India got its first national maritime security coordinator
Team Ambitiousbaba are here with a Current Affairs Special Series. In this series, candidates will be introduced to current affairs topics daily, which will not only improve their general awareness but also will ensure that the candidates do not lack in any current affairs topic. Today’s Current Affairs topic is “India got its first national maritime security coordinator”
Retired Vice Admiral G Ashok Kumar has been appointed as the India’s first national maritime security coordinator by the government. Government of India has taken the decisive move to ensure reliability on security and its objective to strengthen the country’s maritime security.
Newly created post:
- The Cabinet Committee chaired by PM Narendra Modi on Security had given its nod to the proposal for the creation of the post late last year.
- The NMSC (National Maritime Security Coordinator) will be working with coordination with the National Security Council Secretariat which is headed by NSA Ajit Doval.
- The main task will be given to NMSC to make coordination among the Indian Navy, the Coast Guard, security agencies those tangled in coastal and maritime security and 13 coastal states and Union Territories.
Need for this post:
- Since the Mumbai terror attack, the government has taken a thread of security measures including putting in place layered maritime surveillance to advance coastal and maritime security.
- As India has a huge coastline of around 7,500-kilometres, it has to be secured for country’s integrity and safety.
- The government has increased its focus on ensuring cooperation among all maritime stakeholders to enhance India’s maritime security and surveillance in view of multiple security challenges.
G Ashok Kumar:
- The appointment of G Ashok Kumar is based on his significance role in India’s consistent efforts to bolster its maritime security following the 26/11 Mumbai terror attack 14 years back.
- He was served as 35th Navy vice chief of India.
- Vice Admiral G. Ashok Kumar retired from service in July 2021 after 39 years of service.
Question & Answer:
Q1. Who has been appointed as the India’s first national maritime security coordinator?
Ans. G. Ashok Kumar
Q2. Who is the defence minister of India?
Ans. Rajnath Singh
Q3. National maritime security coordinator will be working with which one?
Ans. National Security Council Secretariat
Q4. Who is the head of the National Security Council Secretariat?
Ans. National Security Advisor Ajit Doval
2022 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|