English Quiz for RBI ASSISTANT MAINS
Improve your English with English quiz. English Quiz to help you improve your score for exams like Bank, SSC, Railway, UPSC, UPSSSC, CDS, UPTET, KVS, DSSSB and other Government exams.
Direction (1-5): Which of the phrase/ word from the options (a), (b), (c) and (d) given below each sentence should replace the phrase printed in bold letters to make the sentence grammatically correct? If the sentence is correct as it is, mark (e) i.e., “No correction required” as the answer.
Q1. When the police started asking questions, the suspect clammed up.
(a) camped down
(b) clamped up
(c) clam out
(d) clamed off
(e) No Correction Required
Q2. The implication is that these may be black funds and they are to be tracked and the people
behind them will be caught.
(a) are on track
(b) is being tracked
(c) have been tracked
(d) are being tracked
(e) No improvement is required
Q3. I must look after my French before going to Paris next month.
(a) brush in for
(b) catch up
(c) brush up on
(d) bring in on
(e) No Correction Required
Q4. If this is freedom of speech, then it must been curtailed immediately.
(a) have being curtailing
(b) must be curtailed
(c) must have been curtailed
(d) have been curtailed
(e) No correction required
Q5. India has suffered from terrorism. So has Pakistan. And it turns out, now the first world too is not immune.
(a) turning out to
(b) it turns to
(c) it turned out to be
(d) it turning out
(e) No improvement required
Direction (6-10): There are two different sentences with a blank space in each question. Choose the word from the given options which fits into both the blanks appropriately without altering their meanings.
Q6. (1) The ___________ of traffic accidents and drunk driving was attributed to the opening of the new downtown mall.
(2) The gradual ___________ of terror over many years left hundred dead and thousands wounded.
(e)None of the above
Q7. (1) Abraham Lincoln’s _____________ Proclamation declared freedom to slaves in the south.
(2) Hoping to be free from her guardians, the teenager requested _____________ from the court.
Q8. (1) It was feared that there could be a __________________ unsettling of established governments and a new political order could come into being, oriented away from the traditional leadership of the region.
(2) The _____________migration of the bird species occurs every year around the same time, when they all migrate to a warmer climate
Q9. (1) The French President Emmanuel Macron’s new centrist party is ______________ poised for a landslide victory in the parliamentary elections.
(2) The opinion of parliament on two other questions during the session was, ______________, influenced by events in France.
(e)All of the above
Q10. (1) Parliament takes pride in asserting the supremacy of the institution, at times even ignoring what it perceives as judicial _______________ in its functioning.
(2) It would have been enough to have cured the whole Roxburghe Club from _______________ with libraries and books forever and ever.
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2019 E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- WhatsApp Group Join here
- Telegram Group:- Click Here
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here