India unveiled revolutionary ‘Agnipath’ scheme for recruitment
Team Ambitiousbaba are here with a Current Affairs Special Series. In this series, candidates will be introduced to current affairs topics daily, which will not only improve their general awareness but also will ensure that the candidates do not lack in any current affairs topic. Today’s Current Affairs topic is “India unveiled revolutionary ‘Agnipath’ scheme for recruitment“
The government unveiled the Agnipath recruitment scheme for India’s armed forces. The scheme is anticipated to revolutionize the recruitment for the three wings of Indian armed force i.e. Army, Air Force and Navy.
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh gave details of the new initiative after the Prime Minister-led Cabinet Committee on Security has approved the scheme which the government said would grant “patriotic and motivated” youth to serve in the armed forces for a period of four years.
The new scheme will grant individuals eligible to work for armed forces both for shorter and longer term tenures. Those who will duty under the scheme will be known as ‘Agniveers’.
Here all important points are covered:
- Recruitment will be started in 90 days.
- The average age profile of Indian Armed forces will be reduced by about 4-5 years.
- Agniveers will be compensated one time ‘SevaNidhi’ package of approximately Rs 11.71 lakh.
- This ‘Seva Nidhi’ will facilitate Agniveer to pursue his/her future dreams without the financial pressure.
- The ‘Seva Nidhi’ will be nontaxable under Income Tax act.
- Almost 46,000 people will be recruited under the scheme.
- Agniveer will also be qualified for awards, medals and insurance.
- The Agniveers will be bestowed with various military skills and experience, discipline, physical fitness, leadership qualities, courage and patriotism.
- The first four years will not be considered for the fixation of the final pensionary benefits.
- After 4 years only 25% will be maintained or re-enlisted in the regular cadre based on merit willingness and medical fitness.
- After the qualification for all procurers, they are allowed to serve a full term of 15 years.
- Registration will be done through an online centralized system for all three services with specialized rallies and campus interviews from recognized technical institutes such as Industrial Training Institutes and National Skills Qualifications Framework, among others.
Question & Answer:
Q1. What is the name of recruitment scheme which recently unveiled by government for the armed forces?
Q2. Individuals who are eligible to work for armed forces will be called as what?
Q3. How much monthly salary given to Agniveers for their service?
Ans. Rs.30, 000 to Rs.40, 000
Q4. What are the tenures of short term service and long term service respectively?
Ans. 4 years for short term service and 15 years for long term service
Q5. Is the ‘Seva Nidhi’ received by Agniveers will be taxable or not?
Ans. The amount given under ‘Seva Nidhi’ will be exempted from Income tax
Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Reasoning Topic-Wise PDF||Get PDF Here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|