Daily GK Updates : 15 January 2019, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦India and Finland ink MoU to enhance bilateral defence cooperation
- Defence Secretary Dr Ajay Kumar and Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Defence of Finland Mr Jukka Juusti signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to further defence cooperation between India and Finland.
- The MoU on co-operation in the field of Production, Procurement, Research and Development of Defence related Equipment and Industrial cooperation has been inked on the sidelines of Raisina Dialogue 2020. Under the broad ambit of the MoU, cooperation between Finnish companies and Indian Defence Public Sector Undertakings could be explored.
Note: About Finland
- Capital: Helsinki
- Currency: Euro
- Prime minister: Sanna Marin
♦India Meteorological Department (IMD) to celebrate 145th Foundation Day
- The India Meteorological Department (IMD) observed its 145th foundation day on January 15, 2020. The day is celebrated by the Ministry of Earth Sciences.
- Five observatories of the Indian Meteorological Department have been recognized by the World Meteorological Organization, which are located at Chennai, Mumbai, Pune, Thiruvananthapuram, and Panji.
- With a humble beginning in 1875, the IMD has marched forward with various milestones and paradigms to serve the society.
Note: About IMD
- Headquarters: New Delhi
- Founder: Government of India
- Founded: 1875
- Parent organization: Ministry of Earth Sciences
♦Raisina Dialogue begins in New Delhi
- India’s flagship global conference on geopolitics and geo-economics Raisina Dialogue began in New Delhi on 15th Prime Minister Narendra Modi attended the inaugural session.
- Former Prime Minister of New Zealand Helen Clark, former President of Afghanistan Hamid Karzai, former Prime Minister of Canada Stephen Harper, former Prime Minister of Sweden Carl Bildt, former Prime Minister of Denmark Anders Fogh Rasmussen, former Prime Minister of Bhutan Tshering Tobgay and former Prime Minister of South Korea Han Seung-soo also attended the inaugural session. The seven former heads of state or Government shared their views on important challenges facing the world.
- The fifth edition of the prestigious event is being jointly organized by the Ministry of External Affairs and the Observer Research Foundation. The three-day conference will see the participation of 12 Foreign Ministers, including from Russia, Iran, Australia, Maldives, South Africa, Denmark, Uzbekistan and the EU.
♦Dr Jitendra Singh inaugurates ‘Digital Exhibition on history of Constitution of India’
- The Minister of State for Development of North Eastern Region (I/C), Prime Minister’s Office, Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr. Jitendra Singh inaugurated the ‘Digital Exhibition on History of Constitution of India.
♦Shri Dharmendra Pradhan to launch ‘Saksham’, annual one-month long, people centric fuel conservation mega campaign of PCRA on 16th January, 2020
- ‘Saksham’, an annual one-month long, people-centric fuel conservation mega campaign of Petroleum Conservation Research Association (PCRA) under the aegis of Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas is going to be launched on 16th January by Minister of Petroleum & Natural Gas and Steel Shri Dharmendra Pradhan in a function to be held in Delhi.
- PCRA and Oil & Gas companies shall carry out various interactive programs during this month-long campaign. Activities like ‘Saksham’ Cycle Day, Cyclothons, Workshops for drivers of commercial vehicles, Seminars for housewives/cooks on adopting simple fuel saving measure, Nationwide campaign through Radio, TV, Digital Cinemas, Outdoor etc are planned with an aim to reach the nook and corner of the country with the message of fuel conservation, Greener Environment and better Health.
International (Current Affairs)
♦Guatemala swears in conservative Giammattei as president
- Guatemala swore in Alejandro Giammattei, a conservative physician opposed to gay marriage and abortion, as its new president on 14th
- Giammattei won the presidency on his fourth attempt in August for Vamos, a party founded in 2017 by politicians, businessmen and military officers on promises of battling poverty and providing better opportunities.
Note: About Guatemala
- Capital: Guatemala City
- Currency: Guatemalan quetzal
- Country in Central America
♦Odisha’s Puri District receives Swachhata Darpan Awards 2019
- Puri District receives Swachhata Darpan Awards 2019. The Department of Drinking Water and Sanitation (DDWS), Ministry of Jal Shakti, organised the ODF Sustainability workshop here today, with a special session by Shri Aamir Khan (Actor and Founder, Paani Foundation).
- As part of the workshop, the Swachhata Darpan Awards were presented by Shri Khan to the best performing districts on key swachhata parameters. The awardees include East Godavari (Andhra Pradesh), West Kameng (Arunachal Pradesh), Bemtara (Chhattisgarh), Diu (Daman and Diu), Panipat (Haryana), Vadodara (Gujarat), Kolhapur (Maharashtra), Moga (Punjab), East Sikkim (Sikkim) and Pedappali (Telangana).
- Four districts – Dibrugarh (Assam), Sirmaur (Himachal Pradesh), Indore (Madhya Pradesh) and Puri (Odisha) – were also awarded for innovations and initiatives for Plastic Waste Management.
♦15th January: 72nd Army Day
- It is celebrated every year to commemorate the day when General (later Field Marshal) K M Carriappa took over the command of Army from General Sir F R R Bucher, the last British Commander-in-Chief in 1949 and became the first Commander-in-Chief of Indian Army post Independence.
- Army Chief General Manoj Mukund Naravane has congratulated all ranks, families, veterans and Veer Naris and Armed Forces fraternity on 72nd Army Day. In his message, General Naravane said, the Indian Army has responded to a wide array of national security challenges that are becoming more complex and multi-dimensional and demand utmost dedication, highest level of proficiency and resilience in dealing with them.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|