In any competitive exam, time management is the key to success & it becomes more important if you talk about the Banking Prelims Exam. We are sure that you must be practicing a lot for the IBPS Clerk Prelims 2018. Along with practice, you need to know how to manage your time so that you don’t end up losing marks. As you know that IBPS CLERK Prelims 2018 is scheduled to take place on 8th, 9th, 15th, 16th December 2018. So here are last minute Tips for IBPS Clerk Prelims that will help you get through your exam.
Time Management Tips for IBPS Clerk Prelims 2018
♠ Know How Much Time do you Really Have in Hands
IBPS Clerk exam paper has 100 questions worth 100 marks. You have only 60 minutes to solve all the questions in which 20 minutes you have for each section. Also, remember that wrong answers carry a penalty of 0.25 marks.
♠ Time Management Tips for IBPS Clerk – Reasoning
The reasoning section will have 35 questions. The questions asked in this section are trickier and complex. Questions from the reasoning section consume more time when compared to other sections.
- Attempt the questions which are easy.
- Don’t get stuck on one question.
- You must have either devised or learnt question-specific tricks in your practice sessions.
- If you find the questions to be tough and time-consuming, skip them or come back to at the end when the time is left.
There might be some topics in reasoning which might not come in the exam, so accordingly adjust the time for the remaining topics like Linear and circular seating arrangements and puzzles.
♠ Time Management Tips for IBPS Clerk – Quantitative Aptitude
The Quantitative Aptitude section may be the most difficult and tiring section among all the sections. It comprises of 35 questions.
- The more you practice the more are your chances of cracking the IBPS Clerk Prelims 2018.
- Make sure to practice all the smart ways and learn all the speed math techniques before the IBPS Clerk Prelims 2018.
You need to have a clear idea of concepts and formula before applying it for a question. Do not to use guess-work in the paper as there is negative marking. All these topics are of high importance and high scoring. We suggest you to attempt these topics first and then you can head to miscellaneous topic question like Averages, Interest, Profit & Loss, Time and work, in your remaining time.
♠ Time Management Tips for IBPS Clerk – English Language
The English section tests your proficiency in Vocabulary, Grammar and Basic English Language Comprehension. Your knowledge in this section will put you in a better position to further get selected in the recruitment process. Try to strengthen your hold over vocabulary and grammar for scoring maximum marks.
If you are good at Reading Comprehension we advise you to attempt it in beginning only or else in the end. Do not take more than 6-7 minutes if you are doing it in the beginning. Now let’s have a look at the order of attempt and topic wise time allocation.
For those who are running short of time we advise them to at least attempt synonyms/antonyms question in the reading comprehension as they will not take more than 2 minutes.
♠ Some more Tips before you are going to attempt the exam
- Know your strengths and weaknesses before you go in for the exam. Attempt the questions that you know you can sail through. The exam is no time for you to experiment.
- Now that you have looked through all the time management tips, we advise you to go through the subject wise topic distribution for IBPS Clerk Prelims and also get the access to study material/formula sheets/IBPS clerk quiz.
- Questions in the Reasoning and Quant sections can be time-consuming. Identify the short ones without too many calculations and attempt those first.
- Forget about the questions you drop. You will definitely lose marks if you obsess over dropped questions.
- Do not play a guess game as you will lose more marks due to negative marking. Try to do mental calculations wherever you can. Don’t waste time putting everything on paper. Keep calm before the paper, and reach the exam center on time so that you do not have a sense of hurry and can attempt the whole exam with ease.
- Attempt Mock Test: Practicing maximum number of Speed test will help in improving your accuracy and time management.
- Having a perfect knowledge about the study plan can also help in managing time. Click the below link for a scheduled study plan to ace up your preparation.
- Stay motivated and confident. Practice as much as you can and nothing can stop you from achieving your goal.
- Practice more questions for IBPS Clerk Exam & improve your weak areas through the Quizzes.