Indian Navy Day 2020: All you need to know about
♦Indian Navy Day 2020
Navy Day in India is celebrated on 4 December every year to recognize the achievements and role of the Indian Navy to the country.
Theme 2020: Indian Navy Combat Ready, Credible and Cohesive.
The theme sends message that India is keenly watching the moves of the Chinese in the Indian Ocean Region and the Indian Navy is combat ready to encounter the Chinese forces anytime. The message includes Pakistani forces as well.
- Indian Airforce Day: 8 October
- Indian Army Day: 15 January
About Indian Navy
- Founded: 26 January 1950
- Chief of the Naval Staff (CNS): Admiral Karambir Singh, PVSM, AVSM
- Vice Chief of the Naval Staff (VCNS): Vice Admiral G. Ashok Kumar, AVSM, VSM
- Deputy Chief of the Naval Staff (DCNS): Vice Admiral M. S. Pawar, AVSM, VSM
- Commander-in-Chief: President Ram Nath Kovind
- Note: A four-star admiral is appointed as the Chief of Indian Navy and he commands the navy. The Indian Navy was founded in 1612 in order to protect the British merchant ships.
Reason for celebrating Navy Day
- Navy Day in India originally coincided with the Royal Navy’s Trafalgar Day. In 1944, the Royal Indian Navy celebrated Navy Day in October, the month of its commissioning in 1944. In 1945, after World War 2, Navy Day was celebrated on 1 December. On the night of 30 November 1945, on the eve of the Navy Day celebrations, Indian ratings painted the slogans such as Inqualab Zindabad. But the old traditions of the British Navy gave way to new reasons to celebrate the day.
- Navy Day in India is now celebrated to commemorate Operation Trident,which was the attack on the Karachi harbor during the Indo-Pakistan war (on 4 December 1971) by the Indian Naval Missile boats as well in to reverence all the martyrs of that war. During the attack, Indian sailors communicated in Russian to avoid detection. No Indian sailors were killed in the attack
- The Operation Trident was launched in the night of December 4. During the attack Indian Navy ravaged the fuel Storage tankers at Pakistan Naval headquarters located in Karachi. The Indian Navy also sinked 4 of the Pakistani boats and killed 500 Pakistani Naval personal. This included minesweepers and destroy us as well.
- For the first time India deployed and anti-ship missile during the India Pakistan war of 1971. The operation Trident was followed by operation Python.
Why was Operation Trident launched?
- In the evening of December 3, 1971, Pakistan attacked Indian Air bases. In response to the attack the Indian Defence Force launched Operation Trident. Three high speed missile boats namely Nirghat, Nipat, Veer were dispatched towards the Karachi port.
- After the first attack during operation Trident, the Pakistan Navy attempted to outsmart the Indian Navy by mingling with merchant ships. The operation Python was launched to counter this move of the Pakistan Navy.
Click to Subscribe Our Youtube Channel for Free Complete Banking & Insurance Course
Click here to Buy SBI PO 2020 Online Test Series
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
Most important PDF’s for Bank, SSC, Railway and Other Government Exam : Download PDF Now
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|