Table of Contents
Daily GK Updates : 14 January 2019, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦MoU between SCR of Indian Railways and SBI for Doorstep Banking covering all 585 Stations of the Zone
- A Memorandum of Understanding was signed between South Central Zone of Indian Railways and State Bank of India for Doorstep Banking for direct pickup of earnings covering all 585 Railway stations over SCR Zone.
- The direct pick up of cash from all the railway stations on SCR as per the MoU dispenses with the tedious and complex activity of movement of cash earnings through “Cash Safes” by trains. This will enable hassle free collection of traffic earnings by SBI and remittance into Government account avoiding delay in transmission of traffic cash earnings.
♦India and Bangladesh ink key agreements in Information & Broadcasting sector
- India and Bangladesh signed key agreements in the field of Information and Broadcasting at the Information and Broadcasting Minister’s meet 2020, in New Delhi.
- In the presence of Union Minister for Information and Broadcasting, Shri Prakash Javadekar and his Bangladeshi counterpart Muhammad H Mahmud a formal co-production agreement was signed on the biopic of “BangaBandhu”, Sheikh Mujibur Rehman, which will be released during the birth centenary year of Bangabandhu. Bangladesh has decided to celebrate the ‘Mujib Year’ from March 17, 2020 to March 17, 2021 to mark the centenary year of Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, the first President of Bangladesh.
- Deepening India’s engagement with Bangladesh, an airtime exchange programme between Prasar Bharati and Bangladesh Radio Betar was also launched.
Note: About Bangladesh
- Capital: Dhaka
- Currency: Bangladeshi taka
- Prime minister: Sheikh Hasina
♦Gujarat’s ‘Statue of Unity’ included in ‘8 Wonders of SCO’ list
- The 182-meter tall Statue of Unity in Gujarat has been included in the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation’s ‘8 Wonders of SCO’ list. It was inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in October 2018 on the occasion of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel’s 143rd birth anniversary.
- Among the eight wonders
- (i)Daming Palace in China
- (ii) Navruz Palace in Tajikistan
- (iii) Mughals Heritage in Pakistan
- (iv) Tamgaly Gorge in Kazakhstan
- (v) Po-i-Kalan Complex in Uzbekistan
- (vi)The Golden Ring of Russia and
- (vii) Kyrgyzstan’s Issyk Kul.
♦Republic Day: Captain Tania Shergill To Become First Woman Parade Adjutant
- Captain Tania Shergill, an officer with Army’s Corps of Signals, will be the first woman parade adjutant for the Republic Day parade.
- A parade adjutant is responsible for the parade.
- Commissioned in March 2017 from the Officer Training Academy, Chennai, Captain Shergill is an electronics and communications graduate.
♦Govt appoints Michael Patra as new RBI Deputy Governor
- The government on 14th January appointed Michael Debaprata Patra as the deputy governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI). The appointment of Patra, who is currently an executive director at the central bank, comes nearly six months after former deputy governor Viral Acharya’s pre-mature resignation.
- Patra will serve as the deputy governor for three years from the time of his appointment.
Note: About RBI
- Four deputy governors
(ii) BP Kanungo
(iii) MK Jain
(iv) Michael Debaprata Patra
- Shaktikanta Das is the governor of RBI.
♦AP Maheshwari Appointed Director General Of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
- Senior IPS officer AP Maheshwari was on 13th January appointed as Director General of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF).
- AP Maheshwari, a 1984 batch IPS officer of the Uttar Pradesh cadre, is at present Special Secretary (Internal Security) in the Union Home Ministry.
- He has been appointed to the post up to February 28, 2021.
Note: About CRPF
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Formed: 27 July, 1939
- Motto: “सेवा और निष्ठा“
- Minister responsible: Amit Shah (Home Ministry)
♦British Indian yoga champion wins Global Child Prodigy Award
- A 10-year-old schoolboy and under-11 yoga champion from the UK has been honored with the Global Child Prodigy Award 2020 for achievements in spiritual discipline yoga.
- Ishwar Sharma, based in Kent in south-eastern England, was chosen from the UK for the awards which honor child prodigies from across 45 countries and 30 different categories such as paleontology, biking, choreography, fitness, and martial arts, among others.
♦Five-day joint exercise ‘Sahyog Kaijin’ of Indo-Japan coast guards from January 16
- Japan Coast Guard’s ship ‘Echigo’ arrived in Chennai on 13th January as part of the annual joint exercises with the Indian Coast Guard. The five-day event ‘Sahyog Kaijin’ will begin on January 16. Apart from Echigo, four ICG ships, a JCG aircraft and a vessel from the National Institute of Ocean Technology participate in the exercise.
Note: About Japan
- Capital: Tokyo
- Currency: Japanese yen
♦Kento Momoto (Japan) beats Axelsen to lift Malaysia Masters 2020 title
- World number one Kento Momota won the Malaysia Masters after easily defeating Denmark’s Viktor Axelsen 24-22, 21-11 on 12th January .
- The victory in Malaysia lends credence to Momota’s drive to win the gold in July’s Tokyo Olympics.
♦14 January: Fourth Armed Forces Veterans Day
- The 4th Armed Forces Veterans Day is observed on 14 January every year. The day is observed as a mark of respect and recognition of the services rendered by Filed Marshal KM Cariappa OBE. The day acknowledges and honours the selfless devotion and sacrifice of the veterans in the service of the nation.
- Marshal KM Cariappa OBE is the first Indian Commander-in-Chief of the Indian Armed Forces who retired on 14 January 1953.
♦‘Father of New Wave Odia Cinema’ Manmohan Mohapatra passes away
- In a career spanning 43 years, Manmohan Mahapatra remained an unstoppable force of realistic cinema in Odisha of which he was the harbinger himself.
- Seeta Rati’ was released on television and went on to fetch Mahapatra National Award for the Best Feature Film in Odia.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here