
- Founder: Samit Ghosh
- Founded: 28 December 2004, Bengaluru
- Tagline: We believe in your belief
♦At 9.9% GDP growth, India could be fastest-growing Asian economy in 2021: Nomura
- India could well be the fastest-growing Asian economy in calendar year 2021 (CY21) Nomura’s forecasts.
- The foreign research and brokerage house expects the Indian economy – as measured by gross domestic product (GDP) – to grow at 9.9 per cent in 2021, eclipsing China (2021 GDP growth pegged at 9 per cent) and Singapore (at 7.5 per cent) during this period.
♦RBI cancels license of Maharashtra-based Karad Janata Sahakari Bank
- The Reserve Bank of India has cancelled the licence of Karad Janata Sahakari Bank Ltd in Maharashtra, as it does not have adequate capital and earning prospects.
- As such, it does not comply with the provisions of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949.
- More than 99 per cent of the depositors of the bank will get full payment of their deposits from Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation (DICGC). On liquidation, every depositor is entitled to repayment of their deposits up to ₹ 5 lakh only from the DICGC.
Note: About RBI
- Governor: Shaktikanta Das
- Deputy Governor: B.P. Kanungo
- Deputy Governor: Mahesh Kumar Jain
- Deputy Governor: M. D. Patra
- Deputy Governor: M Rajeshwar Rao
♦ADB approves Rs 2.5 mn in technical assistance for biofuel development in India
- The Manila-based multilateral lending agency Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved a USD 2.5 million (about Rs 18 crore) technical assistance to support advanced biofuel development in India.
- The grant will be funded from the Asia Clean Energy Fund, financed by the Government of Japan under the Clean Energy Financing Partnership Facility, and the Republic of Korea’s e-Asia and Knowledge Partnership Fund. The technical assistance (TA) will support the development of advanced bioethanol, bio-compressed natural gas, and biodiesel plants.
♦Anil Soni appointed first CEO of The WHO Foundation
- US-based Indian-origin health expert, Anil Soni has been appointed as the first Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the newly-created “The World Health Organization (WHO) Foundation”.
- Before this, he was working with Viatris, a global healthcare company in the US, where he served as Head of Global Infectious Diseases. He will assume his role as CEO with effect from 1st January 2021.
Note: About WHO
- Headquarters: Geneva, Switzerland
- Founded: 7 April 1948
- Head: Tedros Adhanom
♦Government to start 1000 Khelo India Centres to encourage sports culture
- The Union Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports Kiren Rijiju on December 8, 2020, announced that the government will be starting 1000 Khelo India centres all over the country to help retired sportspersons get employment and to encourage the sports culture in the country.
- While addressing TURF 2020, the 10th Global Sports Summit, organised by FICCI, the union minister added that the government has made policy changes and has also taken initiatives for encouraging and supporting the sports community and sportsperson even after they retire.
♦Parthiv Patel retires from all forms of cricket
- An 18-year-long illustrious career came to an end, on 9th Dec, as wicketkeeper-batsman Parthiv Patel announced his retirement from all forms of the game.
- Parthiv, 35, has featured in 25 Tests, 38 ODIs and a couple of T20Is for India. In domestic cricket, he featured in 194 first-class matches for Gujarat.
♦December 9 -International Anti-Corruption Day 2020
- Every year, December 9 is celebrated as the International Anti-Corruption Day. The day emphasises the need for the eradication of corruption and intends to create awareness on the ways through which it can be reduced.
- The General Assembly of the United Nations adopted the convention against corruption on October 31, 2003. Following this, the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) was designated as the secretariat for the Convention’s Conference of States Parties. In December 2005, the General Assembly designated the day as Anti-Corruption Day.
- Theme 2020: RECOVER WITH INTEGRITY
Attempt CA QUIZ
Click to Subscribe Our Youtube Channel for Free Complete Banking & Insurance Course
Click here to Buy SBI PO 2020 Online Test Series
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
Most important PDF’s for Bank, SSC, Railway and Other Government Exam : Download PDF Now
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|