Engineer’s Day 2020: Know About M Visvesvaraya
Mokshagundam Visvesvaraya was one of the India’s best engineers. He was popularly known as ‘Sir MV’.
Every year in India on September 15, the birth anniversary of M Visvesvaraya is celebrated as Engineer’s Day.
- Visvesvaraya was born in 1861 in a Telugu family at Chikkaballapur, approximately 55 km from Bengaluru.
- Both Visvesvaraya’s parents were renowned Sanskrit scholars.
- Visvesvaraya lost his father very early in life.
- He completed his primary education in his hometown and for higher education he later shifted to Bengaluru.
- After finishing his undergraduate degree in Arts, Visvesvaraya changed his path and pursued a degree in civil engineering from the College of Engineering, Pune.
♦Engineer’s Day 2020: Know About M Visvesvaraya
- M Visvesvaraya was an expert in irrigation techniques and flood disaster management.
- M Visvesvaraya became famous for his pioneering work in irrigation techniques and flood control.
- One of M Visvesvaraya’s key contributions was designing the ‘automatic barrier water floodgates’ – installed for the first time at the Khadakvasla Reservoir near Pune in 1903.
- M Visvesvaraya served as the Diwan of Mysore, where he founded the Mysore Soap Factory, Bangalore Agricultural University, State Bank of Mysore and Mysore Iron and Steel Works.
- In 1917, Sir MV founded the Government Engineering College, now known as University Visvesvaraya College of Engineering.
- M Visvesvaraya was a member of the Governing Council of the Indian Institute of Science in Bangalore.
- Sir MV was also a member of the Governing Council of Tata Iron and Steel Company.
- As a fine engineer and statesman, M Visvesvaraya was made part of a committee constituted in 1917 to advise on the future of Indian States.
- M Visvesvaraya was the architect of the Krishnaraja Sagar Dam, one of the biggest dams in India.
- In 1955, M Visvesvaraya was awarded India’s highest civilian honour, the Bharat Ratna for his immense contribution to the development of the country.
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Click Here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|