The Hindu Editorial Analysis
The Importance of Reading The Hindu Editorial: Reading The Hindu newspaper has several benefits, including improving reading skills, facilitating comprehension, staying informed of current events, enhancing essay writing, and more. For individuals aiming for a career in banking, reading editorials is crucial for vocabulary building. In this article, we will examine today’s editorials, provide practice questions, and highlight important vocabulary words.
House of horrors.
- It is inconceivable that a grant of violations of law and human rights happen in plain sight, and when intervention finally happens, it’s already too late for some.
- The case in point is the Anbu Jothi Ashram case in Tamil Nadu’s Villupuram district where — entirely by accident — the lid was blown away by dark secrets and happenings inside the home.
- The issue came to light when police followed the thread of man missing complaints.Then one sordid fact after the other came to light, including sexual and physical abuse, bizarre scare tactics and even trafficking.
- The unlicensed home — the name translates to a fame of love’ — was providing shelter to persons on the fringes of society, physically and socially in need of support. It had been accommodating destitute women, abandoned senior citizens, beggars, alcohol addicts and persons with mental retardation or illness.
- Residents who were rescued later told tales of how they were held down with a mixture of fear, terror, and perversion; the owners also used monkeys to terrorize them.
- The home had been running for years until police first entered its premises last week to arrest four employees for running the center without a valid permit.
- A total of 142 residents were rescued and relocated. Subsequently, as women residents of the home made sexual assault and torture charges against the owner Jubin Baby and his wife Maria, police arrested the couple.
- Another unit run by them near Puducherry was closed down and over 20 residents were rescued. Following up, the National Commission for Women recorded testimonies of the rescued women, and the investigation has been handed over to the CB-CID.
- The Anbu Jothi Ashram case should never have happened, given the safety mechanisms provided by the law, and rules crafted and enforced by the State.
- All care homes should be registered and periodic assessments carried out to allow them to continue to operate.
- This case certainly speaks to chronic neglect in the sector, despite periodic exhortations and even raids on care homes to check their credentials.
- What does this case certainly speak about?
- Why were the houses rescued and what was the main reason behind it?
- Incentive– something that encourages you
- Levied– to officially demand and collect money, etc.
- Leverage– the act of using a lever to lift or open something
- Staggering– that you find difficult to believe
Click to Buy Bank MahaCombo Package
Download Online Mock Test Mobile APP