Government of India approved the production of AK-203 assault rifles
Team Ambitiousbaba and AB are here with a Current Affairs Special Series. In this series, candidates will be introduced to current affairs topics daily, which will not only improve their general awareness but also will ensure that the candidates do not lack in any current affairs topic. Today’s Current Affairs topic is “Government of India approved the production of AK-203 assault rifles”
The Government of India has given its approval to a plan of producing about more than five lakh AK-203 assault rifles at Korwa in Amethi. This step would be described as an attempt to give a big boost to self-reliance in defence manufacturing. Uttar Pradesh is on its path to become a defence manufacturing hub of India.
The deal of AK-203 riffles:
- In February 2019 India has announced to sign an inter Government agreement (IGA) for AK-203 rifles with Russia.
- This decision is reflecting the shifting process of image in defence acquisition from buy (global) to make in India. This effort will be helping to achieve excellence in defence with partnership with Russia and reflecting the deepening partnership between the two countries in the defence sector.
Advantages of this project:
- The project will make job creation opportunities to various MSMEs and other defence industries for providing of raw material and components.
- It will increase the operational strength of the Indian Army in counterterrorism and counter insurgency operations.
Specifications of AK-203 assault rifles:
- The 7.62 X 39mm caliber AK-203 rifles will supersede in-service INSAS Rifle which was induced in defence over 30 years of time.
- AK-203 assault rifles have an effective range of 300 meters and lightweight. It is robust and easy to use modern assault rifles with turned out technology that will raise the combat potential of soldiers to adequately meet present and conceived of operational challenges.
- Its empty weight is just 3.8 kg (lightweight), its magazine has 30 rounds of continues firing and its range of sighting is 800 meter.
- The project will be carried out by a special purpose joint venture called Indo-Russian Rifles Private Ltd (IRRPL). It has been made with formerly OFB [now Advanced Weapons and Equipment India Limited (AWEIL) and Munitions India Limited (MIL)] of India and Rosoboronexport (RoE) and concern Kalashnikov of Russia.
- During the Defence Expo 2020 in Lucknow it has been announced that the IRRPL facility in Amethi would produce 75,000 AK-203 annually for 10 years.
Finalization of Deal:
The deal worth is around more than Rs.5000 crore which might to be signed on December 6 during the visit of Russian president Vladimir Putin to India. He has already made a plan to visit India on December 6 and 7 for the annual summit and inaugural of 2+2 ministerial dialogue.
Question & Answer:
Q1. With which country India is going to finalize its Ak-203 assault rifles deal?
Q2. How much worth a deal of India-Russia AK-203 rifles?
Ans. More than Rs.5 thousand crore (Rs.5100 crore about)
Q3. In which state Indian made AK-203 assault rifles will be produced?
Ans. Uttar Pradesh (Korwa, Amethi)
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|