PM Modi inaugurated Global Millets Conference
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has released the postal stamp and unveiled the official coin of the International Year of Millets 2023 at the inauguration of the two-day Global Millets Conference in the national capital.
The global conference is witnessing participation from over 100 countries, and several stakeholders attending the event virtually from across the globe.
- Around 2.5 crore small farmers are directly related to millet and get benefitted with global mission on millets.
- Central Government’s mission named ‘Shree Anna’ has been designed for small farmers.
- Shree Anna market would be beneficiary to all small farmers and the associated ecosystem. It will also make strong the rural economy.
- India focuses to make IYM 2023 a people’s movement for the overall benefit of the cultivator, consumer and climate.
International Year of Millets:
- The United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) had declared 2023 as the International Year of Millets (IYM) on March 5, 2021 on the recommendation of India.
- Through this declaration, the UNGA intends to increase awareness of nutri-cereals (millets) for food security and nutrition, enhance investment in R&D and extension, and inspire stakeholders towards improving production, productivity and quality of millets.
- India is currently presiding over G20 which has motto of ‘One Earth, One Family, One Future’ that also reflecting in the International Year of Millets.
- The year 2023 is experiencing a year-long campaign and several activities nationally and globally for increased adoption and promotion of millets.
India has carried a multi-stakeholder engagement approach and made involvement of farmers, startups, exporters, retail businesses, hotel associations and various arms of the government in India and abroad to achieve the aims of International Year of Millets 2023.
Government of India’s multilateral actions will positioned India as the ‘Global Hub of Millets’.
Question & Answer:
Q1. Who inaugurated two-day Global Millets Conference in New Delhi?
Ans. PM Narendra Modi
Q2. The United Nations declared to celebrate the year 2023 as International Year of Millets on recommendation of which nation?
Q3. What is the current motto of G20 which is presided by India?
Ans. ‘One Earth, One Family, One Future’
Click to Buy Bank MahaCombo Package
Download Online Mock Test Mobile APP