Eid-ul-fitr the festival of prayers and charity: All you need to know
After observing the month-long festival of Ramzan, Muslims around the world are celebrating Eid.
Eid ul-Fitr celebrates the conclusion of a period of intense fasting from dawn to dusk. It falls on the first day of the month of Shawwal during which Muslims are not permitted to fast.
♦Significance of Eid ul-Fitr
- Prophet Muhammad started the Eid ul-Fitr.
Eid ul-Fitr is celebrated on the day of the first sighting of the crescent moon just after dusk.
- On this day, Muslims get up early in the morning and express their everyday prayers before going out to perform the congregational prayers.
- In this celebration, Muslims offer a specific salat (Islamic prayer) which is generally offered in an open field or a huge hall or the idgah.
- Salat is performed distinctly in assembly (jama’at) and has an extra additional six ‘takbirs’ (lifting of the hands to the ears while saying “Allahu Akbar” which signifies “God is the greatest”).
- After the prayers, Muslims visit their family members, friends and associates or hold huge collective festivals at home or community halls.
- Eid gifts, known as ‘eidi’, are given to children and close family members
- Every Muslim household feasts on sewaiyaan kheer, which is why the festival is also called “meethi Eid”.
- During this festival, money is also paid to the poor and needy as an obligatory act of charity.
On this auspicious occasion of Eid ul-Fitr, Ambitiousbaba is giving you a huge discount of 50% on all online test series
♦When will Eid be celebrated in India?
- The date of the festival typically varies from country to country, depending on whether the moon has been seen. The dates for Ramzan and Eid change every year depending on the phases of the moon.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION (DI) 2020 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|