Table of Contents
Father of Indian nuclear program: Dr. Homi J Bhabha
India observes the birth anniversary of the father of India’s nuclear programme Dr Homi Jehangir Bhabha on 30th October every year. He was the visionary scientist and gave shape the country’s initial policies to emerge as a scientific power. He was the one who visualised a powerful and self-reliant India in the field of nuclear science. It is 114th birth anniversary of Homi. J. Bhabha on this year.
Dr. Homi J Bhabha:
Born: 30 October 1909
He was born in Bombay in a renowned Parsi family. Bhabha, with his PhD degree in theoretical physics, worked at the Cavendish Laboratory.
He gave invaluable contributions in the field of science which is being continued to inspire generations of young and innovative minds in the country.
Contributions of him:
- Dr Bhabha had initially been keen on the positron theory and cosmic ray physics. However, with the passing of time, his interests were inclined to the other strands of physics and mathematics.
- At the time of pursuing his PhD, he made major contribution to major inventions in the Cavendish Laboratory at Cambridge.
- He elaborated relativistic exchange scattering, which is known as ‘Bhabha Scattering’.
- The theory of the production of electron and positron showers in cosmic rays- ‘Bhabha-Heitler theory’ and the relativistic time dilation effects in the decaying of meson have also been given by Dr. Homi J Bhabha.
Establishment of TIFR:
Dr Bhabha returned to India and established the Cosmic Ray Research Unit. He gave major contribution toward establishment of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research in Mumbai.
In 1944 he began to research nuclear weapons and set up the Atomic Energy Commission.
- He was famous across the world due to his big researches especially contribution to the development of atomic energy.
- He was the president of the United Nations Conference on the Peaceful Uses of Atomic Energy in 1955.
- He was the president of the International Union of Pure and Applied Physics from 1960 to 1963.
Honors and awards:
- Dr Bhabha was honoured with the Adams Prize by the University of Cambridge in 1942.
- The Government of India honoured Dr. Homi J Bhabha with the third highest civilian award Padma Bhushan in 1954
- He was the Fellow of the Royal Society by the Royal Society, London.
Recommended PDF’s for 2023:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2023 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|