216 feet tall Statue of Equality
Team Ambitiousbaba are here with a Current Affairs Special Series. In this series, candidates will be introduced to current affairs topics daily, which will not only improve their general awareness but also will ensure that the candidates do not lack in any current affairs topic. Today’s Current Affairs topic is “Statue of Equality”
The 216-foot tall ‘Statue of Equality’ was inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday to honor the 11th-century Hindu saint Ramanujacharya. The statue of Ramanujacharya ji is symbolizing his knowledge, detachment, and ideals.
As per the official statement by Prime Minister’s Office, the Statue of Equality marks Ramanujacharya, who pushed the idea of equality in all aspects of living including faith, caste and creed.
- Born: 25 April, 1077 in a village under Chola Empire.
- Ramanujacharya was very famous Hindu philosopher, social reformer and one of the most significant exponents of the Sri Vaishavism tradition of Hinduism.
- He worked on foundations to devote which influential to the Bhakti Movement.
Some details about Statue and event:
- The statue is built from ‘panchaloha’, a combination of five metals: gold, silver, copper, brass, and zinc and is among one of the tallest metallic statues in sitting position, in the world.
- It is put on a 54-feet high base building, named ‘Bhadra Vedi’, has floors devoted for a Vedic digital library and research centre, ancient Indian texts, a theatre, an educational gallery detailing many works of Sri Ramanujacharya.
- The statue which is considered as one of the world’s tallest statue has been conceptualized by Sri Chinna Jeeyar Swami of Sri Ramanujacharya Ashram.
- The Prime Minister saw the recreations of 108 Divya Desams (ornately carved temples) that surround the Statue of Equality.
- A 3D projection performance on the life journey and teaching of Ramanujacharya will also be demonstrated.
- The inauguration of the Statue of Equality is done amid the ongoing 1000th birth anniversary celebrations of Sri Ramanujacharya of the 12-day Sri Ramanuja Sahasrabdi Samaroham.
- Prime Minister earlier during his Hyderabad has visited launched the 50th Anniversary celebrations of International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT).
Question & Answer:
Q1. ‘Statue of Equality’ has been inaugurated by whom?
Ans. PM Narendra Modi
Q2. ‘Statue of Equality’ is a symbol of which saint?
Ans. Ramanujacharya (Hindu Saint)
Q3. Newly inaugurated ‘Statue of Equality’ is situated in which Indian city?
2022 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|