How to clear SBI PO in the first attempt?
In this article, we will deal with the fact that you can crack the SBI PO in the very 1st attempt. All you have to do is follow some basic steps. The key to success to clear banking exams is just practice. Nothing else can give you success.
We will talk about the preparation for prelims and mains separately as both the exam is quite different in nature and you are going to need a different skill set for cracking these exams. However, syllabus for these exams are the same but the difficulty level of the question, the pattern of the questions, etc. will vary.
You will have to work on your speed and accuracy both. But you have to keep in mind that in the prelims examination speed matters a lot. Increase your speed in Reasoning and Quant.
To increase speed in Quant, you can do the following:
- On a daily basis, create 25 ques. each of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division and try to solve them fast.
- Remember tables up to 25 at least.
- Remember squares (up to 30) and cubes (up to 20). After remembering these, practice short tricks for evaluating squares (up to 125), square roots and cube roots,
- Remember Fraction to percentage values.
- These are the basic practice you must do before going to the next step.
- After you have done all this, then start solving 20 simplifications question on a daily basis (all of the above pre-requisites will help in this).
- Also, practice Missing and Wrong number series (15 ques. each) daily.
- Try to prepare topics in a sequence, for example, try to do ratio first then percentage topic as ratio will help u a lot in percentage chapter then afterwards do SI and CI as both ratio and percentage are used in this chapter. So try to do Quant in this manner.
To increase speed in reasoning just do 3-4 puzzles & seating arrangements and practice 15-20 miscellaneous questions daily (we provide reasoning question daily on our website).
Note: Box and uncertain puzzle Must
- After your syllabus is completed. Give mock test daily, and work on those questions which you find difficult or which take more time in the mock test (test.ambitiousbaba.com).
- For prelims exam, you don’t need to practice tough and lengthy questions because in prelims very easy questions are asked. They just try to test your speed there in the Pre.
For English section, read English newspaper to improve your English (Likes Ambitiousbaba.com The Hindu Editorial VOCAB).
- To improve your English vocabulary, you should make a habit of reading the English newspaper. This will also benefit you in the Interview round.
- By doing this all, you will easily clear prelims.
♦Mains exam preparation
Mains examination is very different from the prelims and you will need a different approach here. In the mains examination, you don’t need speed, but accuracy will play a crucial role here. E.g. if you will only solve 8-10 questions in a particular section (Quant or reasoning) but your accuracy is 100% your chances of clearing mains is high as the mains’ cut-offs are low. The section-wise cut off is also very low so you will clear it easily with accuracy even if you attempt a few questions.
- The difficulty level of questions in mains is much higher than the prelims. So, just keep in mind that accuracy is the key here.
- For accuracy, you need to have your concepts clear about every topic.
- If you have cracked prelims that means your concepts are already clear.
Now, you only need to work on the GA portion.
- Here we have completely got your back. You don’t have to go anywhere else. We try to provide everything related to the general awareness preparation that you will need.
- Study daily, weekly current affairs and then monthly PDFs from ambitiousbaba.com.
- You will have to read current affairs on a daily basis, and revise it once every week and then finally before the exam.
- First, read daily current affairs from our app/website every day and practice MCQ questions. Give 1 hour (not more than that) daily to current affairs.
- Weekly one-liners pdf is also made available on ambitiousbaba.com from which you have to revise it every week.
Then Ambitiousbaba.com provides The Hindu review and 200+ MCQ every month, from where you can revise all the current affairs at the end of the month.
Ambitiousbaba.com also provides 6 months CA capsule for every separate exam, in which all the current affairs are arranged section-wise. So, this will help you a lot, as you won’t have to make notes of current affairs section-wise and month-wise to revise all the stuff.
Before the Mains exam, give more time to cover the last 6 months’ current affairs portion as it will give you a lead in the exam.
- Static GK is no longer the important part (hardly 1-2 question comes) of Banking & Insurance examinations. Banking and Financial awareness do come in the mains but most of the questions are related to the current banking topics. History and static questions from Banking awareness don’t come nowadays. Try not to waste your time going behind these histories and all that.
- You should read the current affairs related to banking and finance very deeply as the examiner these days asks questions from anywhere. Ambitiousbaba.com provides Banking and financial awareness capsule before the exam. If you will read this capsule that will be enough to clear this section.
- Give Mock test (test.ambitiousbaba.com) for mains daily or once in two days after prelims. But the most important thing is that always analyze your mock test, analyze your sectional scoring and performance. Work on your weak subjects and topics. Practice the questions which you were unable to do in the mock test. Try to solve as many questions as possible.
At last, one thing is most important that you have to maintain regularity.
The descriptive section of SBI PO Mains is as follows:
- Total Marks: 50
- Total Time: 30
- Number of Questions: 2
- Question Type: Essay + Letter Writing (formal / informal)
Note: Preparation of recent trending topics
♦Group Discussion (GD)
SBI PO GROUP DISCUSSION PROCESS
- There is a group 3 to 4 persons and they discuss about same topic. Some suggest advantage and some disadvantage of the topic. Other gives the conclusion of the topic.
- After seeing this topic what your view. It is right or wrong.
- You have to give facts regarding the topic and discuss about it. Do not write only true or false.
Note: GD Time for preparation of recent trending topics
♦Interview Tips and Tricks
Interview is all about two things only =”Content – what to speak” + “Mode of Delivery – How to speak”. So, in all below points we will give you tips on both part.
- Be attacking rather than defensive: Your first 3-4 minutes are very crucial although it is not deciding factor, but you may build a perfect impression in those minutes. Keep one thing in mind- First 2-3 questions will be only for your details, which no one knows better than you and you can’t be wrong for that. So 1stpart ‘Content’ is 100% ok, now 2nd part ‘Mode of Delivery’ is only thing that candidate has to focus. You just be yourself and make a perfect eye contact with each one who are present there in panel and just speak your heart out.
- Hold your nerves– As you are just one step away from your job, so it is most natural and clear obvious that everyone is having fear of losing and eventually panic. But believe in one thing that it happens to everyone not only you! So, does it means they are not going to select any one. Those who may hold their nerves only for 5-10 minutes will win the race. Whatever fear and panic you are, just forget for at least 10 minutes as soon as you enter in panel room. Consider a situation you are trapped in locked room and you have to escape- do you think of plan or just be panic. Similarly, you have to keep your mind open in that room.
- Relax before interview: Had a good sleep a night before. You just forget that you are going for an interview and just jerk off if any thought is prickling in your mind while sleeping.
- Is language barrier:Don’t think about your speaking language is barrier or hurdle. Whichever language you are comfortable – start speaking on that. Let interviewer should ask about comfort ability. An important scenario here: If Interviewer asks any question in English and you just started replying in Hindi. Here wait for a minute and observe either interviewer again asking question in English or Hindi. If that is Hindi, you are now on a comfortable seat and go on. If again he asks question in English you have to be bit diplomatic here and reply very humbly here like: Sir, I may reply to your question in English also, but I am more comfortable in Hindi. Do you want me to go on with Hindi? That’s all.. You won a point here. Taking permission is the biggest point in any game. Depending upon his answer, you please continue. So here Content and mode of delivery – both will be 100% OK.
- Drive the Car:Last but not least, this is most important part of your interview. Drive the car here means drive the interview as the way you want to. You may not be seating on driving seat of the car but you may navigate the route to driver. Exactly the same you have to do here – If you are giving question confidently – Interviewers are bound to go in that direction only. If you know something, you may drive them in that direction. Interviewer will also love to go with your flows.
- Cover all the important topic of your graduation and post graduation subjects: In interview it is very necessary to have knowledge about your domain subjects. It always gives you an edge over others and always have a good impression on the interviewer.
So try to revise all the important topics or have at least some knowledge about main topics of your graduation and post graduation.
Be True, confident, active and most important well dressed up. I have never seen any interviewer comes up with a mind set to test your technical skills. They are just to check your way of representation. So go with full preparedness and it is just an advice have a small mock interview of yourself 2-3 days earlier in front of mirror and prepare few question like this:
- Introduce yourself.
- Your interest areas.
- Examination related topic like banking awareness.
If you need any suggestion or you have any query, please ask at email@example.com.
All the best for your future
Thanks & Regard
Telegram Group: Join
Online Mock Test Available on App as well as Web:
How to Access on App:-
- Go to Playstore search Ambitious Baba or Click here to Install App
- After Install Login with Google Account or Facebook Account
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|I challenge you will get Best Content in Our PDFs with Detail solutions and Latest Pattern|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2020E-book||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|High Level DATA INTERPRETATION Practice E-BOOK||Get PDF here|
- Telegram Channel: Click here
- Like & Follow our Facebook Page:- Click here
- Join our Facebook Group:- Click Here