Daily GK Updates : 3 January 2019, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current affairs)
♦Railway Protection Force (RPF) renamed as Indian Railway Protection Force Service
- The Ministry of Railway has accorded Organised Group ‘A’ status to Railway Protection Force (RPF) and renamed it Indian Railway Protection Force Service. The notice in this regard was issued by the Joint Director of Railway Board Amitabh Joshi on December 30.
- “Consequent upon grant of organized group A status ( OGAS) to RPF in the light of Cabinet decision arising from honourable court’s orders, it is hereby informed that RPF will be known as Indian Railway Protection Force Service,” the order stated.
♦Ritualistic festival ‘Lai Haraoba’ begins in Tripura
- In Tripura, Lai Haraoba, a ritualistic festival observed by Manipuri meitei communities since ancient times, began in Agartala.
- The five-day long festival was inaugurated by Speaker of state legislative Assembly, Rebati Mohan Das. The festival aims to uphold tradition and cultural values of Meitei community.
- Lai Haraoba is celebrated through oral literature, music, dance and rituals.
Note: About Tripura
- Capital: Agartala
- Governor: Ramesh Bais
- Chief minister: Biplab Kumar Deb
♦Maharashtra Govt launches ‘Cyber Safe Women’ campaign
- Maharashtra Government has launched a ‘Cyber Safe Women’ initiative under which awareness camps will be held across all the districts of the state regarding cyber safety.
- Initiative will help in educating women about how the web is used by anti-social elements and child predators to commit various types of crimes.
Note: About Maharashtra
- Governor: Bhagat Singh Koshyari
- Chief minister: Uddhav Thackeray
- Capital: Mumbai
Banking and Financial
♦Bank of Baroda ties up with JM Financial for co-lending
- State-owned Bank of Baroda has entered into a strategic co-lending agreement with JM Financial Home Loans Limited (JMFHL), the housing finance arm of JM Financial Group, for offering retail loans to home buyers.
- The association will create a lending model synergizing the expertise of both Bank of Baroda and JMFHL to providing retail home loan products.
- The partnership is accelerate credit delivery to homebuyers, thus boosting the home buying segment.
Note: About Bank of Baroda
- CEO: P. S. Jayakumar
- Tagline: India’s International Bank
- Headquarters: Alkapuri, Vadodara
♦Govt appoints AIIMS’ Prof Suresh Chandra Sharma as first chief of NMC
- The chief of Delhi AIIMS’ ENT head-neck surgery department, Professor Suresh Chandra Sharma, was on 2nd January appointed the chairman of National Medical Commission, the new medical education regulator to replace scam-tainted Medical Council of India.
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved the appointment of Sharma for a period of three years or till the age of 70 years.
- Rakesh Kumar Vats, the secretary general in the board of governors of the Medical Council of India (MCI), has been appointed as the secretary of the Commission for the similar term.
♦Cristiano Ronaldo bags best men’s player title at Dubai Globe Soccer Awards
- At the Dubai Globe Soccer Awards, Cristiano Ronaldo was named the year’s best men’s player. Ronaldo, who finished third behind Virgil van Dijk and winner Lionel Messi in the 2019 Ballon d’Or rankings, has now earned the title for the sixth time of its nine years of existence.
- The ‘best agent’ award was won by Ronaldo’s agent, Jorge Mendes. While England International Lucy Bronze was crowned the year’s best female player.
♦ISRO to set up second launch port in Thoothukodi district of Tamil Nadu for small satellite launch vehicles
- Indian Space Research Organisation will establish a second launch port in Thoothukodi district in Tamilnadu exclusively to launch small satellite launch vehicles.
- Speaking to media persons in Bengaluru, ISRO Chairman K Sivan informed that this will come up in 2300 acres.
- On the lines of GPS navigation system developed by America, the Indian navigation system called Navic with the indigenous atomic clock will be operational with mobile phone manufacturers coming forward to install the regional navigation device.
Note: About ISRO
- Director: Kailasavadivoo Sivan
- Headquarters: Bengaluru
- Founder: Vikram Sarabhai
- Founded: 15 August 1969
♦Manav Thakkar becomes world No.1 in U-21 category
- Young Indian paddler Manav Thakkar has jumped nine places to become the world no.1 in the Under-21 men’s singles category in the latest International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) rankings.
- Computer Capsule for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2019
- Hindi Practice Ebook for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here