National Youth Day 2021: Know about Swami Vivekananda
National Youth Day or Yuva Diwas is celebrated across the country on Swami Vivekananda‘s birth anniversary on January 12 every year.
Why is National Youth Day celebrated on Swami Vivekananda Birth Anniversary?
- National Youth Day is observed to honor Swami Vivekananda’s many contributions to the country.
- The government of India, in the year 1984, declared his birthday as National Youth Day.
- The main objectiveof National Youth Day is to promote rational thinking among the youth. Youth is expected to rise to the values, principles, and beliefs that Vivekananda lived by.
- The theme of 2021 is ‘YUVAAH – Utsah Naye Bharat Ka.
About Swami Vivekananda
- Born: January 12, 1863
- He was born as Narendranath Datta.
- Introduced the world to the Indian philosophies of Vedanta and Yoga.
- He was a major force in the revival of Hinduism.
- He was a chief disciple of the 19th-century Indian mystic Ramakrishna Paramhansa.
- Laid the greatest emphasis on education for the regeneration of our motherland.
- He advocated a man-making character-building education.
- Established the Ramakrishna Mission in 1897.
- Died: 4 July 1902 at Belur Math.
Some famous slogans of Swami Vivekananda
“Arise! Awake! and stop not until the goal is reached.”
“The greatest religion is to be true to your own nature. Have faith in yourselves.”
“We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far”
“All differences in this world are of degree, and not of kind, because oneness is the secret of everything”
Recommended for RBI Assistant & SBI Clerk Mains
- Computer Capsule for RBI Assistant Mains 2020 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2020
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
2020 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|