Daily GK Updates : 13 January 2019, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦PM Modi Kolkata Port Trust renamed as Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Port
- PM Narendra Modi on 12th January celebrated the 150th anniversary of the historic Kolkata Port Trust and renamed the port after Bharatiya Jana Sangh founder Shyama Prasad Mukherjee.
- PM Modi announced at an event at the Netaji Indoor Stadium on Sunday, “This port will now be known by the name of Shyama Prasad Mukherjee.”
♦Indian Railways signs MoU with RailTel for Phase 2 of e-Office Execution
- After the successful completion of the Phase 1 execution of NIC e office for 50000 users in 58 units, Indian Railways has signed MoU with RailTel, a miniratna PSU under Ministry of Railways, for the phase 2 of the project. In phase 2, RailTel will register 39000 users over 34 Railway divisions on NIC e office platform by 30th June 2020.
- The phase 1 of NIC e-office execution started with a mandate to complete the work by March 2020. But with a lightning speed of execution RailTel completed the work way ahead of time and successfully created 50000+ users in 58 units of Indian Railways and trained the executives to handle the platform in a span of mere 6 months’ time.
♦Home Minister Amit Shah digitally launches project VISHWAS and CYBER AASHVAST
- Union Home Minister Amit shah today digitally launched project VISHWAS and CYBER AASHVAST at Mahatma Mandir in Gandhinagar.
- About Vishwas: Vishwas is acronym for Video Integration and State Wide Advanced Security. First of its kind project in the country, VISHWAS is a major e-governance initiative.
- Aims: The project aims at improving Law and Order Management, Proactive traffic management and control, Crime detection through video analytics and Post incident Investigation and video forensics.
- About Cyber AASHVAST: To make cyber-space safe, Gujarat Police has brought the cyber-security solution to common man through Cyber AASHVAST Project, which is a helpline for cyber crime victims.
♦Smriti Irani launches Yashaswini Scheme for Women entrepreneurship in Goa
- Union Minister for Women and Child Development and Textiles, Smriti Irani on 11th January launched Yashaswini Scheme for Women entrepreneurship in Goa.
- Swasthya Sakhi Project and breast cancer screening initiative were also inaugurated on the occasion.
- About Yashaswini scheme : Under Yashaswini scheme, women self-help groups will be given interest free loans of upto Rs Five lakh for business.
- Adarsha Satari Mahila Mandal Guleli -Sattari, Umang Self-Help Group, Salcete, Phoenix Womens Wing Self-Help Group Valpoi -Sattari were given loans under newly launched Yashaswini scheme.
Note: About GOA
- Chief minister: Pramod Sawant
- Capital: Panaji
- Governor: Satya Pal Malik
International (Current Affairs)
♦World Future Energy Summit begins in Abu Dhabi
- The World Future Energy Summit will begin on 13th January in Abu Dhabi, 33,500 participants from 170 countries and 800 specialist exhibitors are expected to attend the four-day annual event.
- The theme for this year’s summit is “Rethinking Global Consumption, Production, and Investment.”
- The event is starting to set an example for best practice, supporting the circular economy through recycling, and acting to remove single-use plastics from the event.
- Also held alongside the World Future Energy Summit are the Climate Innovations Exchange, ‘CLIX’ for short and the Future Sustainability Summit.
Note: About UAE
- President: Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan
- Capital: Abu Dhabi
- Currency: United Arab Emirates dirham
♦Taiwan election: Tsai Ing-wen wins second presidential term
- Taiwan’s President Tsai Ing-wen has secured a second term after sweeping to victory in an election dominated by the island’s relationship with China.
- Ms Tsai secured just over 57% of the ballot – a record 8.2m votes – well ahead of her rival Han Kuo-yu.
Note: About Taiwan
- President: Tsai Ing-wen
- Capital: Taipei
- Currency: New Taiwan dollar
♦Haitham bin Tariq sworn in as new Sultan of Oman
- Oman has named Haitham bin Tariq Al Said as the country’s new ruler following the death of his cousin Sultan Qaboos bin Said Al.
- The former culture minister was sworn in before the ruling family council on 12th January morning, just hours after the announcement of Sultan Qaboos’ death.
Note: About Oman
- Capital: Muscat
- Currency: Omani rial
♦Robert Abela wins election to be prime minister of Malta
- Malta’s governing party has elected a new leader and prime minister to replace Joseph Muscat, who resigned over the murder of a journalist.
- Robert Abela won the Labour Party leadership contest with 57.9% of the vote.
Note: About Malta
- Capital: Valletta
- Currency: Euro
Banking and Financial
♦Flipkart former CEO Sachin Bansal acquires DHFL General Insurance for Rs 100 crore
- Flipkart co-founder and former CEO Sachin Bansal has reportedly acquired DHFL General Insurance from Wadhawan Group Capital (WGC) for around Rs 100 crore. The deal is seen as a distress sale for Kapil Wadhawan-led financial services group, which used to run the debt-laden DHFL.
- Dewan Housing Finance Limited which has been recently admitted for bankruptcy.
♦Jasprit Bumrah to receive Polly Umrigar award for best Indian international cricketer
- India pace spearhead Jasprit Bumrah will receive the prestigious Polly Umrigar Award for the best international cricketer (2018-19) at the BCCI Annual Awards to be held in Mumbai on 12th January.
Note: About BCCI
- CEO: Rahul Johri
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Presidents: Sourav Ganguly
♦Djokovic beats Nadal in ATP Cup final
- Novak Djokovic helped seal victory for Serbia in the inaugural ATP Cup team event after defeating his long-term Spanish rival Rafael Nadal in singles on 12th January before going on to play a pivotal role in the deciding doubles match.
- With the final locked at 1-1 after the singles were shared, Djokovic partnered veteran Victor Troicki to beat Spain’s Pablo Carreno Busta and Feliciano Lopez 6-3, 6-4 and win the title. The 16-times Grand Slam champion proved to be a calming influence throughout, especially after the Serbian pair fell behind early in the match.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here