LIC AAO MAINS 2019 Exam Analysis, Review & Questions Asked in exam:
As the LIC AAO Mains exam is scheduled on 28th June 2019 and the wait is now over. LIC AAO Mains exam is over now and here we are coming out with the Detailed Analysis and Review of today’s LIC AAO Mains exam.
The exam was conducted in a single shift from 10.00 am to 12.30 pm. The overall level of the exam was moderate to difficult.
You can go through the detailed exam analysis of LIC AAO Main exam 2019 in this exam review post. In this post, we will share the LIC AAO Mains Exam analysis, major highlights, difficulty level, types of questions asked in the exam, and overall good attempts.
LIC AAO Main Exam Pattern 2019
The main examination consists of objective tests for 300 marks and descriptive test for 25 marks. Both of these exams were conducted online. The objective test has separate sectional timing.
The pattern of LIC AAO (Generalist)
|Name of Tests||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Minimum Qualifying Marks||Time allotted for each section|
|Reasoning Ability||30||90||40||45||40 minutes|
|General Knowledge, Current Affairs||30||60||27||30||20 minutes|
|Data Interpretation & Analysis||30||90||40||45||40 minutes|
|Insurance and Financial Market Awareness||30||60||27||30||20 minutes|
|English Language (Letter writing & Essay)||2||25**||9||10||30 minutes|
** English Language test was of qualifying nature and the marks in the English Language will not be counted for the merit list.
NOTE: There is NO negative marking. Candidates should avoid random guessing as accuracy will be taken into account.
Reasoning Ability (Easy-Moderate)
The Reasoning Ability section in LIC AAO main 2019 consisted of 30 questions of 3 marks each. Minimum qualifying marks in Reasoning Ability section is 45. There were 3 sets of Puzzles & Seating Arrangement. Overall the level of reasoning section was Easy-Moderate. Types of puzzles asked:
- Circular Puzzle (8 people (family), all were facing inside, candidates needed to calculate blood relation)
- Parallel Seating Arrangement (5 people each side based on colour)
- Day Based Puzzle (based on age & name)
|Topic||No. of Questions||Level|
Seating Arrangement and Puzzles
Syllogism (based on only and few concept)
Logical Reasoning (Course of Action)
Logical Reasoning (Statement & Assumption)
Logical Reasoning (Argument)
Order & Ranking (7 people, arrangement on the basis of weight)
Data Analysis & Interpretation (Moderate)
The Data Analysis & Interpretation section in LIC AAO main 2019 consisted of 30 questions of 3 marks each. Minimum qualifying marks in Data Analysis & Interpretation section is 45. There were 3 sets of Data Interpretation questions. Types of DIs asked:
- Missing DI ( college students, Boys & Girls, 8th-12th class)
- Tabular DI (number of students studying in 6 colleges)
- Caselet DI (Based on Day, Monday Tuesday, Wednesday. Number of male/female who visited different store)
The missing DI was of moderate level but students faced some challenges in Caselet as well as Tabular DI.
|Topic||No. of Questions||Level|
|Data Sufficiency (2 statements)||5||Easy-Moderate|
|Arithmetic Word Problems||4||Moderate|
LIC AAO Mains Exam Analysis 2019: GA & Current Affairs Section
Question asked in General Awareness/Current Affairs section
Number of questions: 30
The level of the GA & Current Affairs section was moderate. Following are the question asked in this section:
1. The Simbex exercise was held between? Indian Navy and the Republic of Singapore Navy
2. SCO summit 2019 was held in which country? Kyrgyzstan
3. Cyril Ramaphosa is a president of which country? South Africa
4. Lok Sabha constituency of Arjun Munda? Khunti South Jharkhand
5. Lok Sabha constituency of Arjun Munda – Khunti, Jharkhand
6. Lok Sabha constituency of Mahendra Nath Pandey – Chandauli, Uttar Pradesh
7. The Simbex exercise was held between? Indian Navy and the Republic of Singapore Navy
8. SCO summit 2019 was held in which country? Kyrgyzstan
9. Cyril Ramaphosa is a president of which country? South Africa
10. Dinyar Contractor who recently passed away was related to which profession – Veteran comedian, theatre and film actor
11. The Indian Navy’s first full-fledged Services Selection Board (SSB) is launched in – Kolkata
12. Manas Wildlife Sanctuary is located in – Assam
13. Man Booker International Prize 2019: Jokha Alharthi wins for Celestial Bodies is related to which country – Oman
14. Elephanta Caves Festival was held in – Mumbai, Maharashtra
15. Rahi Sarnobat is related to which sports – Shooting
16. IndianOil, Bharat Petroleum Corporation (BPCL) and…………….will be laying the world’s longest LPG pipeline, from Kandla (Gujarat) to Gorakhpur (UP) – Hindustan Petroleum Corp Ltd
17. Darlipali Super Thermal Power Station is located in which state –Odisha
18. The Lakhwar dam is located in which state – Uttarakhand
19. Volcano Eruption recently held in Mount Sinabung in which country –Indonesia
20. Which day is observed on 11th July – World Population Day
21. ‘Hawa Ane De’ is a campaign launched by which ministry – Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change
22. The Chagos Archipelago or Chagos Islands is located in which ocean? – Indian Ocean
23. Airbnb will invest $100mn in Indian hotel startup OYO. Airbnb deals in? hospitality service
24. Comptroller and Auditor General of India Rajiv Mehrishi has been elected as – external auditor of the World Health Organization (WHO)
25. Where is the headquarter of UN-Habitat – Nairobi, Kenya
26. India’s first blockchain district located in – Telangana
27. The venue of Asian Cup Football tournament 2023 – China
28. Head of 15th Finance Commission head – N.k.Singh
29. Who is the head of the committee related to New Education policy – K. Kasturirangan
30. Which metro has become first ever to receive power generated from a waste to energy plant? – Delhi Metro
31. Which country has launched the permanent residency scheme (Golden Card) to woo wealthy individuals and exceptional talents? UAE
32. The Indian women’s hockey team came from a goal down to beat Ireland 2-1 and register its second win at the Cantor Fitzgerald U-21 International four-nation tournament where –
33. The Shaheen-II supersonic missile is launched by – Pakistan
34. India’s first National Museum of Indian Cinema (NMIC) was opened in– Mumbai
Analysis of Insurance & Financial Market Awareness Section (Difficult)
Insurance & Financial Market Awareness section has been introduced for the first time by the LIC. This section had 30 questions of 2 marks each. 3-4 questions were based on numericals. Some of the questions asked are as follows:
- PE Ratio
- Numerical related to Income Tax & PF account.
- Re-insurance companies
**LIC AAO Mains Exam Review 2019: English Language (Descriptive Test)
English Language test was of qualifying nature and the marks in the English Language will not be counted for the merit list. The section was divided into two parts –
1. Letter Writing – Candidates has to write a letter in any one of the given topics.
(i) Write a letter to the cousin advising him to take Insurance policy.
(ii) Write a letter to the Branch Manager regarding changes in the address details in your all government ID Proofs.
(iii) Write a letter to the younger brother who has been selected in an Insurance company.
2. Essay – Candidates has to write an essay in any one of the given topics. (200 words)
(i) Benefits of a Travel Insurance
(ii) Views of Financial Market
(iii) Which is better between Mutual Fund & Insurance?
- Mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org to share the types of questions.
- Whatsapp your questions & analysis at 6207581230.