India launched new era of technology ‘5G service’
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched 5G telephony services in selected cities at the 6th India Mobile Congress at Pragati Maidan in Delhi on Saturday.
The launch has been taken place during the four days inauguration of India’s biggest technology festival India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2022.
6th India Mobile Congress:
PM Narendra Modi has inaugurated the 6th edition of India Mobile Congress which is the platform for leading thinkers, entrepreneurs, innovators, and government officials to discuss and showcase unique opportunities emerging from the rapid adoption and spread of digital technology.
The theme of 6th edition of India Mobile Congress is “New digital Universe”.
Features of 5G services:
- It is capable of supporting ultra-high-speed internet on mobile phones.
- It offers speed multiple times faster than 4G that supports lag-free connectivity and can enable billions of connected devices to share data in real-time.
- The 5G services will help in providing seamless coverage, high data rate, low latency, and highly reliable communications.
- It can increase energy efficiency, spectrum efficiency and network efficiency.
Benefits of 5G services:
- The 5G services will benefit in precision drone-based farming; high-security routers and AI-based cyber threat detection platforms; automated guided vehicles; smart ambulances; augmented reality/virtual reality /mix reality in education and skill development; sewage monitoring system; smart-agri programmes and health diagnostics.
- The enhanced technology service is capable to enable solutions such as e-health, connected vehicles, more-immersive augmented reality and metaverse experiences, life-saving use cases, and advanced mobile cloud gaming.
- The main benefit of 5G services is to help in connecting billions of Internet of Things devices, allow higher quality video services with mobility at high speed, and delivery of critical services such as tele-surgery and autonomous cars.
- The 5G services help in real-time monitoring of disasters and in minimizing the role of humans in dangerous industrial operations such as in deep mines, offshore activities etc.
- 5G technology will grant tailoring of requirements for each of these different uses within the same network.
The Journey after 5G:
- It will progressively cover the entire country over the next couple of years.
- The cumulative economic impact of 5G on India is figured to attain USD 450 billion by 2035.
- The fifth generation or 5G service is projected to unleash new economic opportunities and societal benefits.
Question & Answer:
Q1. Who has launched the 5G services in India today (i.e.1st October)?
Ans. PM Narendra Modi
Q2. At which place India’s biggest technology festival India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2022 is being organized?
Ans. Pragati Maiden, New Delhi
Q3. What is the theme of 6th India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2022?
Ans. New digital Universe