All you need to know about Kargil Vijay Diwas
Today marks the completion of 22 years of the Kargil War. Kargil Vijay Diwas is observed on the 26th of July every year. On this date in 1999 India effectively took command of the high outposts. The Kargil war was battled for over 60 days and ended on 26 July 1999. Kargil Vijay Diwas is celebrated on 26 July consistently to pay tribute to the Kargil War’s Heroes. This day is celebrated in the Kargil–area and in New Delhi, where the Prime Minister of India pays homage to the troopers at the ‘eternal flame’, Amar Jawan Jyoti at India Gate every year. Functions are also organized all around the nation to honor the contributions of the military.
Throughout the colder time of the year 1998–1999, a few components of the Pakistani Armed Forces were secretly preparing and sending Pakistani soldiers and paramilitary powers, into region on the Indian side of the line of control (LOC). The point of the Pakistani attack was to cut off the connection among Kashmir and Ladakh and cause Indian powers to pull out from the Siachen Glacier, thus forcing India to negotiate a settlement of the broader Kashmir dispute.
The Government of India responded with Operation Vijay, a deployment of 200,000 Indian soldiers.
Later articulations by Pakistan’s Prime Minister and Chief of Army Staff showed the involvement of Pakistani paramilitary powers, driven by General Ashraf Rashid.
- While trying to stop the circumstance, the two nations signed the Lahore Declaration in February 1999.
- This vowed to give a peaceful and bilateral solution to the Kashmir conflict.
- The war resulted in the loss of many lives on both sides.
- 527 Indian soldiers were martyred while more than 1,300 were injured during the war.
Kargil Vijay Diwas 2021 celebrations
- On the eve of Kargil Diwas , the epic battles of Tololing, Tiger Hill and others were recalled and 559 lamps lit at the Kargil War Memorial in the Drass area of Ladakh.
- Top military officers, family members of the army personnel, and others were present to mark the 22nd Kargil Vijay Diwas celebrations commencement.
- A grave function was organized in Jammu and Kashmir’s Udhampur to sound the cornet of celebrations of 22 years of triumph of Kargil War, but all Covid-19 conventions were completely followed during the whole occasion.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi said that India will celebrate this day as ‘Amrut Mahotsav’.
Yearly Subscription for Current Affairs (Feb 2021 – Feb 2022) Mock Tests
2021 Preparation Kit PDF
Most important PDF’s for Bank, SSC, Railway and Other Government Exam : Download PDF Now
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Click Here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|