Daily GK Update 9 Nov 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020 :
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦FASTags made mandatory from 1st January, 2021 for all four wheelers
- The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has issued a notification on FASTAGs making them mandatory for four wheelers from from 1st of January 2021. It applies to old vehicles belonging to M and N category as well.
- Also to vehicles that were sold before 1st December, 2017.
- About FASTag: FASTag is a prepaid tag that enables automatic deduction of toll charges and lets the vehicle pass through the toll plaza without stopping for the cash transaction.
- The radio-frequency identification (RFID)-based FASTag is affixed on the windscreen of the vehicle. It allows for direct payment of fee from the prepaid or savings account linked to it and enables vehicles to drive through without stopping for transactions.
♦Virgin Hyperloop hosts first human ride on new transport system
- The Virgin Hyperloop that plans to connect Mumbai and Pune in 25 minutes has conducted its first successful passenger ride. The test was conducted in Las Vegas.
- The Hyperloop is a new mode of transport that speeds up to 1000 kilometres per hour. The idea was conceived by Tesla and SpaceX in 2012. There are several companies that are working on the technology. However, Virgin Hyperloop is the only one that is develop the transport in India.
♦Ministry of Shipping renamed as the Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways
- The Ministry of Shipping is being expanded and renamed as the Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways.
- This information was given by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 8 November 2020, during a launch event of Ro-Pax terminal at Hazira and flagging off the Ro-Pax ferry service between Hazira and Ghogha in Gujarat.
Note: List of Some Important Renamed Place
- Bhopal Metro Rail-Raja Bhoj
- Naya Raipur-Atal Nagar
- Hazratganj intersection-Atal Chowk
- Deoghar Airport (Jharkhand)-Atal Bihari Vajpayee Airport
- Agartala Airport- Maharaja Bir Bikram Airport
- Gwalior-Chambal Expressway -Atal Bihari Vajpayee Chambal Progressway
- Manduadih Station: ‘Banaras’ Station
- Hubli Railway Station: Siddharoodha Swamiji Railway Station
- Naugarh Railway Station: Siddharthnagar railway station
♦India’s 1st solar-based water supply project of India launched in Arunachal Pradesh
- Union Jal Shakti Minister, Gajendra Singh Shekhawat has launched India’s first solar-based Integrated Multi-Village Water Supply Project (IMVWSP) in Arunachal Pradesh.
- The solar-based lift water supply project is ‘first of its kind’ in the country, and has been commissioned at a cost of Rs 28.50 crore. However, such projects will be carried out in other parts of the country too.The project would provide drinking water to 17,480 people in 39 villages of Lower Dibang Valley district in Arunachal Pradesh.
Note About Arunachal Pradesh
- Capital: Itanagar
- Chief minister: Pema Khandu
- Governor: B. D. Mishra
International (Current affairs)
♦Storm Eta hit in Guatemala
- About 150 people have died or remain unaccounted for in Guatemala due to mudslides caused by powerful storm Eta, which devastated an indigenous village in the country’s north, President Alejandro Giammattei.
- Eta had made landfall as a Category Four hurricane with winds of 225 km per hour and torrential rains.
List of Cyclone/ Typhoon (Recently 2019-20)
- Tropical Storm “Cristobal”: Louisiana, Mississippi Coasts. (US)
- Tropical storm Amanda: El Salvador & Guatemala
- Cyclone Nisarga: Maharashtra, Gujarat
- Cyclone Amphan: West Bengal and Odisha
- Cyclone Maha: The Cyclone Maha in the Arabian Sea has crossed Lakshadweep.
- Cyclonic storm ‘Bulbul’: Bangladesh and West Bengal
- Cyclone Kyaar: South Gujarat, Saurashtra (cyclonic storm “Kyaar” hovering over the Arabian Sea.)
- Cyclone Tino: Fiji
- Cyclone Sarai: Fiji
- Typhoon Kammuri: Philippines
- Typhoon Phanfone: Philippines
- Typhoon Faxai: Tokyo, Japan
- Typhoon hagibis: Japan
♦UAE relaxes Islamic laws, allows cohabitation of unmarried couples
- The United Arab Emirates announced on 8th Nov a major overhaul of the country’s Islamic personal laws, allowing unmarried couples to cohabitate, loosening alcohol restrictions and criminalising so-called honour killings.
- Previous law: Previously the users had to purchase license for liquor and to have alcohol at homes. The new rule now allows Muslims to drink alcoholic beverages freely. The Government also liberalized the laws protecting the honour crimes in the country. The law that supported a tribal custom under which a male may evade prosecution has now been relaxed.
- UAE is a country where the expatriates (person who lives outside their native country) outnumbers the citizens nearly nine to one. Thus, the amendments will permit the foreigners to avoid Islamic Shariah courts on issues such as divorce, marriage and inheritance.
Note: About UAE
- Capital: Abu Dhabi
- Currency: United Arab Emirates dirham
♦Joe Biden announces 12-member COVID-19 Task Force under Vivek Murthy
- US President Joe Biden announced a 12-member Task Force to deal with COVID-19 in the United States of America. The task force is to be headed by a former General Surgeon Vivek Murthy and other officials from Food and Drug Administration and universities. It also included former Obama administration health advisers.
- About Vivek Murthy: Vivek was born in England to immigrants from Karnataka. The family moved to Florida, US when Vivek was three years old. Both parents of Vivek are into medical field.
Banking & Financial
♦Germany Bank KfW Extends 545 Million Euro Funding To MMRDA Infra Projects
- The German state-owned development bank KfW has extended two loans totaling over 545 million Euros (Rs 4,767 crore) to the Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) for infrastructure projects in Mumbai.
- These projects are Metro line 4 from Wadala in central Mumbai to Kasarvadavli in Thane, and Metro line 4A that extends to the connectivity from Kasarvadavli to Gaimukh in Thane. This is part of the Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority’s plan to build a 337-km metro rail network.
- The project cost of the two lines will be about Rs 23,000 crore and the KfW’s loan will amount to roughly Rs 4,000 crore.
♦15th Finance Commission submits its Report for 2021-22 to 2025-26 to President Ram Nath Kovind
The Fifteenth Finance Commission (XVFC) led by Chairman N K Singh, on 9 Nov submitted its Report for the period 2021-22 to 2025-26 to President of India Ram Nath Kovind. Members of the Commission, Ajay Narayan Jha, Prof. Anoop Singh, Dr. Ashok Lahiri and Dr. Ramesh Chand along with Secretary to the Commission Arvind Mehta accompanied the Chairman.
- The Commission has recommended that the states shall get 41% of central tax revenues. Earlier, the fourteenth Finance Commission had recommended 42%.
- 4.3 lakh crores for the local governments
- Rs 1 lakh grant to health care
- Rs 2.9 lakh crores of revenue deficit grants to 17 states.
- The commission have recommended the states to keep aside at least 8% of their budget for building health care capacities.
- The fund is to be called Rashtriya Suraksha Naivedya Kosh. The fund is to add up to Rs 2.4 lakh crores by 2021-26. Of this, Rs 1.5 lakh crore is to be directly transferred to Consolidated Fund of India.
♦Russian Daniil Medvedev wins Paris Master 2020
- Russian, Daniil Medvedev has won Paris Master 2020 title in badminton, when he beat Alexander Zverev 5-7, 6-4, 6-1 in Paris.
- He became the fourth Russian to capture the Rolex Paris Masters title.
Book & Author
♦Anupam Kher unveils cover of his new book ‘Your Best Day Is Today!’
- Veteran actor Anupam Kher unveiled the cover of his latest book “Your Best Day Is Today!”.
- Kher had announced the book, in which he experiences during the coronavirus-induced countrywide lockdown. The versatile actor’s previous two books are his biography “Lessons Life Taught Me Unknowingly” published last year and another is “The Best Thing About You is You!”, which released in 2011.
♦November 9: Uttarakhand Day
- In 2020, the Chief Minister of Uttarakhand Rawat is to inaugurate hot air balloon festival in Mussorie. Apart from the hot air balloon celebrations, the state is also organizing Majestic Uttarakhand photo exhibitions and ‘Heal with Wheels’.
- The first demand for a separate state of Uttarakhand arose in 1897. In 1994, the demand for a separate state took full form that led to a mass movement resulting in the formation of the Uttarakhand state in 2000.
- It is known as the “Land of Gods” or “Dev Bhumi”. It was named ‘Uttaranchal’ during its foundation. Later, it was renamed to Uttarakhand in 2007. The capital of the state is Dehradun.
♦9th Nov: National Legal Services Day
- National Legal Services Day (NLSD) Celebrated on 9th November every year across India, it commemorates the enactment of the Indian Legal Services Authorities Act 1987.
- Aims: The main aim of this observance is to spreading legal awareness among people. It also aims as a means to provide free legal aid and advice to the poor and weaker sections of the society, so as to ensure justice for all. The Legal Services Authorities Act 1987 of the Indian Parliament which which came into effect on 9th November 1995.
♦8 November: International Day of Radiology
- International Day of Radiology is observed globally on 8th November every year.
- The day is celebrated to promote the awareness of the value that radiology contributes to safe patient care, and improving public understanding of the vital role radiologists and radiographers play in the healthcare continuum.
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|