The Hindu Editorial Analysis
We all are aware of the importance of reading The Hindu newspaper with the aspect of improving reading ability, easily comprehending paragraphs, getting updated with the current events, improving essay writing and many more. For a banking aspirant it becomes necessary to read editorials for vocabulary. In this article we are going to discuss the points of today’s editorials with practice questions and important vocabs.
The move of US towards Pakistan is concerning India:
- India and the US hold a great diplomatic relationship and robust security ties. It can’t be hampered by the new warmness of the US towards Pakistan.
- The US has approved a deal to give the F-16 fighter fleet ,a 450 USD deal, to Pakistan to combat the counter-terrorism.
- The F-16 fighter fleet of Pakistan imported from the US has been remaining a backbone for Pakistan’s air defence since 1980.
- It has been upgraded from period to period.
- The relationship between the US and Pakistan over the defence sector is growing year to year and has become a problematic situation for India.
- India is showing concern for this flourishing diplomatic relationship between these two countries because the US is an important nation for India for cooperation.
- The partnership of the US and Pakistan in the defence sector is a non-NATO ally.
- The reasoning that comes from the US about this deal is that it is for countering terrorism across the world.
- After the balakot strike Pakistan had deployed F-16 fighter planes to target the Indian army.
- Thus the apprehensions of India have become true.
- Pakistan has used terrorism as a state policy against India and the strength that has been given by the US to the defence sector of Pakistan has become a major concern for India.
- This move of the US to handover the F-16 fighter fleet to Pakistan strains its relationship with India.
- The relationship between India and the US has many obstacles but it comes with much progress. Thus it becomes necessary for both the countries to maintain the integrity of this relationship.
- India and the US have dealt greatly with emergency issues and managed their differences.
- These issues are the Ukraine and Russia war, Afghanistan issue and the US sanctions policy.
- The US needed Pakistan to maintain the strength of its army in Afghanistan and now the US also needs Pakistan to stay away from Afghanistan.
- According to this reasoning,this deal is for self centric purposes.
- The US and India have committed to support each other in the defence sector but the approach of the US towards Pakistan impregnates new apprehensions.
- India and the US need to ensure the importance of their diplomatic and defence ties and try to manage their differences through conversation and cooperation.
- Give a brief description about the relationship between India and the US.
- Describe the major concerns of India towards the approach of the US to Pakistan.
- What are the emerging issues between the relationship of India and the US?
Interlocutors: person who takes part in a conversation
Debris: waste, remains
Thaw: make more friendlier
Strides: make progress