Daily GK Update 9 Oct 2020, Daily Current Affairs 2020
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK Update & daily Current affairs 2020. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Daily Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 / Daily GK Update for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦Jewar airport: Zurich firm signs agreement with UP government
- Uttar Pradesh government on 7th October signed the concessionaire agreement with Zurich Airport to begin the development of Jewar Airport.
- In November last year, Zurich Airport International AG had won the bid for building the greenfield airport set to come up in Greater Noida’s Jewar. The signing of the concessionaire agreement had gotten delayed due to restrictions in travel because of Covid.
International (Current Affairs)
♦Jordan’s King Abdullah II appointed Bishr al-Khasawneh as PM
- King of Jordan, Abdullah II ibn Al Hussein has appointed Bishr al-Khasawneh, policy advisor to the king, as new Prime Minister of the country.
- His appointment comes after King Abdullah II ibn Al Hussein accepted the resignation of Prime Minister Omar al Razzaz.
Note: About Jordan
- Capital: Amman.
- Currency: Jordanian dinar.
Banking & Financial
♦RTGS to be available 24x7x365 from Dec 2020
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) in its Statement on Development and Regulatory Policies has announced that the money transfer facility, RTGS, will be available round the clock, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from December 2020.
- Under the current rules, the transfers can be made between 7 AM and 6 PM on all working days except for the second and fourth Saturday of the month and on Sundays.
- The announcement comes after the RBI made the NEFT facility available 24X7 from December 16, 2019.
Note: RTGS, IMPS, NEFT
- Minimum Transfer Limit: 2 lacs
- Maximum: No Limit
- Minimum Transfer Limit: 1 Rs
- Maximum: 2 lacs
- Minimum Transfer Limit: 1 Rs
- Maximum: No Limit
♦RBI keeps key interest rates unchanged
- The Reserve Bank of India in its bi-monthly Monetary Policy statement issued on 9th October has maintained a status quo keeping the key interest rates unchanged.
- The reverse repo rate remains unchanged at 3.35 per cent, the repo rate at 4%. The Monetary Policy Committee has also decided to maintain its accommodative stance as long as necessary at least through the current financial year and next year as Indian economy is entering into decisive phase in its fight against coronavirus.
Current Policy Rate
- Repo Rate- 4.%
- Reverse Repo Rate – 3.35%
- Marginal Standing Facility(MSF) Rate-4.25%
- Bank Rate-4.25%
- Cash reserve Ratio(CRR)-3%
- Statutory Liquidity Ratio(SLR)-18%
♦India’s GDP to contract by 9.5% in FY21: RBI
- According to the RBI, the 9.5 per cent contraction will be due to disruptions caused by the Covid-19 pandemic that has affected economic activities. Growth “may break out of contraction and turn positive during January-March” due to improving signs of recovery, the central bank estimates.
- The governor made the statement while addressing media at the end of the three-day meeting of the newly-constituted Monetary Policy Committee (MPC).
Note: India GDP projected F21
- NCAER- (-)12.6%
- India Ratings & Research-(-)11.8%
- World Bank: (-9.6%)
- ADB– (-)9%
- IMF- (-)4.5%
- OECD- (-)10.2%
♦The World Food Programme awarded with Nobel Peace Prize 2020
- The Nobel Peace Prize 2020 has been awarded to the United nation’s World Food Programme (WFP). The programme has been awarded the prize for its efforts to fight the hunger specially in the war zones and conflict affected areas.
- The Norwegian Nobel Committee decided to award the prize to the WEP.
Note: Nobel Prize in medicine 2020 Winners
- Harvey J Alter
- Michael Houghton and
- Charles M. Rice
Note: 2020 Nobel Prize in Physics Winners
- Roger Penrose
- Reinhard Genzel and
- Andrea Gheza
Nobel Prize in Chemistry Winners
- Emmanuelle Charpentier
- Jennifer A. Doudna
2020 Nobel prize for literature
- Louise Glück
♦India successfully test-fires Rudram- an Anti-Radiation Missile
- India has successfully test-fired the Rudram – an Anti-Radiation Missile on October 9, 2020. It has been developed by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO). The missile was test fired from its primary test platform Sukhoi-30 fighter aircraft off the east coast.
- The missile will provide air superiority and capability for the Indian Air Force (IAF) fighter aircraft. It has been designed for suppression of enemy air defences (SEAD).
♦Second Thursday of October every year: World Sight Day
- World Sight Day is celebrated on the second Thursday of October every year. It aims to spread awareness about blindness and visual impairment. This year, World Sight Day is being celebrated on October 8.
- The day is observed to spread awareness about the importance of taking care of our vision.
- Theme 2020:Hope on Sight.
♦9 October: World Postal Day or World Post Office Day
- World Post Day is celebrated on October 9 every year to mark the anniversary of the establishment of the Universal Postal Union (UPU) which was started in 1874 in Switzerland. Countries across the world participate in celebrations of the day to highlight the importance of postal service.
- The day aims to spread awareness about the Post’s role in the everyday lives of people and businesses and its contribution to global social and economic development.
♦Ram Vilas Paswan, union minister, passes away
- Ram Vilas Paswan, Union minister of consumer affairs, food and public distribution, passed away late on 8th October. He recently underwent heart surgery in a Delhi hospital.
- Eighth time Member of Parliament in Lok Sabha, Paswan was one of the country’s most noted Dalit leaders. He was born on 5 July, 1946 at Shaharbanni village in Khagaria, eastern Bihar.
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
- More Daily Current Affairs Click here
- Get Free PDFs
- Banking Awareness Study Notes
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here