Table of Contents
The Hindu Editorial Analysis
The Importance of Reading The Hindu Editorial: Reading The Hindu newspaper has several benefits, including improving reading skills, facilitating comprehension, staying informed of current events, enhancing essay writing, and more. For individuals aiming for a career in banking, reading editorials is crucial for vocabulary building. In this article, we will examine today’s editorials, provide practice questions, and highlight important vocabulary words.
Miles to go.
- India’s economy is firmly out of the throes of the pandemic blues, the higher than expected 7.2% GDP growth last year could actually be an ‘underestimate’, and the country is now poised for a decade, if not more, of uninterrupt ed 6.5%-7% growth, even if no further reforms are undertaken.
- This was the key message from Chief Economic Advisor (CEA) V. Anantha Nageswaran’s prognosis of the state of the economy, conveyed to industry leaders last week.
- India, he asserted, could now grow for a longer period of seven to 15 years as China did between 1979 and 2008 without “running into overheating problems” as it did after three-four years of strong growth in recent decades.
- Among the reasons for his optimism-strong momentum, better macro fundamentals with inflation and trade deficits easing in recent months, and cleaner bank and corporate balance sheets, bolstered by reforms such as Goods and Services Tax (GST) and digitisation that are spurring formalization.
- The CEA’S elaborate elucidation on the economy’s bright prospects can well be seen as a fresh official nudge to the private sector to stop worrying and restart investing.
- At the same time, his comment that the economy could be on ‘auto-pilot’ mode, may be a hint that the appetite for important pending reforms such as rationalizing the GST structure or fixing archaic factor market laws is low, at least till the 2024 Lok Sabha election.
- With sectors such as steel and cement seeing higher capacities in action,a broad-based revival may take longer and needs more actions to buttress the confidence building.
- That India has now recovered from the COVID-19 hit on the economy, marked by a 5.8% GDP contraction in 2020-21, is good. But returning to the pre-pandemic trajectory is not enough -remember that growth had slid for seven suc cessive quarters even before the pandemic lockdowns.
- The economy grew just 3.9% in 2019-20 from 6.5% in the year before, and the quality of the recovery thus far remains uneven.
- Unless private investment recovers firmly and revs up job creation for millions of youth, demand growth shall not sustain enough to create the virtuous cycle the government is betting on.
- If India wants to encash the world’s China-plus-one supply chain quest, that intent is not often matched by actions. Misadventures such as high import tariffs and the complex ‘angel tax’ on inbound investments apart, even failing to fix an online service to register a new company does not engender investor confidence.
- Before the economic engine can be truly on ‘auto pilot’ mode, the government must desist from unnecessary tinkering with its calibrations and create conducive conditions for a smooth and swift, hurdle free passage for value and job creators.
- What was the key message from Chief Economic Advisor (CEA) V. Anantha Nageswaran?
- Why do the sections of industry may start loosening the purse strings soon?
- Hurdle- type of light fence that a person or a horse jumps over in a race
- Calibration- the act of marking units of measurement on an instrument so that it can be used for measuring something accurately
- Desist- stop doing something
- Conducive- helping or making something happen
- Virtuous- behaving in a morally good way
- Archaic- very old-fashioned
Recommended PDF’s for 2023:
- Computer Capsule 2022 : Download PDF
- Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise Online Test Series 2022
- Banking Awareness (Theory+MCQ’s) Complete PDF : Download Now
- Get FREE Study Materials & PDFs for IBPS , RBI, SBI, LIC AAO , LIC Assistant, NIACL & Other Exams Over the mail and Whatsapp
2023 Preparation Kit PDF
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Static GK/Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|The Banking Awareness 500 MCQs E-book| Bilingual (Hindi + English)||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series- Banking Awareness Practice Ebook PDF||Get PDF here|
|Computer Awareness Capsule 2.O||Get PDF here|
|AATMA-NIRBHAR Series Quantitative Aptitude Topic-Wise PDF 2020||Get PDF here|
|Memory Based Puzzle E-book | 2016-19 Exams Covered||Get PDF here|
|Caselet Data Interpretation 200 Questions||Get PDF here|
|Puzzle & Seating Arrangement E-Book for BANK PO MAINS (Vol-1)||Get PDF here|
|ARITHMETIC DATA INTERPRETATION 2.O E-book||Get PDF here|