The Hindu Editorial Analysis
The Importance of Reading The Hindu Editorial: Reading The Hindu newspaper has several benefits, including improving reading skills, facilitating comprehension, staying informed of current events, enhancing essay writing, and more. For individuals aiming for a career in banking, reading editorials is crucial for vocabulary building. In this article, we will examine today’s editorials, provide practice questions, and highlight important vocabulary words.
Enhancing the borderline.
- The Government of India is paying special attention to the development of border villages, especially from a security perspective.
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah said on December 29 that borders could be permanently secured only when border villages are populated by patriotic citizens who are concerned for the country.
- Shah asked the Border Security Force (BSF) to be $actively use the Vibrant Village Programme (VVP), announced by the Centre in the 2022 Budget, to promote development and communication in border villages.
- The scheme is for funding development of “border villages with sparse population, limited connectivity and infrastructure (that) often get left out from the development gains,” Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman had said in her Budget speech in 2022.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi had said the scheme signified the government’s “holistic approach” to ensure that these villages have all facilities.
- The Ministry of Home A$airs (MHA) informed Parliament on March 29, 2022 that plans were afoot for the convergence of existing schemes into the new one; and an implementation framework, fund requirements and other modalities were being finalized.
- The existing Border Area Development Plan of the MHA covers development of all border regions, and it is unclear how VVP will be different from that.
- One year after it was announced, there is little clarity on the details of VVP, including on the question of whether it will cover all border areas or only the northern border with China as mentioned in the Budget.
- The government has said VVP would cover construction of village infrastructure, housing, tourist centers, road connectivity, provisioning of decentralized renewable energy, direct-to-home access for Doordarshan and educational channels, and support for livelihood generation.
- There were also plans to open the villages along the China border in Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh and the Union Territory of Ladakh for tourists.
- The MHA recently informed a Parliamentary Standing Committee that the budget provisions for the programme have been sent to the Expenditure Finance Committee for its approval.
- Why does the Government of India pay special attention to the development of border villages?
- What does MHA stand for? What are the works and responsibilities it takes?
- Decentralized– controlled by several local offices or authorities rather than one single one.
- Vibrant– full of life and energy; exciting
- Holistic– considered as a whole thing rather than a collection of parts
- Modality– particular mode in which something exists or is experienced or expressed.
- Convergence-when two or more things come together to form a new whole