Daily GK Updates : 9 January 2019, Daily Current Affairs 2020:
Here we are regularly update the Daily GK & Current affairs. If you are preparing for Government Job Exams then it is very important for you to read the Current Affairs 2020, Daily GK Update 2020. All the important updates based on current affairs 2020 are included in this Daily Current Affairs 2020 article. All the serious candidates are advised to bookmark this page and read the GK Update on daily basis. It will help you mug up the important current affairs 2020 for LIC, IBPS, SBI PO, SSC, Railways , SBI Clerk 2020 and State Exam of 2020.
National (Current affairs)
♦3 of world’s 10 fastest-growing urban areas are in Kerala: Economist ranking
- Three cities in Kerala feature among the fastest-growing urban areas across the world, according to a ranking released by the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) survey. The three cities — Malappuram, Kozhikode and Kollam — are the only places from India to feature in the top 10 rankings.
- Thrissur from Kerala also finds a mention in the list at 13th position. Thrissur’s ranking has seen a 30.2 per cent jump between 2015 and 2020. Gujarat’s Surat comes in at 26th position with 26.7 per cent change, while Tamil Nadu’s Tiruppur is ranked the 30th fastest growing city in the world in the last five years.
- Other than India, the top 10 ranking includes three cities from China and one from Nigeria, Oman, UAE and Vietnam each.
Note: About Kerala
- Chief minister: Pinarayi Vijayan
- Governor: Arif Mohammad Khan
- Capital: Thiruvananthapuram
♦Henley Passport Index 2020: India ranks 84th with most powerful passport list; Japan tops
- Indian passport, ranked 84th in the world’s most powerful passport index 2020, can get you visa-free entry to 58 destinations worldwide, according to a new report. Based on data from the International Air Transport Association (IATA), Henley & Partners has come out with a passport index where countries are ranked according to the number of destinations their passport holder can access without a prior visa.
- While Japan continues to top the list of the world’s most powerful passport as it fetches visa-free access to 191 countries, India’s rank has dropped from 82nd spot in 2019 to 84th in 2020.
|3||Germany, South Korea|
|5||Denmark, Luxembourg, Spain|
|7||Austria, Ireland, Netherlands, Portugal, Switzerland|
|8||Belgium, Greece, Norway, UK, USA|
|9||Australia, Canada, Czech Republic, Malta, New Zealand|
|10||Hungary, Lithuania, Slovakia|
Banking and Financial
♦Budget Natural Farming: Andhra Pradesh govt inks Rs 711 cr loan pact with German bank
- KfW, a German development bank, will assist the Andhra Pradesh government with a Rs 711 crore loan for expanding the climate-resilient Zero-Budget Natural Farming (ZBNF) in the state over the next five years.
- The state government will spend another Rs 304 crore on the project under which 2.39 lakh farmers in 591 village panchayats will be encouraged to take up ZBNF
- Purpose: The ZBNF project is being undertaken by the state government, dovetailing the Rastriya Krishi Vikas Yojana (RKVY) and Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana (PKVY) of the Centre, with the Azim Premji Philanthropic Initiatives extending technical support.
Note: About Andhra Pradesh
- Capitals: Amaravati, Hyderabad
- Literacy rate: 67.41% (2011)
- Governor: Biswabhusan Harichandan
- Chief minister: Y. S. Jaganmohan Reddy
♦In a first, HDFC Bank launches “MyApps” to boost digital payments
- HDFC Bank launched myApps application to boost digital payments in India. myApps is a unique customised suite of banking products.
- Benefit: Urban local bodies, housing societies, local clubs and gymkhanas and religious institutions.
Note: About HDFC
- CEO: Aditya Puri
- Headquarters: Mumbai
- Founded: August 1994, India
♦World Bank cuts India’s FY20 growth estimates to 5%
- The World Bank on 8th January cut its forecast for India’s growth for financial year 2020 to 5 per cent from the estimated growth of 6 per cent earlier. The multilateral development lender also expects India’s growth to pick up slightly to 5.8 per cent in the next fiscal.
- World Bank’s Global Economic Prospects report stated weakness in credit from non-banking financial companies (NBFCs) as one of the primary reasons behind the growth rate cut.
♦Indian economy likely to grow to $7 trillion by 2030: Deutsche Bank
- India’s economy is likely to grow two and half times to $7 trillion by 2030, from about $3 trillion now, making India the world’s third largest economy. This implies that nominal GDP growth is likely to average just over 10% through the next decade, Deutsche Bank said in a research report, Imagine 2030.
Note: About Deutsche Bank
- CEO: Christian Sewing
- Headquarters: Frankfurt, Germany
♦Hudco appoints M Nagaraj as Chairman, Managing Director
- State-owned Housing and Urban Development Corporation (Hudco) on 8th January M Nagaraj has been appointed the company’s Chairman and Managing Director.
- “The Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs has conveyed the approval of the competent authority to assign the current charge of the post of Chairman and Managing Director, Hudco, to M Nagaraj for a period of three months with immediate effect or until further orders whichever is earlier.
- Nagaraj is also Director (Corporate Planning) of the company.
♦India to host naval exercise ‘Milan 2020’ at Visakhapatnam
- “The Naval Exercise ‘MILAN 2020’ is scheduled to be held at Visakhapatnam in March 2020 in which 41 countries have been invited.
- Purpose: India aims to conduct a unique naval exercise for which an invitation has been extended to 41 countries who are otherwise unlikely partners.
♦9th January: Pravasi Bharatiya Divas (NRI Day)
- This day is celebrated every year on January 09. The purpose of celebrating Pravasi Bharatiya Divas is to recognize the overseas Indians who have contributed to the development of India. This day was first celebrated in 2003.
- Reason for celebrating the day on 9 January: January 9 was chosen for the celebration of the Pravasi Bharatiya Divas because on this day in 1915, Mahatma Gandhi, the greatest Pravasi, returned to India from South Africa and led India’s freedom struggle.
- Computer Capsule for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2019
- Hindi Practice Ebook for RRB PO & Clerk Mains 2019 : Download PDF
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2019 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here