Daily GK Updates : 6 & 7 January 2019, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current Affairs)
♦8 states finalise action plan for agriculture export policy: Government
- The government on 5th January said eight states, including Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh, Punjab and Karnataka, have finalised action plan for agriculture export policy which aims to double such exports.
- “The Agri Export Policy was announced last year with an objective of doubling the export and ensuring doubling of farmers’ income…Many states have nominated nodal agency and nodal officer. Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh, Kerala, Nagaland, Tamil Nadu, Assam, Punjab and Karnataka have finalization of the action plan,” the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
♦IRDAI gives big boost to affordable health cover with mandatory ‘Arogya Sanjeevani’ Policy
- On January 2, the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) asked health and general insurers to offer product to cover the basic health needs of clients by offering them the minimum of Rs 1 lakh and the maximum sum-insured of Rs 5 lakh.
- Arogya Sanjeevani Policy, as the product will be called, succeeded by the name of the insurance company. IRDAI said in its guidelines on standard individual health insurance that no other name would be allowed in any of the documents.
Note: About IRDAI
- Founded: 1999
- Headquarters: Hyderabad
- Chairperson: Subhash Chandra Khuntia
Banking and Financial
♦India’s GDP growth rate for 2019-20 estimated at 5% against 6.8% in FY19
- The government on 7th January released the first advance estimates of gross domestic product (GDP) numbers for 2019-20.
- The lastet data released by the CSO shows that the GDP is pegged to grow at 5 per cent in FY20, as against 6.8 per cent in the previous fiscal, in line with the Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI’s) estimate of 5 per cent. The first advance estimate of FY20 gross value added (GVA) growth stood at 4.9%.
- Reason: The decline has been mainly on account of deceleration in manufacturing sector growth, which is expected to come down to 2 per cent in 2019-20 from 6.2 per cent in the year-ago fiscal.
♦Shivalik Mercantile receives approval to become Small Finance Bank
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) coming up with its draft guidelines on urban cooperative bank (UCB) asking them to lent 75 per cent of their portfolio towards priority sector, Uttar Pradesh based multi-state Shivalik Mercantile Co-operative Bank Ltd received an in principle approval for becoming a small finance banks.
- The RBI had come with a scheme on voluntary transition of UCBs into Small Finance Bank (SFB) on September 27, 2018. But there was no taker.
Note: About Shivalik Mercantile Co-operative Bank Ltd
- Founded: 1997
- First Branch: Saharanpur
- Headquarters: Noida, Uttar Pradesh
♦171 Hospitals De-empanelled, Rs 4.5 Crore in Penalties Imposed for Fraud under Ayushman Bharat
- A total 171 hospitals have been de-empanelled and penalties to the tune of Rs 4.5 crore have been imposed on hospitals for allegedly committed fraud and indulging in malcpractices under the Ayushman Bharat health insurance scheme.
- FIRs have been lodged against six hospitals in Uttarakhand and Jharkhand.
- The NHA said the National Anti-Fraud Unit has detected suspect e-cards on the basis of algorithms developed internally by it and shared with states for due diligence and action.
♦1st ‘Antarrashtriya Yoga Diwas Media Samman’ to be conferred to media houses
- Union Minister of Information & Broadcasting, Prakash Javadekar will confer the first ‘Antarrashtriya Yoga Diwas Media Samman’, in New Delhi on 7th January.
- The Yoga Awards is being conducted to acknowledge the positive role & responsibility of media in disseminating the outreach of Yoga in India and abroad.
- The Antarrashtriya Yoga Diwas Media Samman will be conferred on Media Houses under various categories:
- 11 Sammans will be conferred under the category “Best Media Coverage of Yoga in Newspapers.
- Eight Sammans will be conferred under the category “Best Media Coverage of Yoga in Television.
- 11 Sammans will be conferred under the category “Best Media Coverage of Yoga in Radio.
♦Saurabh Chaudhary wins gold in men’s 10 m air pistol at 63rd National Shooting C’ship
- Ace shooter Saurabh Chaudhary has won the men’s 10 metres air pistol gold at the 63rd National Shooting Championship in Bhopal. The 17-year-old from Uttar Pradesh shot a classy 246.4 to finish on top.
- Second-placed Sarabjot Singh of Haryana was well behind with a score of 243.9, while world number two Abhishek Verma settled for bronze in a high-quality final.
♦Bhubaneswar to host 1st edition of Khelo India University Games from Feb 22 to March 1
- The first edition of Khelo India University Games is scheduled to be held at the KIIT University in Bhubaneswar from February 22nd to March 1st. The launching ceremony of the event was held at Bhubaneswar on 6th January.
- Union Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju and Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik unveiled the logo and jersey of Khelo India University Games.
♦India’s Magesh Chandran lifts Hastings International chess title
- India’s P. Magesh Chandran remained unbeaten in nine rounds to win the title in the 95th edition of the prestigious Hastings International Chess Congress in Hastings, England.
- Stany took the sixth place with 6.5 points while India’s woman GM R. Vaishali obtained six points to finish 10th. Two other Indians — Deep Sengupta and Swayams Mishra — finished 13th and 14th respectively with identical six points.
♦Naval exercise ‘Naseem-Al-Bahr’ between India and Oman held in Goa
- Two ships of the Royal Navy of Oman (RNO) arrived in Goa on 5th January to participate in the 12th edition of the Indo-Oman bilateral naval exercise ‘Naseem-Al-Bahr’.
- RNOV Al Rasikh and RNOV Khassab arrived at Mormugao Port.
- ‘Naseem-Al-Bahr’ (or sea breeze) is a naval exercise between the Indian Navy and the RNO, being conducted since 1993.
Note: About Oman
- Capital: Muscat
- Currency: Omani rial
♦Former Karnataka Governor and Padma Vibhushan awardee T N Chaturvedi passes away
- Former Governor of Karnataka T N Chaturvedi passed away at a private hospital in Noida.
- T N Chaturvedi served as of Comptroller and Auditor General of India from 1984 to 1989. He was awarded the Padma Vibhushan in 1991.
♦A member of the country’s first Lok Sabha Kamal Bahadur Singh Passay away
- Kamal Bahadur Singh, a member of the country’s first Lok Sabha – constituted in 1952 – and the last maharaja of erstwhile Dumraon Raj (zamindari estate), died on Sunday in Bihar.
♦Legendary artist Akbar Padamsee passes away
- One of India’s best known artists, Akbar Padamsee passed away in Coimbatore on the evening of 6 January 2019.
- Padamsee, along with FN Souza, MF Husain and SH Raza, was among the pioneers of modern Indian art, and was also part of the Progressive Artists’ Group.
- Computer Capsule for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2019
- Hindi Practice Ebook for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here