Indian Navy get 4th Scorpene-class submarine
Team Ambitiousbaba and AB are here with a Current Affairs Special Series. In this series, candidates will be introduced to current affairs topics daily, which will not only improve their general awareness but also will ensure that the candidates do not lack in any current affairs topic. Today’s Current Affairs topic is “Indian Navy get 4th Scorpene-class submarine”
The Indian Navy is going to commission INS Vela in Mumbai. It is the fourth Scorpene-class submarine, out of six. The commissioning of INS Vela will enhance the combating capacity of Indian Navy. INS Vela is going to be commissioner by Chief of Naval Staff Admiral Karambir Singh.
The commissioning of INS Vela and other its Scorpene class submarines has been done under Project 75, which integrates construction of six submarines of the Scorpene class. These submarines can handle various missions such as anti-surface warfare, anti-submarine warfare, intelligence gathering, mine laying, and area surveillance with their full capabilities.
Three of commissioned submarines: Kalvari, Khanderi, Karanj
Details about INS Vela:
- Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Ltd has built the submarine in collaboration with M/s Naval Group of France.
- INS Vela is considered to advanced stealth and combat capabilities when it involves to pursuing with the enemy.
- Some of these features are advanced acoustic silencing techniques, low radiated noise levels, hydro-dynamically optimized shape and the ability to launch a laming attack on the enemy using precision-guided weapons.
- The previous avatar of INS Vela was commissioned on August 31, 1973 and it delivered service to the nation for 37 eventful years before it was decommissioned on June 25, 2010.
- Attacks can be attained using both torpedoes as well as tube-launched anti-ship missiles at the same time either in underwater or on surface.
- It is designed to act as ‘sea denial’ as well as ‘access denial’ warfare to the adversary
- INS Kalvari is the first submarine in the Scorpene series which was launched in October 2015 and was commissioned in December 2017.
- The second one, INS Khanderi was launched in January 2017 and commissioned in September 2019.
- The third submarine, INS Karanj was launched in January 2018 and commissioned in March 2021. INS Vela is the fourth
- The fifth one, INS Vagir was launched in November 2020 and has commenced its harbor trials. It is expected to travel for its maiden surface sortie in December 2021.
- The sixth submarine, INS Vagsheer is in the final phase of fitting out.
Question & Answer:
Q1. Name the fourth Scorpene class submarine which is going to be commissioned?
Ans. INS Vela
Q2. Who will commission the fourth Scorpene class submarine ‘INS Vela’?
Ans. Admiral Karambir Singh (Chief of Naval Staff)
Q3. Give the name of fifth and sixth Scorpene class submarine.
Ans. Fifth- INS Vagir, Sixth- INS Vagsheer
Q4. Which defence equipment manufacturing company has built ‘INS Vela’?
Ans. Mazagaon Dock Shipbuilders Limited (based in Mumbai)
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|